The Football Manager Regen Faces Database

John Smith

bannervog.png

Season greetings!

Starting this thread in view of the interest in user-created regen-style faces which you can apply into the game. I am no expert, just one of the many people who are interested in creating regen faces to share with the other users.

In order to create regen faces of your own, you will need the FaceGen modeller, free version which can be downloaded here.

The free version however includes the SI (not Sports Interactive) logo on the forehead which you will have to get rid of using a photo-editing software like Photoshop. It also does not include any hair templates. You can use those already in your FM folders (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\facegen\hair) or those from O'Leary's Trainee's Hair Pack.

Player faces will have to be in .png format and at a resolution of 180x180 pixels. You may either create an account and albums of your own (e.g. imageshack, photobucket) and post the link here, or post here directly if you like. For the latter, please be advised of a restriction of FOUR images per post (including emoticons! :confused:)

If you do choose to post here, please post in a [image]-space-[image]-space-[image]-space-[image] format instead of a [image]-enter-[image]-enter-[image]-enter-[image] format. This will help to prevent lengthly posts.

What we hope to achieve is by having the many users contributing and consolidating to a general thread that we can gradually build up a database of images for the FM community to utilise.

Please refrain from redistributing any images (fansites, facepacks etc.) without the permission of the creater/user. All images are for personal use only.

Image albums (PM me or post in this thread to add yours)

John Smith

WH

Straightenout

Useful Links

* Previous threads 1 2 3 4

* Duccio's hints and tips to creating regen faces

Have fun!

Au revoir!

ecmanager.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some great faces here! I was just wondering whether anyone could help me. I've followed all the steps in the walkthrough to get my face in the game but it's not working. I have placed a face and it's config file (I've made sure it's a config.xml file) in a graphics folder in the FM2011 folder like this: http://img405.imageshack.us/f/12262010181553.jpg/

The config file is as follows with the number of my manager ID put in: http://img80.imageshack.us/f/12262010181741.jpg/

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong? I've done the unticking and ticking of the cache things but no joy :(

i need help i downloaded this program how do you remove si from the head and how do you put the hairstyles on them

There's a few methods but basically you import the picture created by FaceGen into the paint package of your choice (Paint Shop Pro for me, but others use Photoshop, GIMP, etc) and use the tools there to mask/smudge/blur/erase the SI stamp.

Have a look at post 1 of this thread and check out 'previous post 3'. That will take you to [thread=27758]this thread[/thread] where Duccio has posted his method in this post.

John, it might be an idea to expand the links in post 1 to include a direct named link to this post of Duccio's (or an equivalent 'how to do this' link). It could help avoid the thread filling up with 'how do I do this' posts (no offence meant Chris - it took a bit of a hunt to find useful info when I started doing these).

if he told me to run, id fkn do it

Looks great in your game. I'm glad they work ok with the darker skins as I have only tested with the light one. (Could be a halo around them due to the cutting)

here is an asian player to add a little more diversity to my range.

hant.png Love the Will Smith one too :thup:

Would these be better with or without the shirts? I guess some people will not want different colour shirts in different pictures. I didn't think about that until now.

For me, since I'll use them for my class regens which usually are international players, I prefer to do them in their national colours e.g. England jersey. Different people will have different preferences though.

Looks great in your game. I'm glad they work ok with the darker skins as I have only tested with the light one. (Could be a halo around them due to the cutting)

here is an asian player to add a little more diversity to my range.

hant.png Love the Will Smith one too :thup:

This is great. We're getting a good selection of quality images. Keep them coming.

Regen faces (snood edition) - Man Utd players not included

snd2.png

Nice pics again John but this guy has got a bit of 'halo hair' going on (fine on the light skin but not on the dark skin). It's one reason why mine so far all have short hair as I struggle to make a long hair pic I'm happy with on the dark skin.

Would these be better with or without the shirts? I guess some people will not want different colour shirts in different pictures. I didn't think about that until now.

I've no preference to be honest, although when I see a shirt it looks better when the shoulders drop out of the bottom of the pic rather than at the sides (like they do it in the cut out megapack). When the shirt hits the edge of the pic it leaves a right angle and just looks awkward to me. I've just done mine as head/neck to match the in game FaceGen style.

As to shirt colours, how about taking a layer with just the shirt and then saving it as a transparent .png in a number of different colours (red, blue, yellow, etc.). If these were made available as standalone graphics people could apply their preferred colour of shirt to any of the head only pics (with a bit of tweaking for scale I guess).

This is a generic question in relation to creating a me manager for the game I have tried using the free version however my graphic skills are poor if I was to supply a creator the pictures of my face can someone please create an image to suit/match the style in the game/multiple styles?

I know this is a no request thread however as mentioned since my skills are poor and I don't know how to add hair and clothing can the following be made?

