FM10: Official Galatasaray Thread ~ The Turkish Giants

nbstyle

Galatasaray S.K.

2579209.png

History:

Galatasaray Sports Club was founded in the fall of 1905, by Galatasaray Lisesi (an elite high school founded in 1481) students as a football club. Galatasaray's first president was Ali Sami Yen. Their first match was against Kadıköy Faure School and they won this match 2–0.[4] There were discussions about the clubs name, in which some suggested Gloria (victory) and others Audace (courage), but it was decided that its name would be Galatasaray.

According to researcher Cem Atabeyoğlu, Galatasaray took its name from one of its first matches. In that match, Galatasaray won 2–0 over Rûm club and the spectators called them "Galata Sarayı efendileri" (in English: Gentlemen of City Palace), and, after this event, they adopted that name and started to call their club "Galata Sarayı". In 1905, during the era of the Ottoman Empire, there were no laws for associations so the club could not be registered officially, but, after the 1912 Law of Association, the club registered legally.

“ Our aim is to play together, to have a color and a name and to beat the teams of outside of Turkey. ”

- Ali Sami Yen

Among with the founder Ali Sami Yen, the co-founders were the ones who were keen to do this sport, such as Asim Tevfik Sonumut, Reşat Şirvani, Cevdet Kalpakçıoğlu, Abidin Daver and Kamil.

At first, the colors of the Galatasaray Sports Club were red and white. These are the colors in Turkish flag. However, Turkish Republic was not founded at that time. Therefore, this inspiration caused repressive administration of the day feel uncomfortable and the administration hounded the footballers. For this reason, the colors were changed to yellow and dark blue till 1907. In 1908, new colors were chosen as red and yellow. Ali Sami Yen stated, "We were imagining brightness of yellow - red fire over our team and thinking that it would carry us from one victory to another."

While the football in Turkey began to fully develop, Galatasaray won ten more Istanbul League titles, six Sunday League titles and three Friday League titles until 1952. Upon recognition of professional football in 1952, the first professional but non-national league of Turkey, Istanbul Professional League played between 1952 and 1959. Galatasaray won three of these seven titles.

Türkiye Profesyonel 1. Ligi (Turkcell Super League today) formed in 1959. This is the top-flight professional league in Turkish nationwide football, and the most popular sporting competition in the country. Galatasaray joined all seasons and won 17 league titles since then.

The Turkish Football Federation starts to organize "Turkish Cup" (today it is organized with the name Fortis Turkey Cup) in the 1962–63 season for Turkish clubs to qualify for the UEFA competitions. This is the only national cup competition in Turkey. Galatasaray joined all seasons and won 14 trophies since then.

Hundreds of cups and medals are showcased at the Galatasaray Museum within the school today, as a shining example of some hundred successful years in Turkish sports.

Galatasaray Football Team’s will and passion to succeed in Europe started in the 1956-57 season, when Galatasaray competed in the European Champion Clubs Cup for the first time. In the 1988-89 season, Galatasaray played in the semifinals of the tournament. In the Cup Winners Cup, Galatasaray reached the quarter-finals in the 1991-92 season.

Galatasaray’s most successful spell was in the 1999-2000 season, when the team won the UEFA Cup, as the undefeated champion throughout the tournament, and won the Super Cup, beating The Champions’ League winners Real Madrid.

Club Information:

Nation- Turkey

Year Founded - 1905

Status - Professional

Reputation - Contiental

Major Rivals - Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş

Club Legends - Gündüz Kılıç, Metin Oktay, Jupp Derwall, Bülent Korkmaz, Gheorge Hagi.

Club Icons - Coşkun Özarı, Turgay Şeren, Fatih Terim, Tugay Kerimoğlu, Cüneyt Tanman, Hakan Şükür, Faryd Mondragon, Arda Turan, Claudio Taffarel.

Clubs Favoured Personnel - Karl-Heinz Feldkamp, Zoran Simovic, Dzevad Prekazi, Emre Aşık, Mircea Lucescu, Hasan Şaş, Ergün Penbe, Eric Gerets, Suat Kaya, Ümit Davala.

