Head of Youth Development.

Having good scouting stats is important such as Judging Player Ability/Potential. Basically you want the general stats for any staff member to be as high as possible. Things like Mental, Determination, Motivating etc.

Take a look at some of these guys. They're all excellent HoYD's:

Michael Roach (Liverpool)

Dave Parnaby (Middlesbrough)

Bernhard Peters (Hoffenheim)

Rodolfo Borrell (Unemployed, previously of Liverpool)

Also worthwhile looking at the HoYD's personality as I believe this has an influence on the personality of the players which are spawned. So keep an eye out for those with personalities which indicate high levels of Professionalism and Ambition - the attributes which influence player development. This list gives you the personalities and what they signify: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/307808-The-Ultimate-Personality-Media-Handling-Guide

I second what Shrewnaldo says, make sure his personality is on the professional side as he definitely influences the personalities of the newgens. I usually look for one with more specialized attacking strengths just to fit in with my teams emphasis on attacking play. I believe he also classes as a coach for youth training so you could have one that fits where ever you have a weakness in training.

Does anyone know PRECISELY which staff members affect youth intake and youth personality development? Is it ONLY the HoYD that affects intake PERSONALITY? Does the AssMan or any other staff member affect it? Do any of them affect any personality changes for the youth players?

Does anyone know PRECISELY which staff members affect youth intake and youth personality development? Is it ONLY the HoYD that affects intake PERSONALITY? Does the AssMan or any other staff member affect it? Do any of them affect any personality changes for the youth players?

All coaches, that's why you should sign like minded coaches etc.

Does Judging Player Ability and Potential make any difference?

I appointed Phil Cannon, JPP = 17, JPA = 19 but balanced personality. Should I get someone else?

Youth Recruitment = Increases likelihood of recruiting high PA youth and increasing how far your youth recruitment network will reach (low recruitment means you will probably only get local players who aren't recruited by bigger clubs, high recruitment means you will get top talent from all over the world). Youth recruitment, however, is also affected by your club's reputation.

Youth Facilities = The quality of the training facilities used by the players currently in your youth team. Good youth facilities will help your youth players improve more.

Junior Coaching = The quality of the coaching of the lower levels of your youth system. Basically, this represents coaching of youth players before they're generated as 14/15 year-olds. In terms of game mechanics, high junior coaching will increase the average ability of your youth players when they're first generated.

The HoYD's personality is a vital part of newgens so the better the personality the more likely they might have the same personality. JJP/JPA doesn't influence this at all.

• 3 weeks later...
The HoYD's personality is a vital part of newgens so the better the personality the more likely they might have the same personality. JJP/JPA doesn't influence this at all.

So would you recommend looking for a HoYD with a model professional personality, above everything else? If their main role is to affect the newgen personalities, then this would surely be the most productive route?

Their only other use to my knowledge is training the youth team (Coaching stats) and reporting on how good the newgens that come into your club are (Scouting stats).

Model Pro isn't a great personality type if you want to focus on player development as the personality is made up of professionalism and temperament. Ideally you'd want Professionalism and Ambition in a personality so you give the players the best chance of reaching their potential as its pro/ambit that help this. You can find a better explanation of the personality types in here post 13;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380395-Ajax-When-Real-Life-Meets-Football-Manager-FM14

Model Pro isn't a great personality type if you want to focus on player development as the personality is made up of professionalism and temperament. Ideally you'd want Professionalism and Ambition in a personality so you give the players the best chance of reaching their potential as its pro/ambit that help this. You can find a better explanation of the personality types in here post 13;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380395-Ajax-When-Real-Life-Meets-Football-Manager-FM14

I get the whole point of what you are saying. I have a question though. Obviously personality is important/vital to players reaching their potential. However, when you get a youngster at 14-16 surely their potential is the most important thing, as you can use tutoring to improve their personality. You would choose to have high Professionalism, and Ambition. If you have a HOYD with a great personality, are they still going to bring in players with a poor personality, cos if not are you not missing out on lots of potentially world class players ?

Maybe I am looking in to this to deep, I still try to get good staff with good personalities, was just a thought.

I get the whole point of what you are saying. I have a question though. Obviously personality is important/vital to players reaching their potential. However, when you get a youngster at 14-16 surely their potential is the most important thing, as you can use tutoring to improve their personality. You would choose to have high Professionalism, and Ambition. If you have a HOYD with a great personality, are they still going to bring in players with a poor personality, cos if not are you not missing out on lots of potentially world class players ?

Maybe I am looking in to this to deep, I still try to get good staff with good personalities, was just a thought.

The PA/CA isn't set by the HoYD so that doesn't matter really. The players he bring in can still have poor personalities though but there is higher chance they share his personality and the other staffs. So it can save you time in the long run having to tutor them several times. You can still have good players with poor personalities but its highly unlikely they'll ever reach their potential if Amb/Pro is low.

Youth Recruitment = Increases likelihood of recruiting high PA youth and increasing how far your youth recruitment network will reach (low recruitment means you will probably only get local players who aren't recruited by bigger clubs, high recruitment means you will get top talent from all over the world). Youth recruitment, however, is also affected by your club's reputation.

Youth Facilities = The quality of the training facilities used by the players currently in your youth team. Good youth facilities will help your youth players improve more.

Junior Coaching = The quality of the coaching of the lower levels of your youth system. Basically, this represents coaching of youth players before they're generated as 14/15 year-olds. In terms of game mechanics, high junior coaching will increase the average ability of your youth players when they're first generated.

For youth recruitment are you talking about youth coaches?

If my DOF has the correct personality (Model Professional) for bringing youth intake, then can I set him to it and therefore have no need for a HOYD? as my HOYD deosn't have a great personality to do it (Fairly Ambitious).

Ah my apologies, I meant Model Citizen. Basically someone with the best hidden stats possible?

What I am getting at is, if they are the key role in affecting the newgen personalities, is the most important attribute for a HoYD actually his personality?

• 1 month later...
If my DOF has the correct personality (Model Professional) for bringing youth intake, then can I set him to it and therefore have no need for a HOYD? as my HOYD deosn't have a great personality to do it (Fairly Ambitious).

Any clarification on this???

Archived