Whats going on?? Ahhh...

Sorry, but I dont like FM16. Its nothing like FM15. No matter which tactic I use and no matter how high player morales is, i cant score goals and barely win matches.

Every match I play, the statistic is something like this: 25 shots - 15 shots on target - 10 clear cut chances - 0 or 1 goal.

My opponents statistics is something like this: 5 shots - 2 shots on target - 0 clear cut chances - 1 or 2 goal(s)!

EVERY MATCH IS LIKE THIS!

I have tried different tactics and even cheated with live-editor, and used world class strikers, even tried different clubs = no difference!

I almost done, I give up, i regret buying FM16.

I dont believe there is a logic explanation for this. I create lot of quality chances but no goals! I have played FM for many years now and FM16 is way different than the others games.

I dont think i'm the only one with this experience?

You have played FM for years and yet your posts on the forums consistently show a lack of understanding of both general football and FM.

You will never enjoy the game until you accept that A) In football the best team doesn't always win & B) Your tactics & the choices you make can be improved.

Each version the AI gets improved, exploits are closed and better tactics/decisions are required.

You have played FM for years and yet your posts on the forums consistently show a lack of understanding of both general football and FM.

You will never enjoy the game until you accept that A) In football the best team doesn't always win & B) Your tactics & the choices you make can be improved.

Each version the AI gets improved, exploits are closed and better tactics/decisions are required.

You have been a member of this forum now more than a decade and you never get open minded and try to understand the issues gamers have with the game? You keep defending the game and will never accept that the game could have a problem/bug with the its database/AI. You will keep getting unhappy gamers until you accept that A) FM could actually have some issues & B) FM its not a perfect game without any bugs

I have played FM since championship manager, and have never seen something like FM16

You have been a member of this forum now more than a decade and you never get open minded and try to understand the issues gamers have with the game?

Technically I've been part of the forums for a lot longer than that under a few different usernames but that not important.

I understand the issues and yours is one that has come up time & time again, its nothing new, you aren't the first to raise it & you won't be the last.

The problem is with your expectations & approach to the game and that isn't something SI, me, the mods or any other forum member can fix. We can help, we can advise, we can sympathise when you are unlucky & we can take a more blunt approach but ultimately nothing will change with your experience until you do.

You keep defending the game and will never accept that the game could have a problem/bug with the its database/AI. You will keep getting unhappy gamers until you accept that A) FM could actually have some issues & B) FM its not a perfect game without any bugs

FM always has bugs and I accept that.

What I don't accept is people blaming bugs for something that is their fault whether that be actions or perception.

I feel your pain man im playing teams of the park hitting woodwork 5/6 times a game and getting beat 1-0 late on must be my tactics maybe i should go al AI sit back let them have 20 shots then attack quick score then sit back but i think the AI would be 5-0 up after 20 shots but you will get the brown nosers defending the game as there scared of ban think each year FM is losing more loyal fanbase

I thought the same thing. I was googling my problems with losing and drawing away from hoe. It ended up it was my tactics. I have played many football manager games and never really struggled with the tactical side of things as much as i have with this version. I am slowely but surely getting it. I am 3 seasons in and i have almost mastered it. They away loses seem to have subsided. I used to dominate the games with 3-5 clear cut chances and still lose 2-0. Just kept tweaking my tactics until i got it.

I suspect your issues are the same.

Technically I've been part of the forums for a lot longer than that under a few different usernames but that not important.

I understand the issues and yours is one that has come up time & time again, its nothing new, you aren't the first to raise it & you won't be the last.

The problem is with your expectations & approach to the game and that isn't something SI, me, the mods or any other forum member can fix. We can help, we can advise, we can sympathise when you are unlucky & we can take a more blunt approach but ultimately nothing will change with your experience until you do.

FM always has bugs and I accept that.

What I don't accept is people blaming bugs for something that is their fault whether that be actions or perception.

Ok, so what is the solution than? I dont expect to win every game. What i dont understand is, how can i play 40 matches (a season) in a row with 20 shots on target and only score 0 or 1-2 goal(s)? And my opponent scores with only 5 shots on target. Its always like this no matter tactics.

