+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Ballon d'Or winner with pretty low potential ability in 1130!

Amateur

Angry A Ballon d'Or winner with pretty low potential ability in 1130!

I mean Shevchenko,is that really reasonable?

Amateur

How much more do you expect him to improve? He is in his 30's is he not?

Amateur

but compare to other dudes,like ronaldo and totti, he has been given a lower PA,too low.

Part-Timer

most english; and some portuguese are jelaous of italian football star, that's fact. (although sheva is ukrainian)

Semi Pro

i can't see how it matters as no matter what you do you won't be able to make him that good again because of his age. The same goes for Ronaldo and Totti, they just can't reach their PA.

Amateur

it is a little bit unacceptable that his PA dramatically drops from 185 to 150.... a higher PA for those old stars in my opinion is more like an honor rather than other
    Last edited by Hummels; 11-03-2011 at 08:42.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hummels View Post
    it is a little bit unacceptable that his PA dramatically drops from 185 to 150.... a higher PA for those old stars in my opinion is more like a honor rather than other
    yeah i suppose but perhaps its just a matter of difference in opinion between the dinamo kiev researcher and other reasearchers. He might not see the point in retaining the PA whereas other researchers leave it alone.

Semi Pro

WTF. (10 charac)

Amateur
    DCFC Fan, been playing the brand since CM93 on the Amiga.

I'd prefer to have some form of dynamic PA in FM games. Every year the game will have an example of a player with a low PA, who the year after will suddenly jump 30 PA points based on real-life improvement.

Obviously SI cannot predict who these players will be, or the PA would be higher in the earlier version, but they could allow a little bit of movement in PA.

I don't know for certain on this, but I imagine Chris Smalling would have risen significantly between versions, especially if he was in the game before he joined Fulham. Charlie Adams may well have improved significantly as well, not to mention the rest of Blackpools squad (I don't have FM11 to confirm either of these, so am purely speculating on these examples).

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Dut View Post
    most english; and some portuguese are jelaous of italian football star, that's fact. (although sheva is ukrainian)
    God youre an idiot. Hes been past for a long time now just because hes won an award in the past means he should be great in every version of the game.

Amateur

I'm jealous of any footballer making his living from the game I love. Although I don't see the point you are trying to make as being relevent to anything.

Part-Timer

He played in England. We are not jealous of someone who can't score a goal in our league.

He was useless then, and that was years ago.

Amateur

no,he scored a goal in his first chelsea game,which is way better than torres. lol.....

Youth Team

Does it really matter though?

Sheva is 34 already, and both in real life and in FM-world he's well past his prime, so what's the point in discussing a PA value he'll never be able to reach again?

Give him 190 or 150, it's meaningless, as his very CA is bound to decrease from day 1, so...

Amateur

As I said, it is more like an honor.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Hummels View Post
    As I said, it is more like an honor.
    I have to say I totally agree. Lowering a players PA to below his previous CA is silly.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Flint View Post
    I have to say I totally agree. Lowering a players PA to below his previous CA is silly.
    I also agree, it's only right that we should recognise the great players of the past, even if they're past it now.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by RBKalle View Post
    Does it really matter though?

Sheva is 34 already, and both in real life and in FM-world he's well past his prime, so what's the point in discussing a PA value he'll never be able to reach again?

Give him 190 or 150, it's meaningless, as his very CA is bound to decrease from day 1, so...
    One reason why its important is that the game keeps the data base fairly consistent over time with regards to the number of players and their PA. So when a player retires a new player with a similar PA is created. When Sheva retires a new player with a PA of about 150 will be created. All once great players still playing in their thirties in the original Db get replaced by newgens who will never go on to reach the same heights.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by whilewolf2 View Post
    One reason why its important is that the game keeps the data base fairly consistent over time with regards to the number of players and their PA. So when a player retires a new player with a similar PA is created. When Sheva retires a new player with a PA of about 150 will be created. All once great players still playing in their thirties in the original Db get replaced by newgens who will never go on to reach the same heights.

Are you sure it works like that?

I clearly remember the likes of Turkey, Switzerland, Greece and Czech Republic producing world class newgens, much much better than any of the original players from said countries...

Amateur

It isn't a one out one in system so you don't get Sheva replaced by a Ukrainian striker with 150PA. Instead the game tries to keep the ratio of PA ranges consistent over time so if there are a hundred old players in the initial who used to be world class but now play in the second devision with a low PA when they retire about a hundred players will be created who are second division standard.

+ Reply to Thread