What do you do when you're bored of a save?

Take a break from FM. Game's addictive enough as it is. You shouldn't force yourself to play it when you're bored of it.

I usually try to be productive in the real world for as long as I can, knowing that before long I'll get the itch, come up with a save idea and get hooked on FM again.

It's essential to have more than one thing in life it's an outlet to chill out and relax if it becomes more than that then I'm losing a part of what's life.As I use a Lap-top to play I will generally have the TV on at the same time and/or a Newspaper too hand.

I will sometimes get bored after 4 hours,so will leave go for a Walk or a Pint although there are a number of activities that will come first before I play FM or any game.

I do not understand anyone who would continue something they dislike when it's their choice too Play,that is above all a game which requires a device that allows access to countless other opportunity's to entertain themselves.Go and do something else.Who will then continue to buy and play something on a subject they have no interest or understanding of, do not enjoy FM usually because they do not understand it they then troll a forum of the game they ''hate''even going through the bother and time of setting up a few accounts to falsify support of their claims.What a life ''Sad Git's''

I am doing the the Sammarinese challenge and as a result it's a very long-term save. On occasion it does get a bit repetitious but I don't really want to start another save away from San Marino.

What I decided to do was create another manager and run a different career alongside my San Marino one. The idea is that it would offer new and different challenges and keep me going when at other times the game might be a bit of a slog. The only deal is that My San Marino team can't benefit in any way from what the 2nd manager does. The two must be completely separate.

I started off as manager of Inter Zaprsic in Croatia, (where I have never managed before). I just had to avoid relegation and as soon as I did that I resigned.

Then I applied for and was given the job at Partizan in Serbia who had fallen on hard times. I returned them to past glories and I absolutely loved this part of my save. It allowed me to experiment with more attacking tactics and play in which I had never been able while managing San Marino.

I left in a fit of rage mid-way through the 3rd season after we lost a league game simply because I wanted to go the whole season undefeated. We had lost so I just rage-quit immediately.

I was offered the job of relegation threatened Championship side Middlesbrough and jumped at the chance to save them. I did more than that and finished just outside the Playoffs and took them to extra time in the Semi of the FA Cup. The following season, the team that I built dominated the League and when I left were looking nailed on for promotion. The side that I buit are now an established Premiership side after securing promotion in my absence.

I was then offered the job at Schalke in Germany and I jumped at the chance to manage in a new nation. Unfortunately this was a disaster and I hated it. I don't really know why I hated it. I just did.

I ended up holidaying to the end of the season, (I really did hate it), at which point Celtic in Scotland offered me the job. I jumped at the chance to escape Germany, (despite it being a step down). Celtic had finished the previous season 3rd and it it looked like it might be a bit of a challenge. In real life I have some family times with Celtic, (one uncle was Chief Scout there for years and another used to play for them), so it was a no-brainer really. We went the 1st season undefeated in the league and with 1 game still to play in the 2nd season we are again unbeaten. (It's been far from boring though).

I had decided to leave at the end of this season and after turning down absolutely loads of jobs, eventually agreed to become manager of Rennes. They had a goal of developing home produced players and this was my right up my street so I agreed to join them. I didn't want to leave Celtic while I still had a 2nd title to win and while I still had a Cup Final to play, (and was still in Europe), so I asked them to delay until the end of the season. They agreed, but then strangely came back a month before the end of the season and demanded that i move immediately for some reason. I declined to move and lose out on the 2nd title and Cup Final.

Marseille of France have just offered me the job and while I have fobbed them off until the end of the season, I am going to say no and go unemployed for a bit and see what happens. OM are not the perfect club for me, (too high a reputation and certainly too rich), and I think they might be another Schalke. I'm so annoyed about Rennes. They were perfect!

Sometimes I holiday games with this manager but most often now I seem to have got into the pattern of watching via commentary only and just watching goals only highlights. Wherever I go next (Holland, France or especially Belgium is where I want to go), I will be playing some sort of back 3/sweeper style. I have never done this in FM and I can't wait.

While this has obviously slowed my San Marino progress down a little bit, it has also kept it interesting at times when it might have been just a bit boring at San Marino. I really tend to not spend too much time as this manager and if I lose I lose. It really doesn't bother me.

It's helped keep the save fresh and interesting and as long as I don't Assist San Marino with the 2nd manager I'm happy with that.

When I'm bored of my standard save game, I like to use the database editor (not the ingame one) to create a new database with myself, family and friends in it. Basically I make us all 17 with the same date of birth, current ability of 150, potential of 200 but try and make our personalities match what I think we have in real life. I usually put us into our favourite teams too. I do change the nationality of all of the others and make their names more fitting to that country; otherwise the England team ends up winning - far too unrealistic ;)

I then run either a holiday game so see what happens to us, or manage a club none of us are at and see if or how many of us I can buy / manage.

A couple of times I have had the ingame 'me' request a transfer because I refuse to pay myself a stupid wage and we fall out.

I do a DoF game when i take a break away from my main save, i literally leave the Ass man in charge of everything (training/tactics etc etc) and then holiday for one day on match day, usually results in the sack mind you, so make sure you have a good assistant.

When I'm bored of a particular save I might start a new, more challenging one or create a World League. When I'm bored of FM in general I stop playing and do something more productive with my life.

I have previously set personal challenges etc etc.. But currently I've just been determined to continue. I'm now with my third club, am in 2020 and have really enjoyed it so far.

I do have two saves currently, with the other one being with Crewe (the team I support). I generally avoid playing as Crewe because in real life I'm more than content with them being in League 1.. So I'm taking it steady.

I was having this, so I decided to make a challenge. I started in the Serbian league and have it so that 90 percent of my roster has to include players from countries that make up the old Yugoslavia. It makes scouting and development, two areas that I don't do as much, more important and makes me improve there. It's also interesting because if I can develop these players correctly, it will also greatly improve those countries international performance, so I also track how each one does. My goal is to win a Champions League and get one of those countries good enough to win a World Cup.

How many in-game years have you played? Maybe you want to...

...Include a certain end-point date (e.g. retire when you reach 70 years old in-game)

...Take on a different team, different challenge

Else, maybe you could do something in real life that you have been putting off in favour of FM?

Archived