Media Prediction - 3rd.

Club Captain - Arda Turan.

Vice Captains - Ayhan Akman, Sabri Sarıoğlu.

Estimated Value - £145m (Loan Debt: £34m)

Balance - £14m

Transfer Budget- Minimum Expecation - Winning the League - £3m

Wage Budget- Minimum Expecation - Winning the League - £25,5 p/a

Stadium - Ali Samiyen. (Due to move into the 52647 capacity Ali Sami Yen Sport Complex on 1.1.2011

Capacity - 23,785.

Dimensions - 105x65m.

Opened - 1964

Training Facilities - Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities - Good Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Manager - Frank Rijkaard.

Assistant manager - Johan Neeskens.

Goalkeeping coach - Nezih Ali Boloğlu, Abdullah Yaban, Serkan Bağrıaçık.

Fitness coach - Albert Roca Pujol, Carlos Quadrat.

Doctors - Les Gelis, Cumhur Erol.

Kit -

2579296.jpg 2579298.jpg 2579299.jpg

The Squad:

GK: 1 - Aykut ERÇETİN

GK: 25- Leo FRANCO

GK: 86- Ufuk CEYLAN

DF: 2 - Emre GÜNGÖR

DF: 3 - Uğur UÇAR

DF: 5 - Gökhan ZAN

DF: 21- Emre AŞIK

DF: 22- Hakan BALTA

DF: 23- Serkan KURTULUŞ

DF: 28- Semih KAYA

DF: 60- Alparslan ERDEM

DF: 76- Servet ÇETİN

MF: 6 - Tobias LINDEROTH

MF: 7 - Aydın YILMAZ

MF: 8 - Barış ÖZBEK

MF: 9 - Elano BLUMER

MF: 10-Arda TURAN

MF: 14-Mehmet TOPAL

MF: 16-Mustafa SARP

MF: 18-Ayhan AKMAN

MF: 19-Harry KEWELL

MF: 39-Serdar EYLİK

MF: 55-Sabri SARIOĞLU

MF: 88-Caner ERKİN

FW: 11- Abdul Kader KEITA

FW: 15- Milan BAROS

FW: 20- Shabani NONDA

FW: 61- Serkan ÇALIK

Credits:

Wikipedia

Galatasaray.Org

Intercept (as the thread design was COMPLETELY inspired by his thread.)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153969

ideal 11 ;

--------Baros--------

Kewell---Elano----Keita

-------Arda-M.Topal---

H.Balta-Servet-Emre-Sabri

--------Franco-------

Transfers;

İN;

Sergey Krivets

Jorge Andrade

Andre Pierre Gignac

OUT;

Tobias LINDEROTH

Ayhan Akman

Shabani Nonda

---Baros---Gignac--

Kewell------------Keita

-------Arda-M.Topal---

H.Balta-Servet-Andrade-Sabri

--------Franco-------

Backs;

Elano

Gökhan Zan

Aydın Yılmaz

Mustafa Sarp

Uğur UÇAR

Serdar Eylik

Barış ÖZBEK

I won Turkish Premier League

I won Turkish Cup

Uefa Cup for Semi Final

• 3 weeks later...

Which Turkish talents do you recommend buying?

I won the league and the cup in my first season, with this team:

GK - Leo Franco

LB - Balta

RB - Sabri

DC - Cetin

DC - Toprak

DMCl - Topal/Özbek

MCr - Inler

AMCl - Turan

AMCc - Elano

AMCr - Van der Vaart

SC - Baros

With Keita playing quite some matches as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Which Turkish talents do you recommend buying?

I won the league and the cup in my first season, with this team:

GK - Leo Franco

LB - Balta

RB - Sabri

DC - Cetin

DC - Toprak

DMCl - Topal/Özbek

MCr - Inler

AMCl - Turan

AMCc - Elano

AMCr - Van der Vaart

SC - Baros

With Keita playing quite some matches as well.

