[WIP][10.3.0]magicmastermind's Oceanic Leagues and updated O-League

magicmastermind124

I feel comfortable enough to release this now (although it's a work in progress still, tests have proved the file to be working and stable for 2 seasons, and the competitions I have made play exactly as they should).

Currently active nations and competitions:

New Zealand

New Zealand Football Championship

Fiji

Fiji Sun/Weet Bix National League

Papua New Guinea

PNG National Soccer League

Vanuatu

Port Vila Premier League

Ken Memorial Cup

Oceanic Champions League

DOWNLOAD v1.40

v1.10 - Original version, added NZFC and O-League

v1.30 - Added Fiji Sun/Weet Bix National League and PNG National Soccer League. Fixture fixture clash bug.

v1.40 - Added Vanuatu Port Vila Premier League and Ken Memorial Cup.

This has only been tested on 10.3.0, and I do not expect it to work with other versions but if they do please let me know in this thread.

I had a lot of trouble getting this file to work as realistically as possible, I have worked on it on and off for days testing and reconfiguring

KNOWN BUGS:

Fixture and Discipline rules do not currently work for OCL. *Cannot find out how to do this with the advanced rules as you cannot set up a continent to have fixture and discipline rules like you can with nations. However it has assigned its own discipline rules.

Fixtures and results do not show up on the league stages of Fiji and Papua New Guinea Leagues. *This is a very minor issue, the fixtures still play but they only appear in the Schedule section or in the clubs fixture list.

Teams may play grey players in some matches.

Fixture dates are realistic (actual fixtures for NZFC and PNG NSL for first season) and squad rules for NZFC and FNL and discipline rules for NZFC and FNL are as realistic as possible.

If anyone comes across a bug please post it in here as soon as possible.

Collaboration is welcome to help with the other leagues that need to be made. You must be willing to use the Advanced Rules if you are creating a league with me. Please send a PM if you wish to help. I will also welcome updates to include players and staff.

I will keep updating this file with new leagues from now on, as I am comfortable with my knowledge of the Advanced Rules that I will be able to add to this file. Updates will follow. I have yet to add the following nations that enter the O-League:

Tahiti

New Caledonia

Solomon Islands

A lot of testing is needed to add these however, and there are no guarantees the nations will work.

Please give feedback from your experience playing the game!

Was going to post this in the Advanced Editor thread, but thought I'd have a better chance of getting your attention here ;)

Just wanted to express my thanks to you for creating this file. It has helped me understand the Advanced Editor more than anything else, and has been the number one source from which I have been able to solve problems I've faced with my CFU and Trinidad files.

Great work, and thanks again!

That's awesome! More and more people are defecting to the advanced panels. It took me a long time to get it to work but I now know many features of the advanced panel. I'm still trying to learn more, and once I am done with Oceania, I hope to start a project with a few others to do something big for FM.

magicmasterminds124:

Congrats again on this file mate. I am forging ahead with our Virgin 5 Nations, edging ever closer to the competition history answer, but I've been able to spend an hour or two today playing around with your stuff and it's outstanding work.

Thanks for the great comments everyone.

Not sure that I'll be able to keep this at the same pace from now on as I am back in work from tomorrow. I can't find enough information on the Solomon Islands to create a league there that I am comfortable with. I will be working on Tahiti next.

Are you planning to include American Samoa in your work?

Could be fun since the nation is tied last in FIFA's ranking and it is somewhat appealing to me to play in what might be the worst football nation in the world. The national team has only won one match (which wasn't even FIFA-sanctioned) and they hold the record for biggest defeat (31-0 to Australia).

Regarding O-league it looks like they haven't been participating but that might be a question of economy. The nation is an OFC-member.

The Football Federation of American Samoa consists of 14 teams with 10 of these competing in the only division of the country. Apparently all (or most) teams share the same pitch in Pago Pago (Pago Park Soccer Stadium).

Just started thinking about something, and while I would find out myself sooner or later, thought I'd throw the question out there (running yet another holiday season so I'm bored).

When setting the Fixture/Discipline rules for each nation in the Oceania pack, are you able to start each nation at the number 0, or do you have to start (say) New Zealand at 0, then Fiji at 1 and so forth?

Wondering, because I've pretty much decided to do a similar thing to your Oceania Pack with Caribbean nations, where I will combine my leagues with the CFU file, and hopefully others can add leagues to it as well until we cover the entire region.

Fixture rules only apply for the nation you set up, so fixture rule 0 for NZ will be different from fixture rule 0 for Fiji. Same goes for Disciplinary.

As for American Samoa and the other nations not in the O-League, they are not a priority at the moment, ultimately I would like to include them.

Ok... thanks.

I was curious, because currently I use a fixture/discipline rule from my Trinidad League for the CFU. And those aren't even in the same .xml.

I had found that the CFU decided to use the first available one even though nothing has been set up for them. So I customized Trinidad 0 rules to work for CFU (including Squad Registration), and then I'm using Trinidad 1 rules for the actual Trinidad leagues...

about Oceania... is it possible to make nations to lose matches like in real life, 10 goal and bigger margins? I was always asking myself that... I am angry seeing American Samoa played draw agaist power of New Zealand, or they qualified to Final group of that ridiculous OFC Nations Cup format....

so, is it doable?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived