Should FM09 have a difficulty option?

i'm new here,

In all other versions of football manager i have loved and played, although at first challenging after about a weeks worth of playing i can settle on a tactic that works consistently.

i only joined up because for once i was finding football manager quite hard. i've spent hours reading TTF theroms etc, downloaded about 100+ tactics from people on the forum and yet i never seem to get consistent success wether i'm Arsenal or my local Dag & Red.

and as much as it pains me to say it i know that its down to my own tactical inadequacies.

so what i'm advocating now is that maybe with the engine as advanced as it is and as sensitive to change as it is maybe football manager should have a difficulty option like most other games?

for example if i'm playing halo or gears of war, i know i'm not good enough so play it at a normal setting and avoid being disheartened at my poor gaming skills.

cos right now unless you can devote a lot of time (which due to uni by day and my job by night i can't) to the study of tactics on this game FM09 just isnt much fun.

i also worry for the average user who doesn't use forums etc....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy level is being Arsenal/Chelsea/Man United in the premier league

Medium level is being Middlesborough/West ham/ Everton

Hard level is being Stoke City/ Hull/ West Brom

If your still finding it too hard, just look through the forums for advice on tactics and players

If you are implying that bigger club/higher reputation equals easier game then i respectfully disagree. As i mentioned in another thread i have found playing as Leigh Genesis in the BSS/BSN far easier than playing as Man Utd in the Prem.

My theory on this is that Man Utd have no boundary on the players they can bring in, but neither do a lot of their rivals, therefore it comes down to tactics. Making tactics for Man Utd is as hard/easy as making tactics for Hull City, you just need to concentrate on other areas and be aware of what your resources can acheive. If you are poor at creating tactics you cannot succeed.

However in my Leigh game i can effectively put together a quick tactic and then rely on the fact that i have signed 4 top quality loanees, they will tear up the league almost regardless of my tactical ability.

I would say it is not as easy as big club=easy, little club=hard.

If your still finding it too hard, just look through the forums for advice on tactics and players

I would normally be the person saying that, but I don't think it actually has much weight in the 09 difficulty argument.

IMO 09 is difficult in general, after many hours of gaming, the above will apply, but from the outset it is not the case.

As for relying on T&T to cope with the game, should that be necessary or does that just prove how difficult the game can be? I can't think of many other games, where the player should rely on forum advice in order to make it enjoyable/playable.

It depends on the league, if you had man utd in the icelandic premier league then obviously it would be a walk in the park, the only game its easy mode with is arsenal, the young players who can't win anything irl can dominate the entire game and arsenal print off their own money pretty much.

I do think some sort of difficulty change would be nice, but it would be difficult to get working, because managers would have to make silly mistakes in their tactics which isn't too realistic, and a hard setting would be damn near unplayable.

I agree with what you said . But once you get a club like Everton to win the league , it becomes easy as you can do it like 8 times in a row .

Same with any team you just have to get up there first

I did it with Barnet took me 9 seasons to win the premiership then won it 11 times in a row

I agree with the original poster. Some of the replies indicates that no attempt was made to understand the contents of his post.

What he means, is the option to play the game like FM2006(easier) or like FM2009(harder). I would like to go one step further and make entire game features optional, not everyone wants all the fancy stuff introduced after 2006(by far the best FM game in my book). Why not simply make features optional instead of forcing them upon everyone? If this doesn't work maybe SI should consider releasing paid "update packs" for older versions? This could turn out to be a nice side income for SI :).

Becides, the best way to learn this game is to play lower league management, very few get to manage a premier league team as their first job.

No..but the game should be made to give more folk a chance.

1. Training and tactics linked - this way tactics can be developed on the training ground. This way if you buy good players, have good coaching methods, work on mistakes made in matches on the training ground..be able to work on specific match tactics against certain teams...eg extra set piece training if your playing a stronger team..more attacking/shooting practice in the run-up to a weaker team match...or practice penalties before a cup-tie...The game at the minute seems too random with a lot of people not getting to grips with the match engine.

But that would make the game even more complicated. Sort of 180 degrees from what he wanted.

By all means, introduce sock color changer etc but make it OPTIONAL. A vast majority actually prefers the older CM games and in the FM series, 2006. Why not take some hints from this?

In fact, for 2010 should try something all designers do once in a while. Question every single feature added since 2005 and ask, does this make the game more fun or more tedioous? It takes courage to throw out features but sometimes it has to be done.

Try it ;).

Sorry for double reply but I just came up with an idea and I want to avoid a new thread for this.

How about releasing two versions of FM every year? One "pro" and one "normal". The pro version could basically be everything the FM.s after 2007 and the "normal", more lightweight ala CM03/04/FM2006. They could still share the underlying match engine/database, thus using the same developer resources.

Couldn't this work commersially as well? Maybe some would buy both just to have a version for heavier sessions and one for more "fun sessions". This would definately solve the issue with making difficulty options as well.

Something to ponder at least for the future.

nomis is the only person to understand me.

most of my mates who are not computer illiterate have simply said this is to hard and no fun. i'm all for games being challenging but at one point i had to ask myself why am i reading a text book and essentially studying/revising for a computer game.

(i also questioned my addiction to the game at that point)

i'd just like to repeat

i have read the tactics forum

i have read the TTF therom thingy

i have experiment for at least half a season with Arsenal, QPR, Crystal Palace & MK Dons

i'm not insulting the game i'm actually praising it for its realism and as such the level of knowledge now needed is most probably higher than that of the average punter.

which is why i posed the question should it have a difficulty setting.

For the people on the forum who enjoy the challenge the answer would be no.

For my little bro and his other 15 yr old mates who just wanna be their fav premiership team and go on an abromovich style spending spree and then win everything the answer would be yes

A very good thread, and some great points made. For me, only 2 difficulty levels would be needed. The current difficulty, and that of FM05. I conquered 05, and if I can then i'm sure almost anyone can. I have only played pre-season on 09 so far and has gone ok - but as soon as the season starts i'm sure I will struggle.

Furthermore just to add support to what Marcusjm said, the ability to turn certain options off at the start of the game like media etc would be a great idea. I personally think SI need to take a long hard look at alternative methods for FM2010 otherwise a lot of fans will leave, never to return - me included. I cannot dedicate so much time anymore to the game and want to play it for leisure in my leisure time. I don't want to have to trawl through forums, reading people theorums, downloading tactics - that's not what gaming is supposed to be about.

Maybe they should add a feature where you can't even apply for those jobs unless you have national reputation :).

And yes sm1979 I get that feeling from reading in other forums like fmsweden as well. Some love the complexity but just as many are getting tired of it. I am still playing FM2006 btw, I have 2007 but for some reason I prefer 2006, it's just the most fun version for me. Still thinking of getting the FHM version though, once they make lower league management feasible.

Having two versions with common database would also work for me :).

I took part in that thread, and you're probably suprised to see me on the other side of the fence these days :p

From what I remember the main aspects of the difficulty modules you suggested, were the options for expectations and finances, AFAIC that might have worked in 08, but wouldn't in 09. It would need to go much further, it's not as easy as just picking a big team anymore and IMO the same amount of time/effort needs to go into managing Man Utd as goes into managing Woking.

I think the point DJ Backchat is trying to make is being missed atm though. Is FM becoming an elitist game and pushing away it's younger/less experienced fans? Realism is all well and good, but it can go too far and I don't want to spend my evenings frustrated in front of a computer screen for hours on end.

I want to make it clear that I think FM09 is good, and come February i'll be singing it's praises, but we have to think about newcomers to the game and how difficulty can be offputting.

The T&T forum is often muted as the answer to everyones problems and of course a lot of issues can be fixed by having a quick flick through that forum and especially wwfan's work, but why should we have to? When the T&T is mentioned as an answer we're basically telling people that they need to brush up on their FM reading in order to be succesful/enjoy the game, and to me that negates the purpose of a computer game, which is essentially to create enjoyment.

I'm torn on the whole difficulty settings arguemnt, I used to be totally against it, but FM09 has brought me round a bit. I'm still mostly against it, but if we read the OP's question properly and consider his example of his younger brother, we have to agree that difficulty options may become a must in years to come.

I started playing FM when I was 14, i'm 25 now and struggling like mad with FM09. I know that if I had tried to play FM09 when I was 14, I would have given up by now and that's not waht anyone wants from FM.

I would normally be the person saying that, but I don't think it actually has much weight in the 09 difficulty argument.

