* Latest ups/downs

* Changed competition winners

* latest players released

* Started moving July transfers to current clubs

* Latest Managerial/Staff moves

Link to the full changelist!

What we're planning on changing

Where you can download it

And the four places to complain - Here!/Our Contact form/Our Forum/The original Post on our site

Hope you all enjoy it as much as it has pained me to get this far!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've updated the first post with the release info for V5 but before I run away again I thought I'd highlight the full changelist for Versions 1 through 5 .....

26th April 2009

* Latest transfers from around the world

* Latest Manager moves from around the world including Roy Keane amongst many others

* Fixed Issue of the winner of the African Cup Winner’s cup playing in the CAF Super Cup

* Updated Squads/numbers for Eredivisie in Holland

* Updated Squads/numbers for USL-2 in USA

* Updated Squad numbers for Veikkausliiga in Finland

* Updated Squad numbers for Tippligaen & Adeccoligaen in Norway

* More general housekeeping of the database

12th April 2009

* Latest transfer moves including Akinbiyi to MLS amongst many others

* Major update to Veikkausliiga & Ykkönen in Finland

* Updated Allsvenskan in Sweden

* Updated USL-1 in USA

* Latest Managerial moves done including the spate of International sackings this week

* Changed Competition colours for UEFA Champions League/UEFA Cup

* Corrected Competition Names in Finland/Sweden/Norway/France amongst others

* And a whole lot more Housekeeping to improve the playability of the database

3rd April 2009

* Latest transfer moves

* Added Missed transfer moves from Sweden, Finland, Norway & Russia

* Changed incorrect Australian club names at State League level

* More General housekeeping

* Latest Manager moves including Eriksson/Shearer/Aguirre amongst many others

22nd March 2009

* Added more MLS moves included creating missing players

* Added latest transfers

* Updated Dutch Managers

* General tidying of Injuries/Bans/Retirements/Future transfers

19th March 2009

* Correct French club short names

* Add in missed transfers as per SI forums thread

* Update MLS Squads/Numbers

* Update A-League Squads/Numbers

* Correct English Premiership/Championship Squad numbers

* Add latest English Non League transfers

* And lot’s of other bits and pieces

On that note I'll let you speculate/suggest changes for V6!!

Hi , it would be great if you can update the asian leagues especially singapore.

If someone will provide me with info there's more chance of it being included quicker

is this avalible with the 9.0.3 patch

This update is based on the 9.3 patch

If someone will provide me with info there's more chance of it being included quicker

This update is based on the 9.3 patch

so if i download this will it also have the 9.0.3 update with it with the bugs fixed with it

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Version: V7 - 25th May 2009

Changelist

What we're planning on changing

Where you can download it

And the four places to complain - Here!/Our Contact form/Our Forum/The original Post on our site

Hope you all enjoy it as much as it has pained me to get this far!

do you have to move the downloaded files to a ceratin folder, a new fmupdates v7 folder has been created but when I start a new game it obviously doenst read the updates i.e. newcastle in prem.

Found one data issue.

Kevin Ellison is supposed to be a Rotherham :) Just thought i'd point it out.

Sorted for next version :)

do you have to move the downloaded files to a ceratin folder, a new fmupdates v7 folder has been created but when I start a new game it obviously doenst read the updates i.e. newcastle in prem.

extract the folder to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db

Also you need 9.3.0 patch for it to work

My editor tells me that you 'haven't touched' reputation yet either. Got suspicious after Owen was give 4* CA for championship. All you have done is swapped teams from one league to another, and done transfers for players and staff. Needs to be marked as a beta release TBH, as most of it is missing right now.

My editor tells me that you 'haven't touched' reputation yet either. Got suspicious after Owen was give 4* CA for championship. All you have done is swapped teams from one league to another, and done transfers for players and staff. Needs to be marked as a beta release TBH, as most of it is missing right now.

Read the comment below, it's pretty much the only reason I released an update today ;)

Cheers mate, I only wanted this so I could play as Newcastle in the Championship. Hoping for automatic promotion :)

Thanks

good work, only gripe really is that strachen gets the celtic job and calderwood gets the job at aberdeen

I'll have a look and see if I can stop it happening :)

EDIT: Seems that being the highest rep managers in the league available to take the job means they get it, there's no other direct link :D

I am not arguing that it should not have been released, merely that for most of us it should be marked as 'unfinished' as that is what it is.

To be fair I never claimed to have done anything that I haven't ;) But we both know where each other is coming from :)

make them hated by the club? should stop them getting the job back

I may well have to resort to that dirty tactic :(

To the people which are being Newcastle..

It's going to be so hard making money with this large wage bill. I am losing money week in week out, I'd suggest selling most of the big earners and bringing in young, cheap players which are capable of playing in Championship and you know that they will be good enough for next season(if you go up) which should not be too much of a problem. :)

I am not arguing that it should not have been released, merely that for most of us it should be marked as 'unfinished' as that is what it is.

Why dont you just open the update up in editor mate and mess with the reps yourself thats wot i did not hard and takes about 5mins:thup:

To the people which are being Newcastle..

It's going to be so hard making money with this large wage bill. I am losing money week in week out, I'd suggest selling most of the big earners and bringing in young, cheap players which are capable of playing in Championship and you know that they will be good enough for next season(if you go up) which should not be too much of a problem. :)

Pretty much how it'll be until they offload some players IRL :)

downloading this updating finances and changing reputation a bit depending on who finished where in prem

I believe this is something that should be included in the next update, please Q2thaz. Just some slight rep changes and finance changes.

My only criticisms of this update are that you have changed England's national colours to white and red, it's white and blue when it comes to football, really, and should be kept that way. I know the English flag is white and red, but England wear blue shorts, not red. Other than that its a very good update, sadly though you don't know all competition winners yet so the likes of Fulham are replaced by Portsmouth in the Europe League. And also, you have Celtic going in the group stages, rather than Rangers.

Archived