[FM13] English pyramid down to level 9 + extras

v1.06 (beta).

This is a project I started last year in FM12 with a level 10 English pyramid database. This year I've merged most of that data into the new FM13 db and have activated levels 7 & 8, and added level 9 as playable too. I won't be going lower than level 9 with this mainly due to the amount of processing time it takes to run that many leagues.

This database has:

• English league pyramid active and playable down to level 9.
  • FA Vase.
  • Northern League Challenge Cup.
  • Isthmian League Cup.
  • Southern League Cup.
  • 28 Lower League Cups (v1.07 only).
  • Correct competition names for the majority of all top world-wide nations.
  • All 803 English clubs in the database have stadiums now.
  • All English cities and stadiums have co-ordinates entered.
  • Fine tuned regional boundaries for leagues at level 7, 8, and 9.
  • Added more variety to lower league pitch conditions and stadium status' - more poorer low-level clubs now play on poor quality pitches in decrepit stadiums.
  • Full team names for over 2,500 clubs world-wide (legacy data from FM11 & FM12 db projects).

Things to note:

With this level 9 version I have not added an extended custom FA Cup. Its on the to do list. Instead I have kept the default SI-made FA Cup in the game because it works perfectly well and already includes some of the early qualifying rounds.

Also the team migration bug from FM10, FM11 & FM12 is still evident after holidaying a few seasons to check. So occasionally you may see some level 9 clubs switch to another level 9 league at the end of a season. Until SI resolve it we'll just have to put up with it. So please consider this database as a beta version for now. I'll update it each month with more low level club data and possibly an extended FA Cup if I get a good enough script working for it. This will always be an on-going project.

nl1u.jpg

Version 1.07 contains the following competitions:

cupsw.jpg

Version 1.06 has no County Cups.

Download from here:

http://footballvideogames.weebly.com/database-downloads-for-fm13.html

File goes here:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\editor data

Database History:

http://footballvideogames.weebly.com/fm-custom-database-history.html

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got to roughly where you've got to, in my attempt at activating lower leagues and cups but i've tried to rebuild FA Cup and keep getting premier league teams in extra preliminary round so looks like it may not be possible to get it working

as it doesn't matter if i choose seeded by division rep or random you get premier laegue teams in extra preliminary round so am giving up on that bit and going to play with where i've got to without rebuilt cup for now unless you have any ideas on how to solve it

It was a problem last year with other custom databases. I could never figure it out myself. This year I just saved myself the headache and have stuck with the default SI FA Cup for now.

I think FCUtdWill made a good FA Cup script last year that he got working with the Golden Eagles L14 database. It may be worth contacting him to see if he'll make one for FM13 :)

I think FCUtdWill made a good FA Cup script last year that he got working with the Golden Eagles L14 database. It may be worth contacting him to see if he'll make one for FM13 :)
I never once got prem teams in the extra preliminary round when I made it last year. I'll be making one for this year, am just testing the leagues down to Level 9 first before going to Level 10 and then the full FA Cup.

If anyone has info on the lower league clubs they want me to add to the next released version, please post it in this thread. Stuff like more updated kit styles for your local non-league team if you know them, who their main rivals are down there, manager details, and league/cup histories if known, or anything else you think should be included. As this will be a constantly evolving database I plan to update it at least once a month if possible.

ok so may get infraction for this but its getting annoying when i go into different threads comparing how england extended db are going to see the same person asking the same question about county cups if he wants them in so much why not do his own db

The problem with adding county cups is they become irrelevant once you start moving up the pyramid. Once you get your level 9 team into the regional premier leagues or even the BSN/S, those cups remain active despite you never competing in them again. Having 15-20 county cups active adds a lot to the processing times, even long after you've left those leagues behind.

I know some people will probably play their entire careers in those lower leagues and would want those cups in there, so that's why I haven't completely ruled out the idea of adding them. But for now I don't see it as a priority to work on.

I think the FA Vase, and Northern, Isthmian, and Southern League cups are more than enough for now.

The problem with adding county cups is they become irrelevant once you start moving up the pyramid. Once you get your level 9 team into the regional premier leagues or even the BSN/S, those cups remain active despite you never competing in them again. Having 15-20 county cups active adds a lot to the processing times, even long after you've left those leagues behind.