Im playing as Fenerbahce, and have won the league first season along with the Turkish cup final, which we lost to Besiktas. Knocked out of the Europa by Bordeoux in the 3rd round. Second season a fantasic tournaround, just qualified top my CL group unbeaten, beating Leverkusen twice and drawing, beating Inter. Just pounded Besiktas 5-1 away. Quality turkish players that you need due to the foreigner limits are: Halil Altintop, Murat Ceylan, Yildirim Sercan. All absolute class. Along with Mah Diarra from Real and Milevsky from Kiev. I would love to bring Turan Arda but its totally impossible to buy and Gala or Besik player!

I love the Turkish league tho!

Im playing as Fenerbahce, and have won the league first season along with the Turkish cup final, which we lost to Besiktas. Knocked out of the Europa by Bordeoux in the 3rd round. Second season a fantasic tournaround, just qualified top my CL group unbeaten, beating Leverkusen twice and drawing, beating Inter. Just pounded Besiktas 5-1 away. Quality turkish players that you need due to the foreigner limits are: Halil Altintop, Murat Ceylan, Yildirim Sercan. All absolute class. Along with Mah Diarra from Real and Milevsky from Kiev. I would love to bring Turan Arda but its totally impossible to buy and Gala or Besik player!

I love the Turkish league tho!

this subject is belong to Galatasaray

you asked about quality turkish players you bell piece.

"Im playing as Fenerbahce, and have won the league first season along with the Turkish cup final, which we lost to Besiktas. Knocked out of the Europa by Bordeoux in the 3rd round. Second season a fantasic tournaround, just qualified top my CL group unbeaten, beating Leverkusen twice and drawing, beating Inter. Just pounded Besiktas 5-1 away." this part was really unnecessary

if u can look other club subjects, u see that people share their stories about that team not the rival team :)

beside, thanks for names

• 4 weeks later...

i can say a few name for u :) but that's for 10.2

ali turan (drc) from kayserispor u can buy 600k then will sell 2.5 million

furkan özçal (amrc, fc) from kayserispor

muhammet demir (sc) and sercan yildirim (sc) from bursaspor. if u wanna 4. striker you can buy serkan aktas he just 70k :)

ömer toprak (dc) and if u use 4-3-3 like frank rijkaard system i will recommend viktor elm from herenveen and :) gago :)

viktor elm's current ability is low but his profil ability very well. He made 10 goals and 20 asists in about 40 matches. in his first season

• 3 months later...
Anybody still doing Gala?

Just took over in 4rd season after taking Brighton to prem :)

Galatasaray

Year:2023

League champions each year from the beginning of the game.

League Cup: Lost 2 times only

Super Cup: Winner each year

Champions League: Winner (1)

Second richest club in the world only after Barcelona.

Currently:

Champions League Semi Final against Olympic Lyonnais

League Cup Semi Final

League Leader

i have a galatsaray save going. not too far into it yet, but Jo is having a great season for me so far.

very fun team to manage, its got plenty of talent and a good mix of youth & experience

what do you think of Arda :D Does he play well ?

Galatasaray

Year:2023

League champions each year from the beginning of the game.

League Cup: Lost 2 times only

Super Cup: Winner each year

Champions League: Winner (1)

Second richest club in the world only after Barcelona.

Currently:

Champions League Semi Final against Olympic Lyonnais

League Cup Semi Final

League Leader

Very Nice Conqueror.. I wanna win the CL too with Gala, Im now in the 1st knockout phase against Fiorentina.. :D

I'm Galatasaray in my Third Season:

I borrow most of the players and if they play well I just buy them.

I bought Moussa Sisokko for 23 Million(48 month payment off course)

Balance = 49 mill. ( so thinks are good)

Leader in the League

1st knockout round in the CL

I will update soon what I have done

Nice to see a Gala thread active couldn't find one before, anyway I'm currently playing as Gala, here's how my first season went, very close in the end with Besiktas proving difficult to shrug off.

http://yfrog.com/izturkishpremierdivisionp

I lost the Turkish cup final to Besiktas, Holosko with 2 late goals to sink me :mad:

Here are my second season transfers.

http://yfrog.com/jqgalatasarayskp

Mevlut Erdinc and Toprak have had great starts to the second season, including scoring 4 in 1 game for Erdinc. My main future transfer target is Nuri Sahin to replace the aging Elano. My aim is to snap up as much of the Turkish talent that I possibly can. My aim for second season is to retain the league and hopefully make an impact in the CL, although this may be hard considering I was 3rd seed in the groups.

