Georginio Wijnaldum

Wijnaldum is a very hot prospect for the future and he has become a forum favourite ever since he his appearence in FM 08 and is a must buy for your team. This thread is all about the skillful Dutchman.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Georginio Wijnaldum (born November 11, 1990) is a professional Dutch footballer, who plays for Feyenoord where he has a contract until 2010. Wijnaldum is one of the most promising talents to come out of the Feyenoord youth system in modern times. He made his debut in a Eredivisie game against FC Groningen on April 8, 2007. Despite Feyenoord losing 0-4 he played well, and he was crowned Feyenoord's man of the match in that game. Georginio's meteoric rise to first-team football started in January 2007 when he was invited to a soccer camp with Feyenoord's first-team squad. The camp was held in Turkey and Feyenoord were participating in the EFES Pilsen Cup. Erwin Koeman, the former manager of Feyenoord, knew of Wijnaldum's talents and presumably acted to include him in the camp. Wijnaldum played his first competitive match against FC Groningen because Royston Drenthe and Danny Buijs were suspended for the game and Sebastián Pardo, Theo Lucius and Nicky Hofs were injured. Georginio was 16 years and 148 days old when he made his debut, making him the youngest player ever for Feyenoord.

v8kdi8.jpg

Full name: Georginio Wijnaldum

Date of birth: November 11, 1990 (1990-11-11) (age 18)

Place of birth: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Height: 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)

Playing position: Midfielder(AM RLC)

Current club: Feyenoord

Number: 25

Youth career

1997-2004 Sparta Rotterdam

2004-2007 Feyenoord

Senior career

2007– Feyenoord 22 Apps 9Gls

National team

2006-2007 Netherlands U17 15 Apps 10 Gls

2007- Netherlands U19 17 Apps 13 Gls

Wijnaldum in FM 09

j0b14x.png

All i can say is wow and with good training who knows what will become

Feedback

Comments on how he develops, if he's worthwhile to have on your team and any other comments on him are welcome

• 1 month later...

I had him as rotating winger with Ashley Young & James Milner at Villa in my first season...

Early in my second Carew was injured long term, I had sol Gabbie in January and Harewood wasn't performing..

I played him up front and he's now a starting ST alongside Hulk

5 goals in 8 appearances isn't too bad for a Natural AMC

I have also trained him so he's now accomplished as an FC, AML, AMR, MC, MR, ML & is currently unconvincing as a DM (hoping to improve :D)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

right i dont want to sound stupid lol, but..

didnt he have a acceleration and pace of 20/20 in FM08? because im sure he did, reason i bought him every time?

im totally confused, because surely they wouldnt put his pace and acceleration down that much :O

Archived