AI Experiment & Sign-up - 'Ez gara Espainiar, Eusko ari gara!'

100px-Basque_Football_Association_logo.png

AI Experiment & Sign-up - 'Ez gara Espainiar, Eusko ari gara!' ('We aren't Spanish, we're Basque!')

I've tried a similar experiment to this a couple of times before, with interesting results. This time however, there will be a sign-up aspect to it, with the hope of added participation and intrigue on the forum's part.

What Have I Done?

The nation of Pays Basque has been made playable, with a reputation of 7000, and a starting FIFA points tally of 0. It will be up to the AI to control the side, and take them forward as one of the European footballing superpowers. With uncapped Basque superstars such as Ander Herrera, Asier Illarramendi and Antoine Griezmann, immediate success of the nation is down to the quality of coaching.

Youngsters coming up from the big Basque clubs, notably Osasuna, Alaves, Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao will surely begin to challenge for first team spots soon enough. These and the smaller Basque sides playing in Spain's top three tiers will be followed, as Basque football fans pray for success. In addition to the Spanish-Basque clubs, Franco-Basque side Aviron Bayonnais, notable for producing arguably the best footballer the North of Basque Country has ever seen, Didier Deschamps, will also be followed, along with fellow Franco-Basque Side Genêts Anglet. They will, along with all of the Spanish-Basque clubs in the game, take part in a new competition, the Copa del Euskal Herria, the Basque Cup. Will Osasuna, Athletic and La Real dominate, or will smaller clubs fight their way into contention?

The Sign-up

The Basque FA, in addition to announcing the affiliation of the national team with FIFA and UEFA, have laid out plans for a new Basque football league. Rather than inviting sides who already play in Spain and France, it is their intention to open the league up to brand new teams. The Basque FA invite rich individuals or consortia to register their interest in joining the new Liga del Euskal Herria, by filling out and returning the form below:

THE FORM

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)):

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France):

Chairman Name and Nationality:

Home Kit:

Away Kit:

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate):

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch):

Chairmen have been granted £100m each to spend on the following areas:

Youth facilities (£1m per level):

Youth coaching (£1m per level):

Youth recruitment (£1m per level):

Training facilities (£1m per level):

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000):

Transfer Funds:

Bank Balance (whatever is left over):

All clubs will have the opportunity to compete alongside the existing Basque clubs in the Copa del Euskal Herria, as well as exclusively with one another in the Copa Gaizka Mendieta. Strong levels of interaction and participation from the chairmen is encouraged. The Basque FA have not imposed a limit on the number of teams to fill their league, but will base it on the received level of interest.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Up First For Pays Basque?

A friendly match against Spain, to be played at the Basque's San Mames, Bilbao, which will serve as the national team stadium. This will be a chance for several Basque footballers to show their big brother why they should have been called up for La Furia Roja. I'll keep you updated with this, and everything else Basque that happens in the footballing world. This will include focussing on the club sides as they perform in Spain, France and Pays Basque, including all cups, the top players and staff, and of course, the nations themselves, as they strive to make names for themselves, and potentially even win an international title of their own. Spain have beaten them both to the world title, but can they be eclipsed by their smaller neighbour?

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Athletic Irun FC

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Irun (Province of Gipuzkoa)

Chairman Name and Nationality:Juan de Urbieta Basque

Home Kit: Yellow and Green stripes Ocean Blue Shorts & Yellow scoks

Away Kit: Green and Yellow Stripes and Ocean Blue Shorts & Green Socks

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Bidasoa Arena

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): Massimiliano Allegri

Youth facilities (£1m per level):20

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 20

Youth recruitment (£1m per level):20

Training facilities (£1m per level):5

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 10 000 extra seats =10 Mil

Transfer Funds:10 Mil

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 15 Mil

Name of Club: Bayonne Rovers FC

City: Bayonne http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayonne

Chairman Name and Nationality:Mathias Ermenegilde Kepa (Basque)

Home Kit: Aqua blue kit with white sleeves, white shorts and orange socks

Away Kit: Arsenal-like home kit

Stadium Name: La Jaula

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): Andre Villas-Boas

Youth facilities (£1m per level):15

Youth recruitment (£1m per level):20

Training facilities (£1m per level):10

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 10 000 extra seats =10 Mil

Transfer Funds:10 Mil

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 15 Mil

Haven't got involved in one of these for a while, so here goes...

