FM 2013: AC Milan thread: where big egos and small budgets collide

Ac Milan,tu sei tutta la mia vita!!!!!!!!!!

ac-milan-football-club.gif

Club Background:

Associazione Calcio Milan commonly referred to as A.C. Milan or simply Milan, is a professional Italian football club based in Milan, Lombardy, that plays in Serie A. Milan was founded in 1899 by English lace-maker Herbert Kilpin and businessman Alfred Edwards among others. The club has spent its entire history, with the exception of the 1980–81 and 1982–83 seasons, in the top flight of Italian football, known as Serie A since 1929–30.

They are the most successful club in world football in terms of international trophies along with Boca Juniors, with 18 officially recognized UEFA and FIFA titles. Milan has won four world titles, more than any other club in the world, having won the Intercontinental Cup three times and the FIFA Club World Cup once. Milan also won the European Cup/Champions League on seven occasions, second only to Real Madrid. They also won the UEFA Super Cup a record five times and the Cup Winners' Cup twice. Milan won every major competition in which it has competed, with the exception of the Europa League (in this competition they have lost two semifinals in 1972 and in 2002). Domestically, with 18 league titles Milan is the joint-second most successful club in Serie A behind Juventus (28 titles), along with local rivals Inter. They have also won the Coppa Italia five times, as well as a record six Supercoppa Italiana triumphs.

Milan's home games are played at San Siro, also known as the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. The stadium, which is shared with Inter, is the largest in Italian football, with a total capacity of 80,018. Inter are considered their biggest rivals, and matches between the two teams are called Derby della Madonnina, which is one of the most followed derbies in football.[8] As of 2010, Milan is the third most supported team in Italy, and the seventh most supported team in Europe, ahead of any other Italian team.

The owner of the club is former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, and the vice-president is Adriano Galliani. The club is one of the wealthiest and most valuable in Italian and world football. It was a founding member of the now-defunct G-14 group of Europe's leading football clubs as well as its replacement, the European Club Association.

san_siro-23.jpg

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club General information:

mha5ah.jpg

Board initial expectations:

2mo9vlk.jpg

Squad analysis bellow.

Goalkeepers:

Christian Abbiati, Marco Amelia,Ferdinando Coppola,Gabriel.

Recommendations:

1.Christian Abbiati (one of the best gk in the game, you are set with him for the first 2 seasons as your number one)

2.Gabriel (not good enough to be a back up, but keep him just in case something happens to Abbiati and invest in a second GK once you have the money)

Sell Marco Amelia&Ferdinando Coppola.

Fullbacks:

Ignazio Abate,Luca Antonini, Mattia De Sciglio,Didac, Djamel Mesbah.

Recommendations:

Mattia De Sciglio develops into one of the best RB in the game, so with some good coaching you are set in this position for the next 10 years.

Luca Antonini is a good Serie A left back, so no need to invest in this position either, at least not in the first season.

Ignazio Abate like Antonini si a solid full back.Alternate between him and Sciglio in the first season , then slowly make him your number two RB.

Sell Mesbah and Didac as they are totally useless.

Central Defenders:

With Phillipe Mexes, Christian Zapata, Mario Yepes , Daniele Bonnera & Francesco Acerbi , you find your self in a position where you need to buy a quality CB.

Recommendations:

Develop Acerbi as he turns out into a world class CB with the proper training.Keep Zapata as a main back up and sell the rest.

Top transfer target: Raul Albiol who you can loan with a option to buy for just 8.25 millions.

Midfielders

At the start of the game Milan has good enough CM and DM to help you achieve winning a title or two.(league cup&Serie A, CL is way out of reach)

It seriously lacks in the AM and Wingers positions, so investing will be needed there if you want to play with set specific players.As for the squad:

Riccardo Montolivo,Antonio Nocerino should be your main CM with Kevin Constant as there main back up.There one of the best in Serie A and no investment would be needed here at least not in the first season.

Top transfer target: Marco Veratti.You can get him in the winter break for a sum between 10 -13 millions and he turns out into one of the best if not the best CM in the game.

Nigel de Jong is a top DM, with Massimo Ambrosini as his back up in the first season you are set here also.

In the wingers area you are really lacking.Stephan El Shaarawy is the only one with potential and Urby Emanuelson can be a decent player also, but not one you can rely to win you titles.

