Absolute Joke

i bidded 2 million for a player, bid got rejected, yet they accept 3 other clubs bids of 2 Million, i also bidded 2.5 million afterwards and they still rejected it, the club wouldn't care what clubs bidding as long as the price is right which it is

he's an Argentinian player, regen, RB - i'm san marino in Serie A.. so not a rivalry, i also agreed a deal before but FM was being FM and didn't let me sign him as i already had 2 non-eu's but i was clearly signing him for next season, now that time's come around i've matched the bid for him and they're rejecting it as said above

Ryan. As a fellow San Marino manager I feel your pain. There are a few potential reasons that might be the cause.

1. The Manager hates you. (Everyone seems to hate me. Managers and agents alike).

2. The other offers are only for similar to you up front, but there are add-ons that sweeten the deal that have gone unreported.

3. You have better finances than the other clubs and the selling club knows this and is holding you to ransom.

I'm willing to put money on the fact that it has to do with the first offer/transfer that was cancelled by you/your club. That's why they don't want to do business with you unless you pay more.

i blame the lack of grammar on my frustration, i really want to sign this player, i haven't continued on FM since because he's the only good cheap young RB around

Why not use a good, older player until another good, cheap, young RB becomes available?

I'm willing to put money on the fact that it has to do with the first offer/transfer that was cancelled by you/your club. That's why they don't want to do business with you unless you pay more.

I might be tempted to have a theoretical pint on that with you. This has often happened to me and I's sure that wasn't the cause.

Come on Ryan. This has just got serious! :lol:

I might be tempted to have a theoretical pint on that with you. This has often happened to me and I's sure that wasn't the cause.

Come on Ryan. This has just got serious! :lol:

It's either that or it the clubs made offers of £2m + add-ons and his straight £2m and £2.5m offers weren't good enough.

I always play it safe and enquire. They'll come back with the amount/offer (I assume!) that everyone else tabled. Not sure about add-ons, but the initial figure is always the same.

i will try enquiring when i next go on it. Either way, shouldn't it show the add ons and stuff so i know to match it/better their offer or when i suggested terms of 2M wouldn't they negotiate if that was the case

If your offer doesn't match and they have 3 offers that do match their valuation, they don't have to negotiate, imo. Are you able to go load an earlier save and check whether making an enquiry works and how much they want?

This has happened to me so many times. Gone through with the transfer until confirmation, cancelled, regretted it and ended up having to pay a little extra.

If your offer doesn't match and they have 3 offers that do match their valuation, they don't have to negotiate, imo.

You see I think they should at least come back with an non negotiable offer of what they have already accepted from other clubs. Especially as hes in a different league

I had this before with a Turkish wonderkid CB who I tried to sign when he was 16 but i pulled out when he wanted 35k pw. Tried to sign him again after they accepted offers on him and was told to pay (I think) 2 million more tahn they had already accepted. Alex Crawford said that it was probably down to add ons that dont appear in the transfer value but could considerably bump up the price. However it seems that it could have been down to already pulling out of a deal for him (even though it was 2 years previous)

Archived