THE FORM

Name of Club: FC Aizkorri-Aratz

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Beasain

Chairman Name and Nationality: Max Harvey (Scottish)

Home Kit: All black. Every bit of it. White trim if you have to have a secondary colour

Away Kit: All red, black trim.

Stadium Name: Aizkorri-Aratz Arena

Preferred Manager: TBC (I have no idea what managers are unemployed at the start of the save)

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 10

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 10

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 10

Training facilities (£1m per level): 20

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 20,000 extra (20 million)

Transfer Funds: 10

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 20

Preferred Manager: TBC (I have no idea what managers are unemployed at the start of the save)

That's not a problem! I'll auto-assign managers for people who don't know who to pick. I expect I'll choose the highest CA Basque manager (in a first-come, first-served way) or something similar.

Name of Club: Santurtzi Nabigatzaileek (Navigators)

City: Santurtzi

Chairman Name and Nationality: Jakes Gaizka (Basque)

Home Kit: Sky Blue, white shorts

Away Kit: Purple

Stadium Name: Estadio Galleon

Preferred Manager : Diego Maradona

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 8

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 5

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 18

Training facilities (£1m per level): 12

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 20M (so 20,000 extra seats)

Transfer Funds: 27

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 10

I like the sound of this, should be quite interesting to follow!

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Real Club Deportivo de Errenteria (RCD Errenteria)

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Errenteria

Chairman Name and Nationality: Jordi Fernández Esteban (Basque)

Home Kit: Royal blue with gold sash (diagonal), royal blue shorts, gold/blue socks

Away Kit: White with red trim, red shorts, white socks

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Estadio de Fanderia

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): Guus Hiddink

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 13

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 12

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 13

Training facilities (£1m per level): 17

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 15m (30k capacity)

Transfer Funds: 20m

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 10m

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Real Santurtzi (a local rivalry will surely develop here...)

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Santurtzi

Chairman Name and Nationality: Aitor Ezkibel

Home Kit: Yellow and black striped top, black shorts, yellow socks

Away Kit: An all purple kit

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Eguzki Stadia

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): Frank Rijkaard

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 15

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 20

Training facilities (£1m per level): 15

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 30,000 (£15m worth)

Transfer Funds: £12,000,000

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): £15 million (including 12 transfer budget.

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Red Bull Bilbo (Bilbo, because that's basque name of Bilbao)

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Bilbao

Chairman Name and Nationality: Joseba Etxeberria Basque

Home Kit: White shirt, Red shorts, White socks

Away Kit: Dark Blue, Yellow, Dark Blue

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Gorria Zezena Estadioaren

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): None

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 15000

Transfer Funds: £15,000,000

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): £5

hopefully this time it will take off :)

Yes I hope so! I know of all the issues and things this time around, and I've finished uni for good so have a lot more time on my hands. Plus making it a sign-up rather than purely an experiment will no doubt add intrigue and longevity and keep everyone (including myself) interested for quite a long way into the game!

