My players cant score a penalty....

My players have now missed 7 penalty kicks (in free play) in a row, across two seasons. Over the last three seasons I'm 1/9. This current season I'm 0/4. Is this a bug, or is there something Im missing with my penalty takers? Have I given them some sort of horrible instruction to miss? Its something thats only become apparent in the last few seasons of my save.

The three players who have taken penalties each have penalty stats over 15, finishing over 15 and composure of over 16.

I dont seem to have the same issues in penalty shootouts though.

Has anyone else had such a barren run?

Here's a screenshot of my current season stats :(

fm3.jpg

I believe pressure plays a part but if you're ok in shootouts IDK.

Is there a hidden attribute that affects penalty taking ability? Most of the missed penalties are in no pressure situations, normal league games, I dont think any have decided a result for me - yet.

There is a hidden 'Pressure' stat that may govern your players to an extent, however I'm not sure if it's even applicable in this situation, and if there were massive issues with a player's 'Pressure' you would probably expect to see it in a scout/coach report on the player. I would guess that you are just extremely unlucky, maybe you should try putting a player with middling stats who has yet to take a penalty down as your first choice taker.

For comparison, I've only seen 3 missed penalties in non-shootout situations (2 for me, 1 for the AI) across over 60 total seasons of all standards of football, and quite often the players that have been taking my penalties have had worse stats than your takers...

When I get them I usually score them - my problem is much more with conceding them. In the first four games of my League One campaign, I conceded 4 penalties (one in each game). No idea why this happened because my tactics clearly had "get stuck in" unchecked so the absolute maximum was being done for this NOT to happen. I think the problem if you are not scoring them is probably just bad luck, although it does seem extremely unlucky.

The players finishing, composure and penalty taking star determine the result. I've also wondered if the trait 'likes big matches' affects the player in a penalty situation. You might find changing match prep to attacking set pieces helps?

rearange player list as follows - 1st is penalty stat, then composure, and technique last, also use over 24yo takers, if someone misses 3 in a row, I'd move him @ bottom of list for 6 months!

you don't tell if those missed are being saved or ball is blasted high and sky

Penalty conversion in the game is actually too high.

Your run of misses sounds completely exceptional, to the point that it bucks the general trend of the game.

In many respects, it might be handy if you can upload your save to the Bugs section to have it looked at.

Match Engine Bugs section is here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

FTP Details here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Archived