IMO 09 is difficult in general, after many hours of gaming, the above will apply, but from the outset it is not the case.

As for relying on T&T to cope with the game, should that be necessary or does that just prove how difficult the game can be? I can't think of many other games, where the player should rely on forum advice in order to make it enjoyable/playable.

I agree with you.

sorry jayahar only joined a week ago and had never seen your thread before but i agree with you completely

No offense taken. Didn't mean to tell you that you should have done a search ffs or such, just wanted to point you at my idea of how it could be done :)

I took part in that thread, and you're probably suprised to see me on the other side of the fence these days :p

From what I remember the main aspects of the difficulty modules you suggested, were the options for expectations and finances, AFAIC that might have worked in 08, but wouldn't in 09. It would need to go much further, it's not as easy as just picking a big team anymore and IMO the same amount of time/effort needs to go into managing Man Utd as goes into managing Woking.

I think the point DJ Backchat is trying to make is being missed atm though. Is FM becoming an elitist game and pushing away it's younger/less experienced fans? Realism is all well and good, but it can go too far and I don't want to spend my evenings frustrated in front of a computer screen for hours on end.

I want to make it clear that I think FM09 is good, and come February i'll be singing it's praises, but we have to think about newcomers to the game and how difficulty can be offputting.

The T&T forum is often muted as the answer to everyones problems and of course a lot of issues can be fixed by having a quick flick through that forum and especially wwfan's work, but why should we have to? When the T&T is mentioned as an answer we're basically telling people that they need to brush up on their FM reading in order to be succesful/enjoy the game, and to me that negates the purpose of a computer game, which is essentially to create enjoyment.

I'm torn on the whole difficulty settings arguemnt, I used to be totally against it, but FM09 has brought me round a bit. I'm still mostly against it, but if we read the OP's question properly and consider his example of his younger brother, we have to agree that difficulty options may become a must in years to come.

I started playing FM when I was 14, i'm 25 now and struggling like mad with FM09. I know that if I had tried to play FM09 when I was 14, I would have given up by now and that's not waht anyone wants from FM.

I agree with you here.

My suggestions would not help if you cannot win even with a world-class side because you have to dig into the tactics area even deeper than reading and applying TT&F. Mine were more aimed at it being easier or more difficult to assemble or keep a world-class squad.

Also I agree that even reading TT&F should not be necessary for a casual gamer to reach some relative success at least, not speaking about having no success with a big side even thereafter :(

I suggestes the same thing last year for FM2008, then a few supertactics (KimZ for example) were developed, I started using them (together with the infamous corner routine) and achieved great success.

Yet, im FM09 so far no one has come up with a guaranteed-success-tactic, which is good in terms of realism of the game, I must say. Yet, I still think there should be different difficulty levels in the game. The reason? Here it goes:

Unlike some people here, who take days off their work or break up with their girlfriends to play FM, I have a life. I love this game, but the time I can spare for playing it is limited. And in my opinion, this game takes quite a lot of time to master. Since I can not afford that much time, I usually end up with bad results and in turn, I get upset. That's why there should be at least two difficulty levels (easy vs. normal) in the game. The only thing I am asking for in the easy mode is AI being a bit weaker. I am no expert in the field but I can guess that adding such a feature into the game is not very easy. Still, I'd love such an option for further releases. Because when I am playing FM, I want to have fun and believe me, losing most of time and not knowing what to do about it does the opposite.

For those who will say "it's your tactics, your schedules, your players, your team-talks, etc...": Yes, you are most certainly right. But I don't have much time to improve those. So, what about making life for me and people like me a bit easier, huh?

I agree fgu82 http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=70868 ;) I already spent quite a bit of time last year perfecting my 08 tactics, I don't intend on doing it again for 09.

30 mins of FM a night means I don't want to spend the next 4 months getting to grips with the game.

That's not to say that I won't enjoy 09, but for the first time in years I think I will be downloading a tactic when I see one I like, and not putting a lot of time into creating my own. People might consider it cheating, but I hoenstly don't have the time :rolleyes:

thankyou nomis only person to understand my question.

cos i can see a future where fifa manager gets its act together and the new users that SI games needs to continue growing as company jump ship to play the newer, flashier looking and easier game.

i'd also like to add the my lil bro and most of his mates play prem and championship academy standard football so its not like they're complete amateurs to tactics in a game

I'll disagree with you on the Fifa front. It would take a hell of a lot of work to bring it up to speed with FM08 let alone FM09. However, I do think more people will start to continue save games and perhaps buy every other year, or rely on seasonal updates.

