my goalkeeper scored

Never have. Although in FM07 I think when I was managing Haverfordwest County and Barry Town in Wales I used to bring on my backup keeper regularly to play up front and he got himself a few goals. :D I did that as only 3 subs were allowed on the bench.

On a related issue, I was just wondering do people ever send their keeper up for set pieces in the last few minutes when they need a goal and if so ever had them score?

In a save I was playing a few weeks ago I had Buffon score from just outside his own area in open play. The special thing about it was that he was in his forties, it was my first game as Italy boss and I had been criticised for making him captain and recalling him to the team (or something like that). By the end of the match he had scored his first ever Italy goal, I got my first Italy win and we all proved our various points.

Unfortunately I was sacked a year later after receiving much derision for my strange squad selections...

I almost did... managing England and were drawing against a team we really should be beating (can't recall who). Robinson himself leapt highest, wonderful header that cannoned off the crossbar :(

On a related issue, I was just wondering do people ever send their keeper up for set pieces in the last few minutes when they need a goal and if so ever had them score?

I do that a lot, even if I'm winning :)

Have never seen my goalie score from a goal-kick or a kick from his hands from his own area though.

Reminds me of when a pre-United Peter Schmeichel hit the crossbar from a huge punt once for Denmark against England at Wembley, with none other than Peter Shilton in the England nets.

my goalkeeper did a paul robinson against foster has anybody elses keeper scored without using them as penalty or free kick taker.

Ben Amos on his first appearance for my Millwall team, inside his own half, wicked curl (2d) huge bounce and straight over the keeper.

Archived