Opposition never get second yellow cards.

Is it just me?

I've been through many, many matches now where the opposition pick up bundles of yellows but never get anyone sent off. Frequently a player on a yellow card will make a horrendous tackle and get a warning. I just played a Euro cup game and the number of decisions that went against me was astonishing, some being awful fouls that didn't even merit a talking too by the referee. There was one opposition player who made bad tackle after bad tackle, injured two of my players and finished the game with just a yellow to his name.

For me it's different. The slightest mis-tackle by a player and it's a yellow. Another mis-tackle, or even less than that, and the player is off. I can't actually remember the last time I saw an opponent sent off.

I realise bad referees and teams feeling hard done by is all part and parcel of the game, but this is more than that. This is the game seemingly being lenient on opposition players.

Is there a bug here that I should be aware of?

As a side point, something I've been wanting to see for a while now is more media reports suggesting that referees were poor. I may be biased but it is quite literally obvious when they are poor. That last Euro cup match of mine was a cert for poor refereeing. I might not be able to complain but I would like to see some news to say the fans or the media are on my side.

I felt the same as you "anagain" when I played in the Premiership but I'm now playing an Inter game and red cards are flying all over the place in this league and they're mainly aimed at my opponents too. To me it seems there are more cards in general handed out in Italy but it might also come down to that Inter dominates the games more than the mighty Spurs did for me in EPL.

To be honest, it's happened to my opponents more often than it's happened to me :)

I totally agree with this. Just finished a game where the AI were down to 9 men :D

Had no problems regarding red cards whatsoever.

The last game I played(about 20 mins ago), I beat Stoke 4-0, at home.

Their finishing stats were(with me being the second number):

Yellows Cards: 10 - 1

Red Cards: 2 - 0

So, in total, they got 8 yellows, and two double yellows. It's also worth noting that their GK didn't get a card, so that's every outfield player, bar one...

Just me then? I don't get a huge amount of yellows but in every match one of my defenders will get a yellow. If one is on a booking and makes a tackle then it's more likely he'll get sent off than an opposition player for a similar foul.

I dunno, I just watch the match and I see no real difference in the fouls committed, but time and time again my players will be picking up yellows for a second foul. Admittedly my players are careful and intelligent enough not to go flying in when booked, but many times, over the last season, I have watched opposition players fly into tackles when booked and the ref runs over and gives them a stern telling off.

I'll put it down to experience, but it's frustrating.

Thanks for the replies.

I had a match where a player should of had a second yellow, he didnt. Then his mate got a straight red, and 5mins after that another player should have had a second yellow and didnt.

Typical because the first player who should of gone scored 2goals in the second leg

Archived