Top transfer target: Wellington Nem.He turns out into a brilliant winger or AM, and you can buy him for under 5 millions as he has a release clause in his contract.

The only attacking midfielder you have is Kevin-Prince Boateng, and i recomand selling him cause Manchester City will pay you around 20 millions for him.For that kind of money you can get Isco or Goetze who are both much better.

I would recomand selling all of your midfielders bar Montolivo, Nocerino, Ambrosini& De Jong.

Strikers:

Heres is area where you could say you are blessed.

1.Pazzini is a great poacher and will score for fun with the right tactics.

2.Bojan turns out into a top support striker, and he has release clause of only 15 millions.

3.Niang is one of the best prospects in the game and can turn out to be one of the bet CF or Poachers in it.

4.Pato should be sold as you can get some 20 million for him.He has a natural fitness of 1, so selling him is a must.

5.Robihno is not really good to be a striker or a winger.Put him on the market and Arsenal will pay his full price(around 18 millions).

Top Transfer Target:

Stevan Jovetic, can be bough for around 22 millions and turns out into a beast of a player.

Objectives

Your main objective is financial stability, you have a good wage budget but its mostly spend on fodder players.Sell all the junk and invest just a 1/3 of the sum recieved in the first transfer window.You will start to have a positive bank balance each month, and this will result in the club increasing your transfer budget each couple of months.So what im saying is, by the end of the second season you should be as rich as anyone.

Second objective is to win something, anything really between the league, cup or Uefa cup if you get a group of death in the Champions League.Winning the league will require a bit of luck, as Juventus have a really strong team in the first season, its going to be down the wire.

The cup is achievable if you want it, i dont really give two peas about it.

The champions is way out of reach, so if you get out of you group youve done well enough.

Uefa cup is winnable if you 3rd place in your group.

If you fail to achieve anything from the above, you should focus on developing players like : El Sharawy,Niang,De Siglio & Bojan.They are your crown jewels and will be the back bone of your team for years to come.

Third objective is to invest smart in transfers so see the post bellow for more details on it.

Transfers:

Like i mentioned earlier your objective in the first season is to invest as little as possible in transfers, and milk this team to death.Playing a 3 strikers + 3 midfielders + 4 at the back formation will help you achieve this.

Buy in the summer market Stefan Jovetic for 22 millions tops.With agent + his personal fee the total sum of the transfer should be around 28 millions tops.

In the winter market buy Marco Verrati.You can get him for around 10-13 millions, with additional fees it should be around 18 millions tops.

Loan Albiol from Real Madrid and your defense is set.Be sure to include a buy out clause of 8.25 millions.

Screen shot of the first transfer window:

710bon.jpg

Tactics:

2ccuofo.jpg

This is the tactic you want if you want to achieve anything in the first season with as little investment as possible.Link to the tactic here

Your mains strikers are going to be Bojan,Pazzini,Jovetic with El Sharawy and Niang as there back ups.

Midfield is going to be a triplet composed of Montolivo,Nocerino & De Jong.Constant and Ambrosini as there back ups with Veratti coming in the winter market to slowly take over Nocerino`s place in the first 11.

Defense is going to be composed of Antonini,Albiol,Acerbi and Abate.As De Siglio develops trough the season, he should be your number one RB and Abate your number two.

Goal keepers: Abbiati, enough said.

@ thanks guys, im probably gonna try a Roma save also for the god that is Totti:D

Can you post your transfer history? Where did you finish in your first season?

I finished 2nd in the first season.

I will update with more screens shots in a few hours when i get home.But like i said beating Juventus in the first season requires a bit of luck as they have a better squad and there tactics seem to work out great.They are trashing teams left and right in my save.

Also i finished first:D

Juventus - I think is toughest to beat on this game. Though in my Roma save I am yet get defeated but to master that I have played n number of friendlies with them and got beaten almost n-1 times. Experience from the friendlies helped me overcome them in League games (man-marking a couple of players, closing gaps and the right formation).

Really?They never seem to offer more then there current value.Anyway does anyone know a better site to host pics then tiny pic?