Name of Club: Club de Biarritz

City: Biarritz, France

Chairman Name and Nationality: Juan Brixante (Basque)

Home Kit: Dark green, with yellow sleeves and collar

Away Kit: Orange/blue halves (like Blackburn)

Stadium Name: Stade de St-Martin

Preferred Manager: Alan Curbishley

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 15

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 15

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 10 extra (25,000)

Transfer Funds: 20 million

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 5

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Vitoria Unido Club de Fútbol (Vitoria Unido C.F.) - translates to Vitoria United football club

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Vitoria-Gasteiz (province of Alava)

Chairman Name and Nationality: Malcolm Glazer (no relation :D) - USA

Home Kit: Red with white sleeves, white shorts, red socks

Away Kit: Plain black with white socks

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Would it be possible to share the stadium with Deportivo Alaves (Estadio Mendizorrotza with a cap. of ~19500). If not, name the stadium El Teatro de los Sueños, el Alavés (The theatre of dreams, Alaves :D)

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): None

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 16

Training facilities (£1m per level): 17

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 20000 (if stadium sharing is possible, let it stay at the in-game capacity)

Transfer Funds: 12M pounds

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 20M (obviously)

Looking forward to this!

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Would it be possible to share the stadium with Deportivo Alaves (Estadio Mendizorrotza with a cap. of ~19500).

Yeah I don't see why that should be a problem, thinking about it. I'll take out the money as I would for a new stadium (so £4.5M for a 19500-seater) and I'll put that extra £500k into your bank balance.

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Saint-Jean-De-Luz club de football du Labourd

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Saint-Jean-De-Luz of Labourd

Chairman Name and Nationality: Antoine Esquibel, French

Home Kit: Blue shirt, White shorts, Blue socks

Away Kit: Dark Red, Orange, Dark Red

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Stade Bixente Lizarazu

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): Roberto Mancini

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 20

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 25000

Transfer Funds: £2,500,000

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): £7,500,000

Just out of curiosity, who will manage the Basque national team?

Didier Deschamps will lead the team, with ex-Spain midfielder Jon Andoni Goikoetxea his assistant.

(So they're unavailable to manage club sides! There's about six or seven other Basque-national staff members currently with the national team, but if someone chose one of them as their manager that would be fine.)

THE FORM

Name of Club: Getxo Kirol eta Kultur Elkartea (Spanish: Sociedad Deportiva y Cultural Getxo) - Getxo KKE

City : Getxo

Chairman Name and Nationality: Aleksander Radakovic (SRB)

Home Kit: Green & Black wide stripes

Away Kit: Red with black sides

Stadium Name: Estadio Manuel Suárez de Begoña

Preferred Manager:

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 20,000

Transfer Funds: 15m

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 20m

Looking forward to this.

Name of Club: SD Hendaia

City: Hendaye

Chairman Name and Nationality: Todor Muniain (Basque)

Home Kit: Black with 1 pink diagonal line and pink socks

Away Kit: Pink with 1 black diagonal line and black socks

Stadium Name: Heriotza Barrutik

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): /

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 20000 = 5M

Transfer Funds: 15M

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 15M

Can we start this up with just the 12 teams we have now, or do we need more? I can see it causing a problem for the Basque League cup but that's about it.
he could possible make some teams but it all depends on how he wants to the signing of players etc

Can we start this up with just the 12 teams we have now, or do we need more? I can see it causing a problem for the Basque League cup but that's about it.
he could possible make some teams but it all depends on how he wants to the signing of players etc

There's no problem with the cup; I could do byes or group stages or something. I'm going on holiday on Thursday for a week so seems counterproductive to start before then seeing as it would basically stop again straight away, so I'm giving another 12/13 days or so before I'm back for people to sign up. And then we'll just work with what we've got!

And the more teams I think the better, as it's a bit more competitive, and there'll be more Basque players produced.

Name of Club: Sporting Club de Mañaria

City: Mañaria (near Durango)

Chairman Name and Nationality: Jackeline Ballesteros (A woman!), Colombian

Home Kit: Red & yellow vertically striped shirt, yellow shorts, red socks

Away Kit: Same as the home kit, but white instead of red.

Stadium Name: El Caldero Rojo

Preferred Manager: Marcelo Bielsa

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 20

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 25,000

Transfer Funds: £5m

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): £10m

• 2 weeks later...