Here's my current line up.

http://yfrog.com/5hgalatasaraysk2p

• 2 weeks later...

Not much activity in here. Oh well I'll update anyway.

Just finished my third season and won my third league title, annoyingly I've been in the Turkish cup final every year and have lost the final every year as well :(

Here's my current squad. I managed to snap up Rene Adler on a free after his contract at Leverkusen expired, this is a great coup for Galatasary and he is rated at 5 stars by my assistant manager so I have high hopes for him :)

galatasaraysk3.png

I've also tried my hand at developing a bit of youth due to the foreign restrictions in the Turkish league, here's Emre Colak that starts at Galatasary. I'm hoping in a year or two he can push Arda Turan for a place in the starting 11 at the moment he remains back up and a very handy sub.

24emreolak4.png

• 4 weeks later...

Galatasaray S.K.

I've just finished my 1st Season at Galatasaray S.K. which included an undefeated Süper Lig campaign but a 2-2p (7-8) Türkiye Kupası Final defeat by Beşiktaş J.K an also a Europa League 2nd Round 2-4 (1-3/1-1) Aggregate defeat against Hamburger SV. At the start of the season i signed Milan Badelj £1.1m from NK Dinamo Zagreb & I managed to Loan out Milan Baroš out to Real Madrid C.F. for the Season for £1.7m plus a £16.5m Buy Clause which at the end of the Loan they suprisingly offered despite the fact he only made - 11 La Liga Apperances/Scoring 3 Goals, I also sold Kader Keïta to Real Madrid C.F. in January for £10m and out of the transfer money i made the deals of Caner Erkin £3.6m & Giovani dos Santos £3.5m permanent.

Galatasaray S.K. Team:

Team.jpg

Süper Lig

Türkiye Kupası

Milan Baroš

Player Transfers

Staff Transfers

Facilities

• 3 weeks later...

Loaded this up last night and have spent ages deciding how to play this.

The hardest part was deciding who to keep and sell, so I hired some good scouts and sent them over to Germany, Turkish u20 and 18's and the rest either floating around South America or Europe with the exception of one who was looking at a few players i've never signed before and a few of the best Turkish kids. Bearing in mind what I already had, including this newgen

16Kadirstn.png

who looks a potential star, I decided of my more attacking players that Baros could go for the right price and this is what I decided for my transfer activity for the season, with Torric coming in next year and Omer Toprak is coming in January (I waited until after the transfer window to bid to save on wages whilst he is out) so in total it works out I have spent about £3m more than I had which isn't too bad.

this is my formation for the season

GalatasaraySKformation.png

GalatasaraySKtactics.png

and it's worked well winning every game up to mid September.

Europa league qualifacation was pretty straight forward and I have been given a tricky (though nowhere near impossible) group containing Fulham, Zenit and Metalurg

Beskistas and Fenerbache's reluctance to sell, or if offered money they couldn't refuse is a problem, then to make matters worse when a bid does get accepted the player won't join no matter how much is offered is making things extremely hard. I offered Necip Uysal £40k+ a week and he wasn't having it.

I've decided to go for a very different shape, but I've also decided to go for a very attacking formation. I'm only in mid-July atm though, so this could all change before the season starts.

I'm gonna start with:

Leo Franco

Sabri Neill Toprak Caner

Elano Topal/Baris

Keita - Arda - Kewell

Baros/Jo

Against stronger teams I'll take out the AMC and put in an anchor man.

Player roles:

Leo Franco - sweeper keeper/defend.

Sabri Sarioglu/Caner Erkin - wing back/attack.