Check to see the uploading options for image sizes. I know the site i use, gives you a number of image size options (ImageShack)

ive just started with milan, sold boatang to city for 25 mill, urby emanualson to fulham for 10 million, bonera to fiorentina for 1.9 mill and a dew other little ones, bought demba ba for 7 mil, dark lazovic for 4.5 mil cabaye from newcastle for 20 mil and raul albiol on loan.. and a few youngsters

Nice thread, haven't played any FM yet but will soon. What is Christian Maldini and Marco Fossati like in the game?

When I start a save I was thinking about trying to sign Poli from Samp and Perin from Genoa.

Thanks for the transfer tips above. I think El Shaarway will get a big stat boost in next patch. Plus hopefully Kaka maybe supermario will be arriving shortly.

Nice thread, haven't played any FM yet but will soon. What is Christian Maldini and Marco Fossati like in the game?

When I start a save I was thinking about trying to sign Poli from Samp and Perin from Genoa.

Thanks for the transfer tips above. I think El Shaarway will get a big stat boost in next patch. Plus hopefully Kaka maybe supermario will be arriving shortly.

El shaarway is top notch as it is

I started as Milan a few days ago. Sold Robinho (£20m) & Pato (£10m), I replaced them with Iker Muniain for £39m who I beleive will become my talisman and lead my forward line for years to come.

Wellington Nem also joined for £3.5m.

I'm playing the classic Milan narrow diamond mifield, Abate at right back who is set to an attacking RB and is getting great ratings every game.

I'm a Milan fan and I always manage Milan in every FM version but this year I started with PSG to test the 13.2.2. Too many bugs so I'm gonna wait for the next patch to start my beloved Milan save. Looks like we have serious financial problem this year but I agree with OP that our job in the 1st season is to tear this team down before rebuilding it up.

Great post BTW!

I started as Milan a few days ago. Sold Robinho (£20m) & Pato (£10m), I replaced them with Iker Muniain for £39m who I beleive will become my talisman and lead my forward line for years to come.

Wellington Nem also joined for £3.5m.

I'm playing the classic Milan narrow diamond mifield, Abate at right back who is set to an attacking RB and is getting great ratings every game.

How does Wellington Nem fit into your narrow formation, I thought he was a wide player?

Time for update guys:D

So i just finished my second and third season.Still did not manage to win the CL and im starting to hate that competition.I won 3 Serie A`s in a row,one Europa League(failed miserably in this year CL,got K.O in the group stages)and all the Italian cups&Super cups since my last update(end of season 1).I gonna play the European Super cup soon against PSG who btw won last year`s CL.

Screen shot time:

Serie A:

24no7sw.jpg

2ypes80.jpg

Current team:

2cgydkw.jpg

I signed Kaka for free last season around march i think since he was released by City.His only on some 20k wages, and i mostly got him for sentimental value at first.But his put in some great perfomances ,and is proving to be a great 3 star backup.I retrained him sucessfuly for the CM position, and now i use him to tutor Italo(youth product) whos looking like the next best thing.

Transfers:

2ml1jm.jpg

I did not sign anybody in my third season as im trying to rely only on youth.

Player screen shots:

Jovetic is AWESOME, scored 41 in 42 last season.

35hqoaq.jpg

New youth players:

33aa2bd.jpg

1zpmgj4.jpg

If you want for a specific player just ask:)

Some random fun facts in my game:

Atalanta have become a top 3 team in my save relying only on some awesome youth products.

Inter have finished 9th this season :lol:

PSG won the CL but did not manage to resign Ibra and not his a free agent.He still has great stats 3 season in, but his asking some 190k/week wages and im not gonna pay that much for a 33 year old player.

Madrid is tearing **** up in La Liga having won 3 consecutive titles in a row, but Barca won 2 CL.

Short january 2016 update:

My team got taken over by Barresi.There was no cash influx at the club but in the club information page it says rich now, so i guess thats something.

Pazzini got injured for like 4 months ,and i got David Villa whos now 34 but still with great stats for like 300k for half a year with a option to extend.He just scored a hat trick in his first game:D

Whats Maldini jnr like in your game??

Crap sadly, his playing in Serie B for a team thats in 7th place.Sausulo something.

I'll be doing a Milan save after the transfer update. Super Mario, thank you very much :D

Should be a great game especially with SeS probably getting a much needed stat boost.

