[FM2016] The United States Project

9PdAc0u.png

MLS - 20 Teams

NASL - 11 Teams

USL - 24 Teams

Please be aware that this file is a BETA. If you find any problems, please make sure you report it in this thread.

I still have data that needs to be added, but report anything you find to be sure I havent missed anything.

If anybody has any information on squad rules could they let me know, thanks.

BETA 0.3

DOWNLOAD

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Jay.. Just wondering any chance for it to be uploaded with a fmf format as i want to use ur roster but change one of the MLS teams but its not showing up in the editor as dbc or even if i rename it to fmf

import it, instead of load.

Another good american update !!! Are you going to create the USL and NASL ? With the new squads (miami fc, RGV Toros, Rayo OKC,...) ?

Eventually yes :) I spent most of last night/early morning trying to make a working NASL to how I would like it. I'm quite new to the advanced editor so it has been quite a challenge, but I am getting there :)

Is anyone doing the Real life USA database or are they always making it so you can get relegation and promotion? I get its a good idea but I want to play the lower levels properly.

That is the aim for this project. I am eventually going to try and make it so the teams are added in at the right years but it is quite a challenge. I am working on the NASL and USL right now.

UPDATE: The NASL and USL structures are pretty much complete. The only issue I can find is I cannot make the combined table for the NASL. If anyone could help that would be awesome. ;)

That is the aim for this project. I am eventually going to try and make it so the teams are added in at the right years but it is quite a challenge. I am working on the NASL and USL right now.

UPDATE: The NASL and USL structures are pretty much complete. The only issue I can find is I cannot make the combined table for the NASL. If anyone could help that would be awesome. ;)

Wish I could help but am looking forward to this! Anyway you can make 2 db's one with the 24 team MLS and another with just the 20 team MLS?

I will see how it goes. The ultimate aim is to have it so the league grows over time as scheduled in real life, but this might not be possible. If it is not, i will release 2 files.

Sounds good, thanks for putting this together. Looking forward to playing in NASL.

I will check out his database soon :) I already have an idea of how I can fix it, its just a matter of having the patience. Editing USA has been very problematic, especially with being new to the advanced editor. I am going to take a break from this for today. I havent stopped working on this since I started, to the point I am using the editor in my dreams. XD

Anyway, 0.2 has been posted, which includes the NASL.

Downloaded and kicked off a new game just to make sure I could select NASL as a playable league. My main excitement TBH though is with the USL update you are working on.

I love MLS and the nuanced rules it has but developing players is very hard w/o an affiliate that actually plays games. Having MLS teams with USL affiliates (like RBNY II) playing consistly will actually allow the development of younger players MUCH better.

I'll be starting a game as soon as the USL update is out and can keep you updated with how things go!

edited to add: thanks so much for building this and providing it to everyone!

Big time thanks! I look forward to importing it into the editor to learn how to add more things like Academy games, etc on my own.

The gamer in me wishes this were out right when I bought the game earlier this week - the professional in me though is SO glad it takes a while to get all this done and it's now Friday night. :)

Once again thank you so much for putting all the effort into getting this built!

0.3 posted :) USL is playable.

Having an issue wih getting the teams to have 6 games against the other conference however. This is because I have to set each conference up as a sub division, rather than groups. I cannot set them up as groups without moving the clubs into the main competition. If I do this, I get a crash because the cup is looking for the team in the conferences and not the main comp. Complicated to explain, but I am working on it :) Each team plays each in their conference twice for now, then meet in the playoff.

The top 2 teams from each conference get a bye to the quarters. The 3rd to 6th from each conference enter the playoff in the first round, the winning teams go through the the quarters. Just like in real life.

MLS Academy teams are managable, also.

this looks great, always wanted to play as a NASL team!

Any particular rules about roster or contracts in the NASL? money prize, awards, transfers and regens all working as intended? looking forward to have a long term save with this!

The rules and setup are different.

There is 2 league stages in one season. One is called the spring season, one is called the fall season. The winner of each stage qualifies for the playoffs. Then points from both seasons are added together, and the two highest teams on the combined table qualify for the playoff also. Then a standard 4 team playoff comenses. The winner of this is the champion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_North_American_Soccer_League_season

There is no roster rules yet, I havent been about to find any information on it.

And i have no idea i havent tried. Youll just have to try it and see :)

They are under "nation"- USA, "match rules " then#14.. They will be towards bottom. Not in from of my computer but pretty sure this is correct.

Only critique I have is , under past winner history they list winner twice for playoff and regular season. I have ran into this also when I did my DB. Not sure how to get around it. Would like to see one winner for League and one "soccer bowl" (D2 Champion in editor).

Just as a quick update - finally passed out at 3:30am last night after getting all the way through......1 preseason game :p. Gotta love FM! So far all is great though - the schedule for RBNY II shows a full slate of games as a USL team which is great for having development opportunities.

Actually just ran into my first issue but I'm guessing this is a bug in FM2016 instead of the editor file.

If you want to sign a designated player and the transfer fee is high the game still tries to take the transfer fee out of your transfer budget allocation money and not allowing it to roll into the DP cost. Unfortunately I don't know if that is simply that the Red Bulls aren't willing to spend much or a bug in how DP transfers work compared to MLS rules.

Will take a look around forums in general (and make sure I understand the rules correctly myself).

Archived