1. Me as a Manager in a Generic Suit/Joachim Löw Styled Manager (meaning Suit with Knit/T-Shirt aka World Cup 2010 Look)

2. Me as a Manager in a Generic Tracksuit/Training Coach Uniform, and

3. Me as a Manager just the head to match the style of the SI Games images.

This would be appreciated this as I'm sick of the generic image used/a real photo that just doesn't look right?

I really I wish SI Games provided a basic face generator so people could create either a random image to use or this style of importing your own face to match their style.

Regards

As to shirt colours, how about taking a layer with just the shirt and then saving it as a transparent .png in a number of different colours (red, blue, yellow, etc.). If these were made available as standalone graphics people could apply their preferred colour of shirt to any of the head only pics (with a bit of tweaking for scale I guess).

Sounds good. Would you like to give it a shot? :thup:

I don't know, where did you read that? ;)

Send me a pm and I'll see what I can do. I might need to find some free time atm though so if WH or Straightout wants to take up this project, you might get it faster.

About the request thing on the top of the page in big red writing it has: No requests for graphics downloads please!! This is a help forum only. Any offending threads will be closed.

In relation to the pictures I'll send them to you later today (Australian Time as I'm in the office at the present time).

Thanks for doing them for me in advance?

Regards

Sounds good. Would you like to give it a shot? :thup:

I'll look into it once I have a few more heads done. One issue could be the width of neck is variable on the FaceGen images so shirts would need to be set to some 'default' neck width (x pixels) for consistency and then resized on an image by image basis. Might be more trouble than it's worth, but no harm in finding out.

FaceGen Creators,

I have attempted to create a version of myself last night just to see myself with different facial expressions, hair, etc. however after inserting myself into the game it didn't look quite right as it was just my head and elongated neck.

4W4jY.png

How do you insert clothing so the picture has the beginnings of the shoulder, and where do you source the images to do so?

Regards

FaceGen Creators,

I have attempted to create a version of myself last night just to see myself with different facial expressions, hair, etc. however after inserting myself into the game it didn't look quite right as it was just my head and elongated neck.

4W4jY.png

How do you insert clothing so the picture has the beginnings of the shoulder, and where do you source the images to do so?

Regards

Yeah, google images as WH had mentioned. I will check getty images as another source if I can't find those that I want though you may have to get lucky and there's some editing involved in getting the watermarks off.

Out of interest, didn't the pics I've made for you work?

Yeah, google images as WH had mentioned. I will check getty images as another source if I can't find those that I want though you may have to get lucky and there's some editing involved in getting the watermarks off.

Out of interest, didn't the pics I've made for you work?

John,

They did work and thank you for that, however for some reason when I went to use them I had the same experience of them not looking quite right? Or it could be that I'm not used to looking at myself. However all the images seemed small compared to the default shadow image on the default manager, could be head width as I have had co-workers saying this image is me but a little thinner.

Also when I compare this image to others created by yourself and others it does look thinner, how do I make my face larger comapre to the other works you have done using FaceGen?

Regards

Prob due to the hairstyle you have chosen. A fuller crop of hair can make you look thiner. I have sent you adjusted images where I have decreased the hair, increasing forehead in the process. I have also superimposed the images on your original photo and there's little to suggest that the dimensions are off. You prob also have to consider that such images will never be 100% as realistic as an actual photo though.

ig3fM.pngor w/ Hair ttyUO.png

Background: Transparent

Image Size: 400 x 400 (FaceGen Default)

Hi Guys,

I have created a new face as this looks a little more like me with the first one I created I used all the photos (front image, left and right profiles) I took, this one was just the front image (doesn't put the double chin in though, however I'm fine with that).

All I need is the suit I tried using a white shirt and grey suit jacket from SABA Australia however I had issues with making the backgrounds transparent for the shirt and suit jacket as well as making them look more animated rather than a physical photo/s. If possible can the shirt and jacket be added to this image for me?

Otherwise if I was to just just the head w/ hair how do I get it scaled down to 180 X 180 and still have it look like it was an image already in the game/large looking image?

Regards

I often find I have to spend a fair amount of time trying to get everything to match up in size. Sometimes it wont fit exactly while remaining in scale so some editing is required. (Drawing in extra skin or removing it or chopping the hair to suit the shape of the head) My first attempts looked awful but got better with practice.

Here is my version of your request.

bpats.png

Otherwise if I was to just just the head w/ hair how do I get it scaled down to 180 X 180 and still have it look like it was an image already in the game/large looking image?

Your resizing issues seem to be because, although the canvas size is 400 x 400 the image on the canvas was only approx 270 x 270. So when you shrunk it down to a 180 x 180 canvas, the image went down to 120 x 120 and looked tiny in the game. So when you want to resize, you need to select the image within the canvas, copy and past it as a new image (which will fit closely to the edges of the canvas) then resize that to 180 x 180. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your advice I'll keep practicing, however its time like this I wish SI (Sports Interactive) give us the ability to create a FaceGen/ReGen so we could insert faces, rather than just have the shadowed generic persons.

Archived