You have been a member of this forum now more than a decade and you never get open minded and try to understand the issues gamers have with the game? You keep defending the game and will never accept that the game could have a problem/bug with the its database/AI. You will keep getting unhappy gamers until you accept that A) FM could actually have some issues & B) FM its not a perfect game without any bugs

I have played FM since championship manager, and have never seen something like FM16

I have also played the game since the first edition of Championship Manager but not had an issue on the game - maybe its your tactics - try the tactics forum and ask for advice. The game has bugs as do they all but this isn't why you are facing the issues you have. The game also does not have any game breaking bugs It is the most polished version for a long time. I know you will disagree as your mind is made up that the game is broken.

I have just won the league with a mediocre team - so cannot understand how you have not with a cheat of world class players in your squad. If its broken or bugged in this area - how did I do this?

The other issue is you could manage like Jose Mouriniho!!! :lol:

I have also played the game since the first edition of Championship Manager but not had an issue on the game - maybe its your tactics - try the tactics forum and ask for advice. The game has bugs as do they all but this isn't why you are facing the issues you have. The game also does not have any game breaking bugs It is the most polished version for a long time. I know you will disagree as your mind is made up that the game is broken.

I have just won the league with a mediocre team - so cannot understand how you have not with a cheat of world class players in your squad. If its broken or bugged in this area - how did I do this?

The other issue is you could manage like Jose Mouriniho!!! :lol:

Screen shots of your team or your a brown noser you bombard the AI then boom they stroll up the pitch and 1-0 or you go 1-0 up hang on till the end then boom 1-1 its not meant to favour the AI but come on world class forwards going 5/6 games of hitting the post 5 times a game its unreal and im fed up of people blaming tactics if your having 60% poss 20/30 shots with 10/15 on target 15 corners a game then your tactics are fine your out playing the team but your team cannot score for toffee your telling me 10 players can miss everygame at least 1/2 players take a chance that comes there way in a game as happens every saturday in real life as people seem to quote its or every keeper plays world class apart from our keeper of course

Ok, so what is the solution than? I dont expect to win every game. What i dont understand is, how can i play 40 matches (a season) in a row with 20 shots on target and only score 0 or 1-2 goal(s)? And my opponent scores with only 5 shots on target. Its always like this no matter tactics.

There is no simple on/off switch its a case of small changes in several areas.

Perception - Even the best teams drop points in around 25%-33% of games which is more than what many users think and leads to frustration which leads to bad decisions.

Understanding - On a match by match basis you need to be able to follow the flow of the match and react to it. You also need to understand the importance of scoring or not scoring, you can dominate 70 minutes of a match but if you don't score it means nothing and suddenly the underdog has 20 minutes to win the match. Over a longer period you need to be able to identify when your team is in good or bad form. Your job as manager over a season is to lengthen the good runs & minimise the bad ones, the earlier you can identify a change of form the better.

Tactics - Once again this means every single option that goes into the ME. You need to be able to recognise what is happening on the pitch, identify which parts of your tactics are working/not working and make good choices during a match. This isn't really something anyone can teach you unless they are looking over your shoulder when you play, its something you have to learn for yourself through trial & error. When something happens on the pitch rather than thinking bug you need to think "Why did that happen" was it the player's attributes?, his role/duty? was he tired?, overconfident? had low morale?, nervous?, inconsistent? and could you have made a different choice to stop that situation?

None of us are perfect, we all make bad decisions, all we try to do is make more good decisions than bad ones.

Ultimately though a lot of the frustration comes from not having a direct influence on the match. As a manager you don't kick the ball or move a player with a controller.

Every match I play, the statistic is something like this: 25 shots - 15 shots on target - 10 clear cut chances - 0 or 1 goal.

The devs purposely do this so that it becomes more challenging. Think about it -- if you score 10 goals a game, we'd see you making a thread about how EZMODE this game is and how you score so many goals regardless of which tactic you use. While I don't like that the devs do this (make the AI GKs borderline God-mode), I understand why they chose to do it.

Closing this as its nothing but pointless ranting. Head to the tactics section and post up your setup with as much detail as possible. I've got Anthony Martial scoring 25 goals in all competitions and it's not even reached Christmas in my save. Games not perfect but the issue here is definitely how you go about things,you've had advice before

The devs purposely do this so that it becomes more challenging. Think about it -- if you score 10 goals a game, we'd see you making a thread about how EZMODE this game is and how you score so many goals regardless of which tactic you use. While I don't like that the devs do this (make the AI GKs borderline God-mode), I understand why they chose to do it.

None of that is even remotely close to the truth. Please don't make things up. The ME doesn't even distinguish between AI and human inputs so what you are saying is impossible for a start

Archived