Lucas Neill/Omer Toprak - centre back/defend.

Mehmet Topul/Baris Ozbek - ball winner/defend.

Elano Blumer - advanced playmaker/support.

Kader Keita/Harry Kewell - inside forward/support.

Arda Turan - advanced playmaker/attack.

Milan Baros/Jo - advanced forward.

I'll update properly at the end of the transfer window anyway.

I've decided to go for a very different shape, but I've also decided to go for a very attacking formation. I'm only in mid-July atm though, so this could all change before the season starts.

I'm gonna start with:

Leo Franco

Sabri Neill Toprak Caner

Elano Topal/Baris

Keita - Arda - Kewell

Baros/Jo

Against stronger teams I'll take out the AMC and put in an anchor man.

Player roles:

Leo Franco - sweeper keeper/defend.

Sabri Sarioglu/Caner Erkin - wing back/attack.

Lucas Neill/Omer Toprak - centre back/defend.

Mehmet Topul/Baris Ozbek - ball winner/defend.

Elano Blumer - advanced playmaker/support.

Kader Keita/Harry Kewell - inside forward/support.

Arda Turan - advanced playmaker/attack.

Milan Baros/Jo - advanced forward.

I'll update properly at the end of the transfer window anyway.

Joe are you using default DB or an update?

I thought about playing the same way as you Joe, but I with the newgen, the scout reports on Khalil and Yildirim I decided 4-4-2 was better. Lost to Fulham at home which i'm not thrilled with.

I've not been happy with Franco in goal at all, he's been responsible for a few stupid goals including the winner in the Fulham game where he went wandering 30 yards off his line for no reason and then an own goal against Fenerbache which let them get back to 3-3 the game after. I'm seriously considering bringing in Sinan Bolat from Standard in January or just going straight for one of the available big names like Ochoa or Akinfeev.

What's Arslan looking like for you? His physicals are poor and refused tutoring by Arda so i've shipped him out on loan for the year. Colak is looking much better, so sent him out on loan too and will look at getting him tutored and learning to play on the wings when he returns next year

Yeah Edgar I bought Toprak for £5.75m, but he's the only one I've got.

Yeah I was looking at Sinan for a long term option, but Leo Franco's been fine so far. Have to see how I go with him.

Yeah Arslan looks okay but I haven't bothered with him too much so far. I really like the look of Emre Colak though, hoping to give him a fair few first team games this season and he's being tutored by Arda.

I'm not overly chuffed with options at right back either, hoping someone pops up between now and Jan. Should have waited for Toprak Joe, could have saved yourself £1.5M if you waited until after the transfer window closed

Yeah but I wanted him now. Apart from Lucas Neill (who really should be playing right back) I don't like any of the options at centre back. Zan I sold for £5m, so pleased with that, but Servet Cetin and Emre Gungor reek of mediocrity

Right back I've got no problems with as I wanted a really offensively minded one for my tactic, and Sabri is great going forward. Gokhan Gonul is a long term option, not sure how realistic that is though what with where he plays.

I agree, on the whole the options at CB are poor. I've just had a 5-1 hiding by Trabzonspor (though I was missing a few key players) so i'm dropping Franco and Zan for now and Topal is going to play CB

Falahk, i'd try and raise the money for some center backs personally. I've never signed Otamendi and i'm thinking now is the right time unless I can find someone else (as in Turkish) by Jan.

Nuri has come back up as available. Might try and do a p/e with Elano.

Joe, I thought you knew mate, that's why I left signing him until after the window for cheaper like I said :D He is worth the wait though. Been top in the 4-5 games he's played for me (even with a lack of fitness)

Signed Van Der Vaart on loan with an option for £7M. I already think i'll keep him:cool:

Got Barca in the Europa 1st knockout round which is probably the worst draw I could have hoped for.

In the league I managed to get another hiding by 5 goals, but since then I changed the DM to an out and out anchor man which covered me until Toprak arrived so well i've decided to keep an AM there all the time.,with that we've gone from 5 points behind to 5 in front, so that is encouraging.