Name of Club: Atletico Tolosa

City: Tolosa, Spain

Chairman Name and Nationality: Koldobika Alonso, Basque

Home Kit: Kit Style: Double Chevrons, Foreground Green 1, Background White, Outline Red 1, Number Color Green 1, Green 1 shorts and socks

Away Kit: Kit Style: Horizontal Section Split, Foreground Cyan, Background Brown 1, Outline White, Number Color Black, Outline Color White, White shorts and socks

Stadium Name: Estadio Tolosa

Preferred Manager: Michael Laudrup

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 17

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 14

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 16

Training facilities (£1m per level): 13

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 18,000 (So 3M right?)

Transfer Funds: 14m

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 23M

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Gasteizko Txirrindulariak (Vitoria-Gasteiz Riders)

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Vitoria-Gasteiz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitoria-Gasteiz

Chairman Name and Nationality: John Hopkins (USA)

Home Kit: Dark blue with red shorts and socks

Away Kit: Red with dark blue shorts and socks :D

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Bizikleta Estadio

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): I don't know who's unemployed

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 19

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 19

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 19

Training facilities (£1m per level): 19

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 20 000 (5M spent)

Transfer Funds: 11M

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 8M

(If there's a problem, I'll fix it later. I'm in a hurry now.)

Name of Club (Must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate (Google translate will help)): Gasteizko Txirrindulariak (Vitoria-Gasteiz Riders)

City (Must be a city/town in the provinces of Euskadi (Basque Country), Spain, Navarre (Nafarroa), Spain or Iparralde (Northern Basque Country), France): Vitoria-Gasteiz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitoria-Gasteiz

Chairman Name and Nationality: John Hopkins (USA)

Home Kit: Dark blue with red shorts and socks

Away Kit: Red with dark blue shorts and socks :D

Stadium Name (Again, must be Basque, Spanish or French as appropriate): Bizikleta Estadio

Preferred Manager (must be unemployed as of the latest patch): I don't know who's unemployed

Youth facilities (£1m per level): 19

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 19

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 19

Training facilities (£1m per level): 19

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 20 000 (5M spent)

Transfer Funds: 11M

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 8M

(If there's a problem, I'll fix it later. I'm in a hurry now.)

Hey, I just noticed this. Would it be possible to create a rivalry with my club (Vitoria Unido), if swooperproop agrees?

Add the rivalry! (I'm gonna beat your team :D !)

Some questions I want to ask and I don't want to double post:

1. Is there going to be a promotion/relegation system? (If there is, I'm going down in year 1 :D )

2. Are there going to be Champions League/Europa League places? (If there are, I'm never going to qualify :( )

Add the rivalry! (I'm gonna beat your team :D !)

Some questions I want to ask and I don't want to double post:

1. Is there going to be a promotion/relegation system? (If there is, I'm going down in year 1 :D )

2. Are there going to be Champions League/Europa League places? (If there are, I'm never going to qualify :( )

Yep more than happy to put the rivalry in!

1 - I was thinking of adding a promotion/relegation system, but I don't think there's gonna be a large enough number of clubs to do so. So probably not!

2 - Yes there will be! It'll begin at a minimum of 1 each (perhaps 2 for Europa League, I'm not certain) and hopefully will rise!

Should start tomorrow evening hopefully! I've got a couple more teams to add to the database and I'll quickly holiday a season to make sure it works. And no, I don't think I'll have a team in it myself, I want to stay impartial!

Cool. I thought you wouldn't be creating a team, I just randomly asked :)

* Just noticed you reached 1,400 posts because of my question :o *

I can't sleep so I'll ask you nwo: Do you have Genie Scout to see which team produced the best regens when there are youth inatkes?

I can't sleep so I'll ask you nwo: Do you have Genie Scout to see which team produced the best regens when there are youth inatkes?

Yep, I do, so there'll be stuff about youth intakes and other interesting stuff. I've also got FMRTE so we can have interactions from you guys (hiring new managers, changing budgets, improving facilities etc).

Hey, Dave, is it a normal league system with the winner being crowned as champion or does it move into a championship playoff with the top 4 teams battling it out for glory?

