Merchandising - Shirt Sales Summary

What is the prerequisite for this message to appear in my inbox?

For those that don't know you can get a message in your inbox from your merchandising manager who states the total shirt sales for the year, domestically and non-domestically. Then he gives the top 5 best sellers (Player names). I think it occurs when the season finishes and switch over to the next, eg. When the season summary message comes out.

I'm guessing its only cosmetic but I did a Google search and found it seems only people using top EPL clubs have seen it. Also, those who take smaller clubs to the top will see it after a while aswell.

What I would like to know is why does it seem only top clubs get the message?

Does the club need to have Continental or Worldwide rep for it to occur?

For instance I'm at Rangers in Jan 2019, and I've yet to see it, despite all my success. Rep is still 'National' but we increased to 3 star rep, so I guess we need 4 stars?

Anyone playing at a SPL club, or similar league level, seen this item?

Im with Cambridge in League One and for the last six seasons or so (i'm in 2025) I have had a note at the bottom of my monthly financial report telling me the club have sold x amount of shirts. I can't think that I've had a Top 5 sellers but to be honest I'm surprised I've sold 5 shirts!

What is the prerequisite for this message to appear in my inbox?

For those that don't know you can get a message in your inbox from your merchandising manager who states the total shirt sales for the year, domestically and non-domestically. Then he gives the top 5 best sellers (Player names). I think it occurs when the season finishes and switch over to the next, eg. When the season summary message comes out.

I'm guessing its only cosmetic but I did a Google search and found it seems only people using top EPL clubs have seen it. Also, those who take smaller clubs to the top will see it after a while aswell.

What I would like to know is why does it seem only top clubs get the message?

Does the club need to have Continental or Worldwide rep for it to occur?

For instance I'm at Rangers in Jan 2019, and I've yet to see it, despite all my success. Rep is still 'National' but we increased to 3 star rep, so I guess we need 4 stars?

Anyone playing at a SPL club, or similar league level, seen this item?

I've got saves with Borussia Monchengladbach, Ajax and Juventus, all three had this item. Each season again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. The 2019/20 season finished and I got this message. My club rep is still National, but the SPL overtook the Championship in rankings.

Not sure if it is club rep related, league rep related or both, or even club worth (Now over €200m)? Either way, I reached the point for the message to appear.

Rangers_NewsInbox-299_zpsd748dc3a.png

Totally agree, especially with our average attendance being around the 60k mark. Sure, not all buy jerseys but some buy two, three or four. Plus the thousands of people who don't or can't attend games. Then add the UCL performances, I'd expect far higher numbers. Either way we are doing fine in terms of money but good spot, I kind of just glazed over it.

• 4 months later...

Any chance of a answer from a dev or moderator on this topic. What is it that triggers the announcement of the top 5 sellers.

And just to throw it out there

I wish we could see which names were selling whenever we wanted, rather than having to wait until the end of the year.

Totally support this, either as an update or to be included in the next fm

I've got Stirling Albion in the SPL and after signing feeder clubs in the US and Japan, and winning the Champions, we're only selling 18K/year.

3AD5F2E0175DAA55A124F4C400E371703CAEA80F We started getting the merchandise updates once we signed the first feeder club for commercial purposes.

I'm playing as Barcelona and have never seen the Top 5 players, so it seems unlikely it is strictly based on reputation.

I've always assumed it was reputation based as with my Cambridge save i started getting the Top 5 rating as soon as i played in European Competition for the first time.

Not all fans buy a shirt with a name on. Is that accounted for in the total sales?

As it doesn't mention the sales totals for shirts with names, but just gives a complete figure, one would assume a) yes b) it doesn't matter.

Archived