FAZIO!!!!

WILLBA

I am currently Real Betis in my 3rd season, just came second behind Barcelona, level on points but they had way better goal difference.

I have to say Federico Fazio is one of the best players I've ever had on FM, He has scored 12 goals from centre defence (due to his height, 6'5 and amazing aerial stats), and also averaged 7.65 in a team that conceeded the least in the season. I couldnt recommend him anymore, especially as I paid only 1.8million for him from feirce rivals Sevilla.

Pre season at the minute and I've knocked back a 17million bid from Milan, he has signed a new 5 year deal with a min release clause of 200million.

I recommend to anyone, sign at least one massive centre half and concentrate on your corner routines, as it can be the difference between a draw and a win.

I have him in a save with Betis to and he's great, club captain, first name on the squad etc. Can't believe you got him so cheap from Sevilla, I got him from Roma I think it was a few seasons in and he cost a fair amount but has payed it back over the years.

Originally posted by wesclark:

Isn't the Spanish league decided on head to head?

It is, so either he didnt realise and have a poor record against Barca, or if both games were draws, or if the results were symetrical (3-0 win and 3-0 loss) would lead it to going to goal dif anyway.

Fazio is sheer class though. One of my favourite players.

• 1 month later...

this is all very good. but there is one thing. Breno>Fazio by miles. Breno is so good he scored 24 goals in a season, most of them on the corner. probably available for the same kind of money and IMO, the better CB.

If you read his post, this was commenting on his goal scoring ability.

If you've read my post, you'd notice that I'm correcting his statement that Fazio is a good goalscorer partly due to his height, which isn't correct as height isn't calculated in the game engine.

this is all very good. but there is one thing. Breno>Fazio by miles. Breno is so good he scored 24 goals in a season, most of them on the corner. probably available for the same kind of money and IMO, the better CB.

Breno available for 1.8M?? What game are you playing then? I dont think even a 33 year old Breno would be available for that much dude.

------------------------------------------------

On another note, it seems wherever I read about defenders on the forum these days, its people claiming that X is a great defender because he can score 20-30 goals a season for you. Since when have defenders started to be judged on the number of goals they score anyway?? I thought a defender would be judged on how he DEFENDS? Sure, if he can score, thats an added bonus but everywhere I turn around, its "this guy is great. He scored a million goals for me" posts. Its bloody ignorant when people claim Samba is the best CB around because he can score 40 goals a season from the corner cheat/bug (whatever you want to call it). And then at other times its Garay because he can score from free kicks! These guys are not CLOSE to being the best defenders on the game fgs!

Rant over. :rolleyes:

but Fazio itself is a great defender. immerse mental attribute and physical stats. pretty fast as a DC and good in both the air and ground(marking/tackling)

My post wasnt directed at Fazio in particular. Or any other player for that matter. Bigger picture please! Dont tell me you havent come across posts where people are ranting on about giuys like Kompany and Garay being the best two CB's the world has ever seen. And the pair mentioned above are pretty average. And even there, I'm being generous.

But anyway, I was just thinking out aloud really. To each his own I always say. :thup:

well i think people are just being a lil harsh on this boy:rolleyes: He looks pretty darn good in my game. he is good in the air and physically very strong. also high stats on marking and tackling. the only thing i can pick on is the "relatively low" decision and off the ball (still he got 14 and 12 respectively). i think he is a very good defender (of coz not at the same level as John Terry:D)

He looks class on my game does he develope anymore in the future. I thought off the ball was an attacking stat but recently I have seen people saying defenders need it, its beginning to confuse me lol.

theincrediblehulk

yea i get what you mean.

hoPeY

gotta disagree. unless he have low PA, he attain high stats in every important attribute for defender.

I disagree to an extent - he lacks a good first touch. Ive had it as high as 10, but I like my CBs to be able to control the ball. He is immense apart from that, but I have never had him as first choice yet! Ive always had a soft spot for giant defenders though, lol.

I disagree to an extent - he lacks a good first touch. Ive had it as high as 10, but I like my CBs to be able to control the ball. He is immense apart from that, but I have never had him as first choice yet! Ive always had a soft spot for giant defenders though, lol.

First Touch are not even the top 8 attribute to consider when getting a great defender. playing the ball around you own half is not recommended but it's you own style anyway. =)

for me hes the best defender for the price you can get him and no one even come close.

For the price, Fazio turns out to be one of the better defenders of the game at a reasonable price.A bit like Chris Samba, but much better in terms of speed, and Defender attributes. A rea lgood defender , at most a good buy or quality purchase but not a definite purchase,

Still he is a rather solid defender that one should go for

I got him in my first season, January transfer window. He was unhappy because he wanted a new contract and requested a transfer, so I only paid 1.8 million for him. Such a great player

Great deal mate. And a great player.

fazio got random pa, can be average or good or superb. hes easy to get get first weaks of game for a steal price but later on they prize him very fast 20-30 mills. toghoter with christoffer samba from blackburn a medium top club can have 2 superb defenders. in my ajax save they made 87 goals togheter first seson

plz read its random so can be good or bad like most players in this game

very few young players have a fized PA. most have -9 or-10 wich means from 140 to 200

in my game atm hes an average torino centreback.

in some games hes an arsenal/barca defender scoring 40 a seson. its all random

Breno available for 1.8M?? What game are you playing then? I dont think even a 33 year old Breno would be available for that much dude.

------------------------------------------------

On another note, it seems wherever I read about defenders on the forum these days, its people claiming that X is a great defender because he can score 20-30 goals a season for you. Since when have defenders started to be judged on the number of goals they score anyway?? I thought a defender would be judged on how he DEFENDS? Sure, if he can score, thats an added bonus but everywhere I turn around, its "this guy is great. He scored a million goals for me" posts. Its bloody ignorant when people claim Samba is the best CB around because he can score 40 goals a season from the corner cheat/bug (whatever you want to call it). And then at other times its Garay because he can score from free kicks! These guys are not CLOSE to being the best defenders on the game fgs!

Rant over. :rolleyes:

Fazio isn't normally available for 1.8m. he normally costs 10-20m and I only ever got close to signing him by offering ledley king, my club captain. and then it was only because sevilla were interested.

plz read its random so can be good or bad like most players in this game

very few young players have a fized PA. most have -9 or-10 wich means from 140 to 200

in my game atm hes an average torino centreback.

in some games hes an arsenal/barca defender scoring 40 a seson. its all random

-9 is 160-180 and -10 is 180-200.

The gap between each is 30 so it would be

-10 170-200

-9 150-180

-8 130-160

-7 110-140

-6 90-120

-5 70-100

-4 50-80

-3 30-60

-2 10-40

-1 0-20

I am pretty positive those are what they are.

Yer thats what they are, and im 110% sure of that.

• 2 months later...

Certainly a good defender. Great for your pure back defender. If you put him next to an slightly more allrounder you got a first class defense. He's not the best defender in the game, but for that price you can't really fail on it. Must buy for any subtopper that aims for better results.

What year do you think he'll be ready for my Shakhtar team? Currently in 2010, signed in 2009 and is currently out on loan at some Italian club. Have very good defenders currently and also good young ones. IIRC, he's 22 atm. So....when should he be a first choice for a Champions League challenging team?

What year do you think he'll be ready for my Shakhtar team? Currently in 2010, signed in 2009 and is currently out on loan at some Italian club. Have very good defenders currently and also good young ones. IIRC, he's 22 atm. So....when should he be a first choice for a Champions League challenging team?

Advice Please.

Depends on his stats. You should probably look to start using him more and more now (once he returns from his loan) :thup:

Archived