how do u play fm?

I play 3d match engine, only key highlights (most users here likely watch a lot more of the matches), and I only give the assistant manager the responsibility of setting opposition instructions and sometimes for playing friendlies. The reason I only do key highlights is because I play as a low league team and thus cranking through seasons is more important than each individual season. Again, most will disagree with me on that and recommend at LEAST extended highlights.

3D Pitch view, extended highlights, depends if I can get decent staff, I like to get a Head of Youth to control Youth Teams, If I can get an Assistant Manager with good tactical ability and motivation then I'll let him do the training (As I started off with Sunday League and no badges), I like to take things slow, maybe two or three games a day. I do a lot of scouting, months and months of reports on players. I like to invest in two accomplished tactics which I have just completed at start of second season, have a 4-1-2-2-1 and 5-3-2 (Van Gall). I like to promote youth through, especially last season I have adleast 6 under 19's in my squad, three main starters and we achieved 7th in the league massively beating our target of avoid relegation. I like to keep my team happy, even if we lose, as as soon as morale starts dropping it is extremely hard to get back out of it on this game. I do like to have a big-ish squad, last season I did struggle slightly with injuries and only had a 18 player match squad, I've now increased that to 22 and just signed legendary Welshman Paul Parry after his Halifax contract expired. :D

Good at:

Squad building

Morale Boosting

Tactical experience is gaining

Team Talks

Press Conferences

Need Work:

Financial Management

Training

I'm playing FMC, so things are a little different for me.

In the match I use 3D and unless testing tweaks to my tactic I use Key highlights. The view is either set to Closer or Closer Reversed, whichever looks less dark. Highlights are goal action and director cam.

I control training including individual training, but that's a little different in FMC as there's no match preperation or tactic familiarity. Tutoring happens automatically behind the scenes and so far it looks like twice its worked well and twice not so good, but in FMC the players quickly get over a bad tutoring as they only get a morale drop.

I have a HoY and DoF, but they don't do much really. I'm in the Conference so I probably could get rid of both of those and rely on the ass man to do their jobs.

Of course i do everything myself and i also watch every match completely. What would be the point in playing a simulation otherwise? And what is the point in viewing only highlights? No one in the world would have the idea to watch only highlights of the games from your favorite club. I feel a bit sorry for the people who are doing so because you lose completely the dramatic feeling of watching a whole match with all the intensity. You really miss something.:-(

Of course i do everything myself and i also watch every match completely. What would be the point in playing a simulation otherwise? And what is the point in viewing only highlights? No one in the world would have the idea to watch only highlights of the games from your favorite club. I feel a bit sorry for the people who are doing so because you lose completely the dramatic feeling of watching a whole match with all the intensity. You really miss something.:-(

Because I can usually only play for 1 hour, 2 if I'm lucky during a week night and 2 or 3 hours a day on the weekend. So at most 16 hours a week.

If I played more then key highlights it would take months to play a full season instead of weeks.

Something has to give, hence me playing FMC. Its either this or not play FM at all.

• 3d
  • extensive/full for tactic building and tweaking or important games.... key after pre season 90% of games
  • do everything myself or review what ass man does
  • .. cuppa to my right, choccy hobnobs to my left... or.. beer on my right.. junk food to my left.
  • game sound= low with spotify playing in background.. headphones when the mrs or kid is here.

Archived