I know some people will probably play their entire careers in those lower leagues and would want those cups in there, so that's why I haven't completely ruled out the idea of adding them. But for now I don't see it as a priority to work on.

I think the FA Vase, and Northern, Isthmian, and Southern League cups are more than enough for now.

in my opinion it would be a good idea to tack it on after release as an option so it is then up to the player to decide whether tehy want them on or not.

Will you be going down to level 10?

Unfortunately no. I find level 9 is pushing the limits of my laptop already so it'd be almost impossible for me to build and test properly a decently working level 10. Also whilst the team migration bug still exists in FM I personally think its a bit pointless having level 10 since after a few seasons teams down there will be shifted all over the place and any resemblance to regionalised leagues is lost - it all becomes a horrible mess.

I hope they do - this is great work, but the damn team I follow just got demoted to Level 10!!!

Pah!!!

Which team is it? They may still be in the database and it'd be a case of simply swapping them with a team in a level 9 league if you want to manage them in FM13 :)

Unfortunately no. I find level 9 is pushing the limits of my laptop already so it'd be almost impossible for me to build and test properly a decently working level 10. Also whilst the team migration bug still exists in FM I personally think its a bit pointless having level 10 since after a few seasons teams down there will be shifted all over the place and any resemblance to regionalised leagues is lost - it all becomes a horrible mess.

would you be willing to add the leagues as non playable or at least pool the teams into a non playable league so you still get relegation from level 9?

Non playable leagues for relegation from level 9 is something that I may be adding in v1.07. :) Not sure how it'll work in regards to getting the correct promoted regional teams to go into the correct level 9 leagues though as I've never tried it before.

the easiest way would be to pool them all into one division but then you wouldn't have any control over who came up and where they went. alternatively you could create the same number of sub divisions as the previous level and put the teams into the one that corresponds with the division they would promote to and set the relegation and promotion of the sub divisions before making the main division inactive.

Erimus1876 - the big warning of "not having any other editor data used when using this DB".........what if we did have other editor data ticked? I have other countries I will play in and like to utilize other editor data to enhance those leagues......so will this data base not work at all? What would be the repercussions of having other editor data folders i use? Thanks...

Not sure what you've done with promotion/relegation, but at step 4, there's 1 up and 3 down in your fine. In reality, its 2 up - 2 down.

6 are relegated from the BSN and BSS (three from each). They are replaced by the 3 Regional Premier League champions and the 3 Regional Premier League play-off winners.

The next level down there's 6 up and 6 down between the Regional Premier Leagues and Regional 1st Divisions. At this level I've done it this way because of the way FM handles regional relegations. Its been bugged since FM11 unfortunately so you often see teams moved into the wrong leagues. But after hours of testing I found that setting the promotions to just 1 team in each level 8 & 9 league limited the effect of relegated teams from above dropping into the wrong leagues. At step 4 (level 8) there are 6 leagues that have to be fed by 14 level nine leagues. Having 28 relegations and promotions between those levels would see a fair chance of some teams dropping into the wrong leagues. So I kept it to 14 relegations and promotions to keep the chance of that happening to a minimum.

Also in real life the designated leagues where some teams go is decided by the NLS Committee. So not all teams that win promotion are granted it (Spennymoor Town have won their league for the last three seasons but still remain in the NL1). FM needs specific instructions, so its nigh on impossible to get the game to follow the real life promotion & relegation rules down in those levels.

Erimus1876 - the big warning of "not having any other editor data used when using this DB".........what if we did have other editor data ticked? I have other countries I will play in and like to utilize other editor data to enhance those leagues......so will this data base not work at all? What would be the repercussions of having other editor data folders i use? Thanks...

It may actually be OK in FM13, but in FM12 a lot of people who tried the Golden Eagles L14 database and other lower level dbs had problems with them if they had other databases ticked at game set up, whereas others had no problems at all. So all I can suggest is for you to try it and see if its OK on yours :) Common errors last year where the "not enough teams in league x" error and FA Cup problems (ie Prem clubs starting in the qualifying rounds).

the easiest way would be to pool them all into one division but then you wouldn't have any control over who came up and where they went. alternatively you could create the same number of sub divisions as the previous level and put the teams into the one that corresponds with the division they would promote to and set the relegation and promotion of the sub divisions before making the main division inactive.