Keita has gone out on loan to Kiev with a £9.25M option to buy, I hope they take it up as Dos Santos, Arda, Elano and Sararer have all been much more effective and are more versatile, added to the fact that Arslan and Colak will be back next year either of whom will be given time considering how well their loan spells have gone. Also won the group stage of the Turkish cup. Hoping to get the season done by tomorrow hopefully.

^^Leeds by any chance? :D

I've finished my first season, so i'll give quick update.

We finished as Champions with a few games to spare in the end which was slightly encouraging, though i'm concerned on the whole how we only managed 1 and a draw win in the big derbies.

In the cups we managed the final of the Turkish cup but lost 3-2 after being ahead twice. Barca beat us in the Europa 6-0 agg (3-0 home and away) which was a bit disappointing as I thought we had enough in us to make the home leg a tough game at least.

Ustun was named player of the year and was my top scorer and we picked up a few other individual awards for the year.

Tried to sign Van Der Vaart at the end of the year but unfortunately (or so I thought at the time) he wasn't having any of it even though he did well.

So in to the new season and it was obvious new personnel was needed. With a big end of season funding I was given £35M to spend and made an extra £19M from players out (this will be more once a few more go) Incoming have all been long term targets and I have probably spent over the odds, but there have been no other suitable players willing to join. Elano has left on loan for £1.5M with £9.25M permanent price, at the worst it has saved £53k a week wages and I should get £6-7M next year from someone. Franco and Keita were the 2 other big players to leave.

As i've spent enough i'm going to have Toprak and Cetin/Topal as first choice CB's this year, next season I want Tasci (though if Stuttgart don't qualify for the CL group stage i'm going to try and get him) and Rafael (out on loan at Nantes) from Man Utd and I should more or less have a CL challenging team.

Cheers Joe. The Barca draw was harsh :(

Going away for a few weeks tomorrow so wanted to get this season done before I went. Usually it's 5-6 days to do a season for me :D We've moved up quite a bit in the UEFA rankings, so hopefully I will have an easy route to the group stage (assuming that we don't go straight through)

EDIT: Don't Germany only have 3 CL spaces? Think I might have a go at getting Tasci as Stuttgart finished 4th :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

Recently started new season with Galatasaray. Although I haven't even finished the first half of the first season I would like to share with you my campaign so far, as I have some questions. My first eleven is:

Gk Leo Franco

DR Sabri Sarioglu (Wing Back/Attack)

DL Hakan Balta (Full back/Support)

DC Lucas Neil (Central defender/Cover)

DC Servet Cetin (Central defender/Defend)

MC Elano (Central Midfielder/Support)

MC Baris Ozbek (Ball Winning Midfielder/Defend)

AMC Arda Turan (Trequartista/Attack)

AML Harry Kewel (Inside forward/Attack)

AMR Kader Keita (Inside forward/Attack)

ST Milan Baros (Poacher/Attack)

1. So far my team yet to be defeated. First place in TPL and EL group. Only 2 draws; Fenerbahce 1 1 GS, Toulouse FC 3 3 GS.

2. Very determined team. Twice I came back from 0 2. Against Toulouse FC (3 3 away draw) and Herta BSC (3 2 home win)

3. Arda Turan, Servet Cetin, Keita and Sabri Sarioglu being fantastic.

4. Not so well performing; Kewell and Caner

5. I think Ufuk Ceylan is quality goalkeeper and if trained properly, then can protect the goals from the beginning of the next season. Priority now is, to give him match experience as many as possible. This also will allow to buy foreign field player.

6. I am planning to buy tall and relatively fast striker to the Target man position as currently I waste almost all my crosses and I have them plenty. Could you advice anyone? Should be cheap, young and with potential. Can be foreigner.

7. I am thinking keeping Dos Santos and letting Caner and Jo go. The latter player, I would love to keep in the team but unfortunately I cannot afford him. What do you think?

8. Is there any possibility to sell Harry Kewell? If not, then, is there any point prolonging his contract at the end of the season?

Archived