Anyway im still in the 4th season with 6 Serie A matches to go.I just won the league with 20 points ahead of Juventus:

2hxq9mt.jpg

That`s 4th in a row baby!

Will play Juventus in the cup final so im on track for that also, and im going to play the return leg for the quaters in CL vs United in a few minutes.First game away was 0-0, hopefully with the fans il finally reach the Semis and be on course to win this cursed competition.

Sad thing is, that in a few years that may be the case, Serie A falling behind Ligue 1 also.

I'll buy the game once the patch for the transfer updates come through. Will continually check your page daily to see when.

I'm surprised you haven't bought one of the Italian wonder kids as a GK. There is 3 of them I noticed.

Sad thing is, that in a few years that may be the case, Serie A falling behind Ligue 1 also.

I'll buy the game once the patch for the transfer updates come through. Will continually check your page daily to see when.

I'm surprised you haven't bought one of the Italian wonder kids as a GK. There is 3 of them I noticed.

Yeah that happened last season when PSG won the cl but right now when i won it, Serie A is back on number 3 with more coeficients points then both Germany&France.So its not really a rule that Serie A will fall behind.

As for the GK they were **** in my save, so i decided to go for the german.Im trying to buy a awesome Italian regen as his back up.Will update with screen shots later as i finally won the CL:d

Think im going to stay 2-3 seasons tops more at Milan then quit.I wanna leave them with a new stadium possibly and a team that can last them at least 3 years when i leave.

Yea, see whenever I leave Milan, everyone just picks off all their players and they never win anything.

That's why I always remain true and loyal to Milan. If I ever did leave it would only be to my home town team……. Which is Vicenza.

But for some unknown reason, I'm keen to us Bologna. And go to editor and put Robby Baggio as one of my coaches.

Nonetheess, I'm sure my first save will be with AC. Can't wait.

New patch, Pazzini, Bojan, Balotelli, El Shaarawy and Niang. Amazing. If Super Mario and SES are boosted, won't require Jovetic after all perhaps.

He misses Italy, Milan are like a family. You're forgetting that everyone thought the same about Cassano. But he was instrumental in our title win in 10/11.

Prandelli seems to be the only one at the moment who knows how to get the best out of him.

And I'm sure you haven't seen any of the interviews on Sky in Italy. As you're not from there.

But what he says is, Balotelli is the best in the world, always praising him. This i'm sure Allegri will do.

When I play, i'm always wanting to have a team full of newgens. So i'd probably end up selling the players you've suggested, if I bought them.

But, very rarely i've had throughout my time of playing FM and CM02/03/04……. I've been unlucky in Italian newgens.

SevendeadlySins…. Any chance of showing us Manolo Gabbiadini, Simone Calvano, Gianluca Caprari, Lorenzo Insigne, Zakaria Bakkali, George Green(from Everton),

Maximilian Meyer(from Schalke), Kenny Tete, Nicola Leali. Grazie bello.

FORZA MILAN SEMPRE !!!!!

I will upload player screen shots on the morrow, for now i wanna show you guys something that im proud off and never managed to achieve in the past:

Back to back Champions Leagues 4th&5th season

Last season:

35jgxhg.jpg

Current season, and a repeat of the 2003 CL!!!!!

2hp24g5.jpg

The Real Madrid semi final was mental.Trashed them 4-1 at San Siro and almost managed to loose it at there place, goal banzana.The final was easier as i totally dominated Juventus, only to get scored on by that midget Giovinco which i truly hate, causes he always scores against me.

Still i won ,i trashed them and thats all that matters:D

Now for the cherry on top of the cake:

Whole season undefeated and broke the record of points.(5th in a row!!!! )

v62kis.jpg

And the best 12 millions ive ever spent on this game:

bfrf5u.jpg

Also he broke the all time record for CL goal scorer.

121sojk.jpg

In other news with my back to back CL ive put Italy back in 3rd place in nation coefficients.So thats 4 CL spots for Italy again, YAY.I wanted to leave after this season, but my hart just wont let me.Il stay and try to win another CL to make it 10, then maybe i will leave.

Good job mate.

Just started a new save with Milan and end up 3rd at the league.

Not bad i think, considering i didn't buy anyone except wellington nem in the first season.

Can't wait for the next update though and see Super Mario in action..:D

Archived