I've never been against the idea, because it would be easy to keep it as is with a realistic setting and then an easier setting for more casual players. It would probably be beneficial to SI too, more sales from casual players.

I can understand newer players to FM will find it quite hard. Most long-time fans of the series can buy any new version and play straight away. I haven't even read the manual this year, although I do have one query on scouting which I'll look up later, but other than that I've just got in the chair and managed.

Rather than a difficulty level I would suggest more help in terms of hints and tips, either cheap hardcopy or an ebook, which would help newer/younger players a great deal.

Playing as a bigger team is easier in some respects, but only insomuch as it's easier to beat the smaller teams (usually). To WIN the league you are in is far harder than, say, if you are Middlesbrough, coming somewhere above 12th.

That said, for many players, searching the globe for bargains to boost your playing staff is not particularly enjoyable but there are many cheating 3rd party tools out there to help them with that (FM Modifier, Miniscout, etc), but there's not much in the way of tactical cheats that makes the game easier. Not sure how that would work.

If you have 4 hours a day you'll crack the game within a few months (at least I do) and then start on new challenges such as beginning games unemployed with no rep.

Seems to the OP is assuming everyone who plays wants an auto win button.

To be honest if you want easy mode go into the editor and cripple the AI teams (cause essentially thats what an easy mode thats being suggested would do) Even non forum going footy fans want realism, i remember a game called football world manager (years ago) in that i played Watford and won the PL and CL season after season, it was fun in its own way but totally ridiculous as it required no real skill at all.

I am currently playing as Man city and i consider that medium/average difficulty (like the second poster said) they have a decent squad and a huge budget but have many other issues to contend with. I am currently in 4th but dont expect to win the PL this season or even the next, our squad hasnt enough depth or quality for that, maybe in 3 seasons we may be able to mount a serious challenge.

If i wanted instant success i could have picked one of the top 4 and almost guarantee myself winning something in a season or two.

Just a side note about tactics ive found after reading the T&T pdf and some other good threads that attack is indeed the best form of defence in this version. If you go trying to block better teams out for 90 mins with no attempt to score it WILL NOT work, fortune seems to favour the brave in this version. I played and Arsenal and they robbed me in the 75th minute but we had almost as many chances as them, and i beat Liverpool 3-0 who stupidly played virtually a second string side against me and expected me to roll over.

I prefer this version, theres no definate results just like real football tbh

As an aside though SI should really sort out the manual for FM, its always rubbish and totally misleading which is what makes it harder to understand.

Rather than a difficulty level I would suggest more help in terms of hints and tips, either cheap hardcopy or an ebook, which would help newer/younger players a great deal.

When I say this, I mean the sort of things FMers will have picked up over the years, such as

- sending scouts to leagues that are 'playable' or where all players are loaded will yield more results than the basic database

- the mechanics of how press conferences affect morale

- how to elimintate the 'gap between defence and midfield' (something I've yet to discover but am sure I will soon).

- how to get rid of your staff early in the game (cos the board won't let you sack them if you leave it too long)

And a multitude of other things. With the forums decending into farce at times these days (petulance, swearing, angry rants) it's very difficult for newbies to find the info they need, and frankly if I wasn't a long-time user of the forums I'd probably not return after the abuse I've witnessed recently.

Those that say that 'Man Utd is easy mode' are totally missing the point of a difficulty level. Those who may want an easier game still may want to take Hyde United from the BSN to CL winners but not have the time, or skill to play the game that way without an easy level.

If I chose the easy level setting on Gears of War, I wouldn't expect to be at the final boss. I know thats an bad analogy but playing as Man Utd skips out everything you may want to achieve in the game. The players who don't want this setting would simply choose the realistic setting and see no difference.

Seems to the OP is assuming everyone who plays wants an auto win button.

I don't think that's the case at all, i'd go so far as saying you've missed the point of a majority of the post sin this thread (I don't mean that in a rude way :) ).

Nobody wants an auto win button, what we want is a chance to play a game of FM that doesn't require at least some previous knowledge of the game or extensive revision of the T&T forum.

