Do you care if your players pick up awards?

Hi,

I wonder if this is important for you if your players get "player of the year" or "golden boot", and how do you change your decisions based on that?

I have many promising youngsters but I keep playing key players so they have more games played and more time to score more goals. For example, I almost never sub RVP in EPL, and I kept playing him even in dead rubbers after we won the title already, just to make sure he is the top striker in the league. I had to rest him for CL games though :).

I would sub him only if he has high rating, over 7.3, and never sub him if he is having a bad day - to give him a chance to improve his rating.

Same with many other players.

I played one season differently, where I rested everyone maximally and put development of young players at the forefront. I won the league but all the awards went to players in other teams, since my top players barely played 28 games each; even though one guy from my team had the highest "average rating" in the league, he didn't get any awards.

I always want my players to win awards but unless I manage Barca or Real they never get the top ones. I can get players to get young player of the year or all the awards for my league but not the world ones. Not even the golden boot since I tend to get goals from all around the team rather than 1 player. I wish I could change that!

Do I care? Completely. I'm not the only one getting smothered in praise then

Do I base team around it? Not really... guess I might be guilty of keeping a striker on longer if they are on 2 goals scored in a match

Do I track previous winners? Yes. If the AI is getting something out of the player, surely I can ;)

generally yes

I quite like having my sole striker as the top one in europe, so I'll play him if fit (it helps that my whole team is built around him scoring 60+ per season though, we're 1-0 merchants without him)

seems like more of a neccessity though, he scores and we win by a few, so he's probably top scorer by default

I also like having my players get a medal when we've won the league - so I'll bring them on in pointless games when we've been confirmed (in order to get to that 10 games thing)

also "clean sheets" matter to me, so I'll go pretty defensive if we're 2-0 up with 5 mins to go (in order to get that clean sheet) rather than keep attacking

i like when they win awards, it means they are doing the business but I try not to worry too much if they don't. Player ratings can be deceptive, sometimes a defender who played poorly and made mistakes but scored a jammy goal can rate 8 etc, it's a good indicator of player form but you need to read between the lines a bit.

I like to see them win awards.

I'd play them more often if they are the best player in the world. Seriously, would you leave Messi or Ronaldo on the bench because of a rotation policy? They'd play most games and be given a break when below a certain fitness rating, usually if below 85% I rest them.

I got ecstatic when one of my youth players got european golden boy (not sure if that's the name).

It depends if i'm attached to the player or not. I wouldn't care about a 33 year old at a club i just joined but i do care about my players when in a long term tenure.

Archived