4-5-1 attacking short pass (for final patch)

Been testing and tweaking this tactics and I have huge success with it at any level.

It's a 4-5-1 , with inside forwards. Goals are spread all over the team, with the AF and IF's scoring most ofcourse. Have gone 66 games unbeaten with London FC (renamed Royal Arsenal) , won BS south, and BSP, lots of 5-0 to 8-0 wins and such.

I use no shouts, no OI and usually have my ass man do the team talks. except when he advise nothing to say really. Then I override him with praise if we won or flack if we didn't win.

I have put in overrides on most things on most players so shouts won't have much effect anyway.

Also used it with Arsenal and gone unbeaten for half a season, before I started a LLM game.

Tactics:

2vmakk6.jpg

Player skills:

Skills are fairly obvious, use the ingame adviced skills for the roles, BUT playing offside trap means defenders need anticipation, positioning and a bit of acceleration, all of them.

The keeper is a sweeper keeper so he needs rushing out.

I will only list the most needed skills for each position. Its all common sense, considering the tactics.

The wide Inside forwards is best with left footed at right side and right footed on left side.

GK: all the normal ones, but rushing out is important.

full backs: pos, anticipation, tackling. Off the ball, acceleration and crossing a plus

DC's: pos, anti, jumping, heading and tackling. Accelerate a plus

DMC: Just get a ball winning terrier with desent passing.

MLC (BBM) : needs stamina, off the ball and workrate

MRC (AP): Creativity, passing..

IF's: Dribbling, off the ball, finishing, (ignore crossing)

AF: pretty much the same as the IF's

Tecnique and first touch a plus for all offensive players.

I'd like to get some feedback on how you do with this tactics.

Download:

http://speedy.sh/UCRDV/4-5-1-Att-short.tac

http://depositfiles.com/files/rfqyiwcq7

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/424679/4-5-1-Att-short-tac.html

I mostly use attacking movement unless we are underdogs deluxe. Then I use defensive positioning.

Training I train them for their tactical roles. Like the ones I'll use in IF positions train for IF and so on.

In preseason I always do first week fitness (hard), then team cohersion for 2 weeks, and tactics for 2-3 after that.

in season I do mostly balanced. When I have a break of 7+ days I set training to hard and what I feel I need the most, usually ball control.

Beat Man Utd 1-2 at Old trafford in FA cup 5th round with London FC, 2nd season, I'm in Blue square premier in second season.

I mostly use attacking movement unless we are underdogs deluxe. Then I use defensive positioning.

Training I train them for their tactical roles. Like the ones I'll use in IF positions train for IF and so on.

Beat Man Utd 1-2 at Old trafford in FA cup 5th round with London FC, 2nd season, I'm in Blue square premier in second season.

Excellent! Will post back in about 10 games or so

Hey Butters,

I've been watching instructions, and I must say I'm really impressed, even if I didn't play a single game so far. It looks very very well balanced, very well thought out.

The only thing that is bothering me is the man marking on your defence and one of the mc. Why did you chose that and no full zonal ?

Hey Butters,

I've been watching instructions, and I must say I'm really impressed, even if I didn't play a single game so far. It looks very very well balanced, very well thought out.

The only thing that is bothering me is the man marking on your defence and one of the mc. Why did you chose that and no full zonal ?

The reason for that is I find Zonal marking works very poorly in the your final 3rd in FM 13. IRL I would have gone full zonal for a system like that. It just doesn't work as it should in FM13.

long shot but where you the person that tweaked mr houghs 2010 433 into a near diablo, i think i remember you posting about it, not important just wondering, i'll give ur tactic a blast aswell, thanks.

long shot but where you the person that tweaked mr houghs 2010 433 into a near diablo, i think i remember you posting about it, not important just wondering, i'll give ur tactic a blast aswell, thanks.

Yes, if you're thinking of the 4-1-2-3.

This tactic is very very good. been playing a season with it, and the striker and left inside forward is bombing away. granted I'm in november 2019 and have a very good team.

Butters you really should swing by fm-base it's where it's all hapening these days.

Excellent tactic. I'm sure you'd get good feedback over there...

It's working fine for my Leeds team in 3rd season at home but I almost draw against every team away.

Do you play it as it is? Or do you change from attacking to lets say control or standard? I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Was hoping for a bit more feedback on this. But thank you to the few who commented on it.

I think, with it being the summer now and many people aren't playing FM as much as earlier on in the season, the posts made in general will decline.

Also, for tactics, a lot of people already have their own set up or have given up after trying and failing with a lot of others, HA!

Your formation is the same as one I already use so will give your tactic a go and will post my results.

I like the reasoning behind it all though, very well thought out.

First game, early days I know, but a lovely 6-1 win. We were heavy favourites at home but still.

Went 1-0 down to a penalty after 5min but came storming back. 20 shots to their 3 and 63% possession.

What I especially like is how the CMs get forward and create chances. A goal each for both my CMs and 2 assists from one of them.

Other goals came from my CB from a corner, 2 from my LW and 1 from my striker.

Assists from my RB, 2 from the LCM (and 1 from his replacement), my RW and my CF

2nd game, home to Ajax in the CL. 4-0 win, 28 shots to their 1, 67% possession.

Goals from CB, LCM, LW and CF.

Assists: RB, RW, LW and a solo run.

Big test will be tough away games

edit: 1st away game not so impressive. We went over 1hr with just 1 shot. Had to change to my other tactic and we won 1-0. Only 1 game though so will stick with it and see how it goes.