Those that say that 'Man Utd is easy mode' are totally missing the point of a difficulty level. Those who may want an easier game still may want to take Hyde United from the BSN to CL winners but not have the time, or skill to play the game that way without an easy level.

If I chose the easy level setting on Gears of War, I wouldn't expect to be at the final boss. I know thats an bad analogy but playing as Man Utd skips out everything you may want to achieve in the game. The players who don't want this setting would simply choose the realistic setting and see no difference.

OK lets assume there was an easy mode as you say.

The only way it would work would be to cripple the AI in some way, or cripple their spending power, reputations etc etc all of which can be done via the editor in some way or another.

If you want a semi realistic game but want to take Hyde United to CL, just edit the files. Make out they got bought by some Billionaire, give them huge transfer funds, massive income, massive reputation etc etc

Its no more cheating than an easy mode would be.

I don't think that's the case at all, i'd go so far as saying you've missed the point of a majority of the post sin this thread (I don't mean that in a rude way :) ).

Nobody wants an auto win button, what we want is a chance to play a game of FM that doesn't require at least some previous knowledge of the game or extensive revision of the T&T forum.

I agree that the manual SI provide is woeful, tbh they should employ the guys who wrote the TT&F guide to write the manual and just explain things better than their usual vague explanations, but thats been the case forever in FM.

Those who say managing the top four is easy are wrong. Sure, the transfer market may be more accessible but the pressure to win EVERY game with those teams is higher. If you don't win the league on either first or second attempt then you'll be visiting the job centre very swiftly

In some ways SI can't win. My first CM game was CM 93/94 and I remember how easy it was to get into. CM2 was a little more advanced but was still easy to get into. I think when CM3 came out additional layers of complexity were added and it took a while to get to grips with. Slowly but surely the game has become more and more complex and it's not possible any longer to simply jump into a game and play without having spent hours/days/weeks (depending on your available free time) getting to grips with the game.

Ever since CM3 I've found myself doing a few test runs before finally picking a team and having a serious go at the game. With CM93/94 and CM2 (and its updates and European versions) I'd pick my first team and still be managing them months later. In fact I'd have multiple saves on the go which I would find difficult with FM 2009. The thing is though how many of us would be happy if the additional layers of complexity hadn't been added? Have too many layers been added? Should we even be handling things such as training? At this rate we'll be having to select diets for the players by FM 2011. Personally I still find the training rather vague and the scouts in the game aren't that great making the temptation to disable attribute masking all the more appealing.

Avelives, what you suggest would mean altering certain aspects of the game in which realism is required. Difficulty levels would maintain the essential aspects of realism, whilst also making it enjoyable and easier. Why can't we have a realistic game that is easy setting?

Crippling the AI in it's spending etc, is a simplistic view of difficulty modes, and not something that anyone in this thread has requested.

Also, you've missed the point of this thread again when you mention transfer funds. having mas amounts of money in the game is pointless unless you have a decent level of tactical know how, it may make the game easier, but without tactical knowledge it will have little or no bearing on how easy the game is.

If you want a semi realistic game but want to take Hyde United to CL, just edit the files. Make out they got bought by some Billionaire, give them huge transfer funds, massive income, massive reputation etc etc

Its no more cheating than an easy mode would be.

But that may not be how people want to play the game. An easy mode isn't cheating. An easy mode allows people to play the game how they want, while having the possibility of being successful. Casual gamers don't want to cheat, they just want to play an easier game and with casual gaming becoming more and more popular - they may see the difficulty of FM as a major turn off. I know that I've stopped playing games before because I just couldn't get past a certain part.

Maybe an easy difficulty option could give you an assistant manager and backroom staff who really know their stuff and point you in the right direction (and you could ask them for advice) when things go seriously wrong? In essence you'd be getting a lot of assistance rather than having the AI toned down.

But that may not be how people want to play the game. An easy mode isn't cheating. An easy mode allows people to play the game how they want, while having the possibility of being successful. Casual gamers don't want to cheat, they just want to play an easier game and with casual gaming becoming more and more popular - they may see the difficulty of FM as a major turn off. I know that I've stopped playing games before because I just couldn't get past a certain part.

How is doing what i suggested (editing the small teams resources and reputation etc) any different from a proposed easy mode?

I never suggested either was cheating, i just its 'no more' cheating than an easy mode would be.