It's not decided yet, but I guess there'll be a straight league system before it splits in half and each team will play each other twice so they'll end up playing either 40/42 games. Or maybe it'll go into a cup-style system after that, I'm not sure.

Improving facilities you say... I don't know how will HamoudiLFC improve his facilities, but it's all on your laptop. (Maybe only stadium size)

Yep, exactly, not too much to do with them! Although facilities do naturally decrease in stature as you progress through the game, so there will be times that it will be possible to upgrade them.

Yep, exactly, not too much to do with them! Although facilities do naturally decrease in stature as you progress through the game, so there will be times that it will be possible to upgrade them.

Yes, I forgot about that. I rarely do long-term saves so it's easy to forget. I also have one last question(that I remember) and it's this: What did you do about morale and reputation? Is it like 18/7000 or weaker?

(I usually set to 18/7000 when me and my friends create our own clubs on FM 2009)

** I say Shadaza wins the award for the hardest club name to pronounce **

Yes, I forgot about that. I rarely do long-term saves so it's easy to forget. I also have one last question(that I remember) and it's this: What did you do about morale and reputation? Is it like 18/7000 or weaker?

(I usually set to 18/7000 when me and my friends create our own clubs on FM 2009)

Morale is 20 (why wouldn't they be happy?!) And reputation will be starting at 5750; upper end Liga adelante level.

Just so everyone's aware, I will be creating a team to go into the league, so that we have a nice round 16-strong league. They won't be 'my team' though and will be AI-owned until some point as another CSE user decides to join us with the sign-up. They'll have no choice in terms of names, facilities, colours etc though. I'll post the details of the team shortly.

Also; I'm busy today with graduation and all that so won't be able to get going until that's all finished, either late this evening or tomorrow morning. All clubs are created (apart from the 16th one) and the league and cup seem to work fine. I need to tweak the all-Basque cup (which includes the Spanish and French clubs) but other than that everything's nearly done and ready to roll.

Name of Club: Real Iruña C.F.

City: Pamplona, Spain

Chairman Name and Nationality: Oier Bengochea, Basque

Home Kit: Kit Style: All red with grey side stripes

Away Kit: Kit Style: Grey with red side stripes and socks, red shorts

Stadium Name: Estadio Unai Aritza

Preferred Manager: -

Youth coaching (£1m per level): 10

Youth recruitment (£1m per level): 10

Training facilities (£1m per level): 10

Stadium Size (starts at 15000, £5m for each additional 5000): 30,000 (15M)

Transfer Funds: 15m

Bank Balance (whatever is left over): 30M

This club is available for takeover by any CSE user who wishes to.

Morale is 20 (why wouldn't they be happy?!) And reputation will be starting at 5750; upper end Liga adelante level.

Just so everyone's aware, I will be creating a team to go into the league, so that we have a nice round 16-strong league. They won't be 'my team' though and will be AI-owned until some point as another CSE user decides to join us with the sign-up. They'll have no choice in terms of names, facilities, colours etc though. I'll post the details of the team shortly.

Also; I'm busy today with GRADUATION and all that so won't be able to get going until that's all finished, either late this evening or tomorrow morning. All clubs are created (apart from the 16th one) and the league and cup seem to work fine. I need to tweak the all-Basque cup (which includes the Spanish and French clubs) but other than that everything's nearly done and ready to roll.

Congratulations, Dave! (I'm not even close to that...)

** What time is it in Portsmouth (where you are) because I don't want to get up 8am my time (morning) and wait like 4 hours **

Also; I'm busy today with graduation and all that so won't be able to get going until that's all finished, either late this evening or tomorrow morning. All clubs are created (apart from the 16th one) and the league and cup seem to work fine. I need to tweak the all-Basque cup (which includes the Spanish and French clubs) but other than that everything's nearly done and ready to roll.

Congratulations on graduation, Dave!

I wouldn't be surprised if Real Iruna were to beat us all to the league title :D

Archived