Really like this tactic. So far playing in League 2 have won 7 drew 1 lost 0, goals for 18 agst 7. Knocked out Championship side Wolves away 2-0 in the 1st rd of the league cup and beat L1 Stevenage in the JPT away on pens. My 2 wingers have been on fire, scoring and creating and my striker has 7 goals in 10 starts. All looking good so far, seem to be controlling most games.

I like how this plays and am going to persevere with it despite not having particularly great results thus far. Admittedly I am playing with Rayo who are not very impressive.

My issue with the tactic is one that I have had with every single one I've tried to make on this version; making your striker less than worthless. My best player is Leo who plays as a striker yet in eight games he has a grand total of zero goals...not only that but he almost has next to no involvement in any other parts of the game either. I've tried using two other players there and still no luck!

Thanks for the feedback folks. Mostly good, but a few it didn't work for. Trying to figure out why it doesn't work for them.

You make sure you have defenders with very good positioning and anticipation right? some acceleration needed too.

No mather if your defenders rule in everything else they will get in trouble if they lack positioning ,anticipation and some acceleration. One of them can mess it up for the other 3 as the defence push up to set the opponments offiside denying their midfielders to make the pass to the strikers/forwards. (3D engine doesn't display it very well, but thats whats going on in the math behind match highlights generated in the matchengine).

having 2nd season blues with this one, cant buy a win for nothing seem to throw alot of leads away and end up losing or drawing specially away.

Have you managed morale. made sure your players are happy? Since you did great in 1st season something must have happened to your players mentality. poor morale, poor physical form...

Does anybody else concede alot of goals from down the lefthand side?

For the past 2 and half seasons I have had this problem, nearly all the goals we concede come from the lefthand side.

I've even tried buying a world class left back and left centre back, but we are still getting totally outdone (especially the left back) I literally feel like the AI is going to score everytime they attack down our lefthand side. I wonder if it's because of the AML's mentality?

Excellent tactic! I was doing alright before with my own tactics, but didn't like the style of football my Dortmund side played. This tactic produces very nice football and is also quite solid on the defence.

I made 1 variation of it for standard mentality with adapted settings (e.g no offside trap, lower tempo, higher time wasting, bit longer passing, etc) which works quite well and currently trying to get a counter mentality setup to work, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Very good tactic! Took over Tuks in South Africa.

First season: Comfortable promotion.

Second season: 5th.

Third season: 2nd + SA Cup winners

Fourth season: 1st + SA Cup winners + semi-final of African Champions League

(All achieved with youth players and free signings. With better finances I would certainly dominant Africa for years to come)

Fifth season: Took over Portsmouth (January) who are bottom of the Blue Square Premier. So far played 9 won 7 lost 2

Playing this tactic with Hertha now in the third season.

1st season promoted as cahmpions

2nd season cam ein 5th (Euro League)

3rd season so far 6th, beat Milan, Valencia, Besiktas and Panathinakos away.

Nice football to watch and also very solid in the defence.

Thanks for sharing butters.

looking for a tactic to use; wanting to use an almost plug n play but with all micro-managing obvously... This looks really good; anyone have any league table screenshots that they've used?

Hows everyone finding this tactic??

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this tactic with Malmö FF, Sweden. Wonderfull football to watch but was abit to uneven. I tried it with default squad then brought in better defenders (anticipation, acc, positioning) and the result were the same. Had to abandon it in fear of being sacked.

Does anybody else concede alot of goals from down the lefthand side?

For the past 2 and half seasons I have had this problem, nearly all the goals we concede come from the lefthand side.

I've even tried buying a world class left back and left centre back, but we are still getting totally outdone (especially the left back) I literally feel like the AI is going to score everytime they attack down our lefthand side. I wonder if it's because of the AML's mentality?

Hi, I've been extremly busy lately, traveling alot, been a fantastic summer.

Anyway, that doesn't really make sense if you don't have the problem on the right side as left and right side have identical instructions. I'm at a loss on this one.

Tried this tactic with Malmö FF, Sweden. Wonderfull football to watch but was abit to uneven. I tried it with default squad then brought in better defenders (anticipation, acc, positioning) and the result were the same. Had to abandon it in fear of being sacked.

Well you need overall good defenders (for the level you play at), I just pointed out that they have to have positioning, anti and some acc. They still need tackling, jumping heading and marking for the level you play at. But for lower levels where you have to prioritise you should go for those 3 first.

I'm in 2017, had 2.5 seasons with AC Milan (got the job after 2.5 years with Dinamo in Croatia). I've used this tactis for last season + half this season. I've had some success with it, but I'm not all pleased. I've got a really strong side after Milan was bought by an international tycoon and he invested about €350mil. I was able to sign Gareth Bale and Lionel Messi, as well as players like Dedé, De Rossi and Christian Eriksen.

My team atm: David de Gea - Mattia De Sceglio, Dedé, Kurt Zouma, Ignazio Abate - Daniele De Rossi, Marco Verratti, Christian Eriksen - Gareth Bale, Mario Balotelli, Lionel Messi

As you can see, I've got a strong team and I've had some success. I won the league last season, but I got knocked out by Chelsea in the Q-final in CL (5-2) - and also struggeled to beat the stronger sides in Italy. Always losing/drawing against Juventus e.g. This season I'm now five points behind Juventus and I'm still struggling against strong teams. I usually beat the weaker teams, but....

Archived