That's what I'll probably go with since it keeps the regional integrity intact. Something I've tried to do throughout this build :)

Hi

I have tried to create a few extra players with your database. But when I tried to save it, it would not save.

What is the correct procedure please?

Much appreciated

If you read this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/324688-Player-Created-In-Editor-Won-t-Show-In-The-Game-Reviewed

You'll see there's a bug in the editor at the moment that won't let created new players appear in custom databases. SI are working on it as far as I know.

Thats because there are no county cups in this version. Playing in a league with no cup competitions is boring, so as a compromise to having no CC's to play in I included those lower level teams in the 3 regional league cups instead.

You'll also find that the final of the Vase is held at Villa park too, instead of Wembley.

To avoid this...

emptywembley.jpg

A crowd of 5K in a 90K stadium looks really bad in FM. So its a case of sacrificing a bit of realism here and there, as with the no County Cup compromise.

I've created "division 2's" for the level 9 leagues and added relegation from level 9 to them. Those division 2's are under a parent competition that I've made inactive. Unfortunately more teams get promoted from those inactive leagues than should (I set it to 2 up 2 down). I'm not sure if its a bug or if there's a step I've missed out so if you have any ideas let me know and I'll send you the file to look at. I won't release the next version until it works properly though.

I've created "division 2's" for the level 9 leagues and added relegation from level 9 to them. Those division 2's are under a parent competition that I've made inactive. Unfortunately more teams get promoted from those inactive leagues than should (I set it to 2 up 2 down). I'm not sure if its a bug or if there's a step I've missed out so if you have any ideas let me know and I'll send you the file to look at. I won't release the next version until it works properly though.

it does sound abit like a bug, a quick way to check would be to make them playable with no relegation from those leagues and sim a couple of seasons to check whether the fact the parent competition is inactive makes a difference, or to make the parent competition of the level 9 leagues inactive and sim a couple of seasons as that will either rule out that as the problem or tell you where there's a bug.

out of interest how many teams are being promoted/relegated from those leageus instead?

I have a problem which I'm sure can be easily solved.As I don't have the disc version, how do I get into the steam download and into the editor files so that I can tick the relevant database?

You don't need to go into the editor.

Just load FM and start a new career game. When this screen appears click "change editor data files"...

dbselect.jpg

Then when the list appears just tick the database you want to use...

editorfiles.jpg

and damn both the REAL FIXTURES for EPL dosn't Work along with this

anything that can be fixed?

I've never used the real fixtures database so I'm not sure what the issues would be. But from past experiences I know when setting up a new game ticking different databases made by different people can sometimes cause problems. That's why I always recommend just sticking to one database when setting up a new game.

The only thing I'd suggest is loading this database into your editor and merge it with the real fixtures database and see if that makes a difference.

edit:

There's an option in the editor called "use specified fixtures". If you tick that you can import fixtures from a file by the looks of it. Have you tried that?

v1.07 released...

I've added 28 extra lower league cup competitions and tested this database to 2017 with no problems :)

There are now 14 level 9 league cups - one for each level 9 league. These cups also contain some level 10 teams to make up the numbers.

There are also 14 Senior County Cups that I've made more league specific than county specific for the reasons below....

In real life there are 45 of these Senior County cups so to keep processing times down I've merged some together and whittled it down to 14 for this database. For example, the teams that would play in the various East Anglian county cups will now instead play in the Eastern Counties Senior Cup. Teams from the Hellenic Leagues will play in the Oxfordshire Senior Cup since thats the most central county for that league. And the Western League teams will play in the Somerset Premier Cup as thats the most central one for them, while the teams from the North West will play in the West Riding Cup.

Also in this version all level 9 teams have been removed from the Northern, Isthmian, and Southern League Cups. Those cups are just for level 7 & 8 teams now.

The FA Vase is just for level 9 teams as adding level 10 teams to it was causing the crashes I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I've also added promotion play offs to level 8.

cupsw.jpg

Download links & links to the database history are in the first post.

Archived