An easy mode would have to cripple the AI teams or boost your team in order to work which is EXACTLY what editing the data files does. I personally havent done this but if i wanted to take some non league team to the EPL and found it impossible i would have no issues giving myself some help.

I really don't understand the arguments of those who are against it!

If you don't support the idea, then you'd stick to the "normal" option in case it's implemented. Other than that, why should it bother you? Why are you making decisions on my behalf? And an "easy" mode would definitely not mean winning all time. It would just make things a bit easier than they are right now. No one in their sane mind can deny the fact that the game is getting harder every year, and to some people it spoils the fun.

How is doing what i suggested (editing the small teams resources and reputation etc) any different from a proposed easy mode?

I never suggested either was cheating, i just its 'no more' cheating than an easy mode would be.

An easy mode would have to cripple the AI teams or boost your team in order to work which is EXACTLY what editing the data files does. I personally havent done this but if i wanted to take some non league team to the EPL and found it impossible i would have no issues giving myself some help.

It affects realism, which means that players using easy mode aren't playing the same game. Essentially using a difficulty mode, everyone should be playing the same game, the only difference is how difficult it is :D When you start editing details, you're making different games and not everyone wants that.

I don't want to play an FM that has three different sets of attributes, transfer funds etc. I want to play an FM that has different difficulty levels, with all the same details, but one is easier than the other :p What your suggesting is leaving others at a disadvantage, which isn't fair.

I think the best (if slightly implausible) way to implement the "easy" mode would be to simplify tactics. For instance in easy mode the number of notches on a tactics bar is decreased or certain tactical aspects have less of a direct effect on the game. This would keep the tactical side of the game whilst making it easier to come up with a competent set up.

The mention of stunting teams budgets or players is valid to a point but it still doesn't change the underlying issue which is the player in question is unable to get a stong enough grip on the tactics system, Liverpool with no money are still Liverpool after all and will walk all over a manager who does not possess the time or know how to create a good tactic.

1) It's cheating

2) It takes away the sense of realism ie the real situation of lower league clubs

It wouldn't affect you anyway, because it would be an option.

It just is not needed and would kill some of realism, and as someone has already said if you want it easy you can just edit the database.

This argument about realism irks me, we're playing a game in which we are football managers yet we give off about unrealistic stuff :D Also why does it bother you so much? It won't directly affect you, unless you're the type of person who gets annoyed by how other people live their life/play their games :confused:

As for editing the database it's a totally redundant argument. People want to play the same game, but they want it to be easier, there is no need to alter things and force people to play a different game in order to accomodate difficulty settings.

It affects realism, which means that players using easy mode aren't playing the same game. Essentially using a difficulty mode, everyone should be playing the same game, the only difference is how difficult it is :D When you start editing details, you're making different games and not everyone wants that.

I don't want to play an FM that has three different sets of attributes, transfer funds etc. I want to play an FM that has different difficulty levels, with all the same details, but one is easier than the other :p What your suggesting is leaving others at a disadvantage, which isn't fair.

Now youve lost me, how can a Single player game leave others at a disadvantage??

As long as you are enjoying it, then who cares.

With respect it seems that you want an easy mode while still being able to feel like you havent 'cheated' where as looking at it logically any mode below normal would be just the same as editing files to your own benefit.

How on earth would you suggest an 'easy mode' to work then? What would it actually do, please explain cause im not getting your argument here.

1) It's cheating

2) It takes away the sense of realism ie the real situation of lower league clubs

It wouldn't affect you anyway, because it would be an option.

Picking up your example of GOW earlier Neji. I'm terrible at a majority of games, but I love Silent Hill and I always play it on easy mode, I get exactly the same game, but it's easier. There is no need to make me have superpowers or alter it so as I never die, it's just easier, but remains the same game.

Concur with Neji, give people options then it becomes a non issue.

I retain my idea of keeping two versions of the game OR simply release updates for older FM games so people can buy them if they prefer it.

What find strange is how almost 90% of the polls indicates that CM 01/02 (followed by 03/04/FM2006) ranks as the best Manager game to date, why not leverage this fact and have at least one version with that target group in mind?

01/02 wins these polls due to it's simplicity not because it has 20000 options with no real bearing on the game.

You want ultimate realism then you can simply buy season tickets to your team of choice ;).

Archived