Anyone actually finding FM09 to be boring??

This is by no means a rant or anything along those lines, I have loved CM/FM for a long long time, and I also really looked forward to the latest version. But for some reason I just can't get into it. It just seems the same as FM08, I appreciate that they have improved the trasfer system, there is the press conference (which gets very old very quickly) and the 3d. The 3d is good but it isn't so impressive- there is no atmosphere at all, in a way it feels more fake than the 2d... at least with the 2d you could imagine the game- now its there in 3d but its just a little lame.

Maybe its just me, but am wondering if there are many others who are a little bored with the laster ver? To be honest I can't pinpoint why I don't like it so much, but I think its due to it basically being FM08 in disguise and I played that one to death.

I think you may be right, I don't like starting as a big team- try to work my way up from the lower leagues... I started as Accrington Stanley mid way through the season, just missed out on the play-offs (took them from 17th to 8th between Jan-May), but just not having the same amount of fun I had with Darlington on FM08. I'll probably give it another shot sometime.

i think with me i got so excited with the game release then with all that happened on launch day i lost my interest and excitement.

it took 13 hours to register so at 1am i had a few hours but was scared to properly get into it incase it crashed or couldnt re-load the game like what was happening to others.

and also my graphics card isnt good enough and apparently i cant upgrade it without buying a new motherboard so i cant play in 3d. to me its no different to fm08 and i was still playing that up until the night before release.

it doesnt feel like a new game. which is a major shame

i think with me i got so excited with the game release then with all that happened on launch day i lost my interest and excitement.

it took 13 hours to register so at 1am i had a few hours but was scared to properly get into it incase it crashed or couldnt re-load the game like what was happening to others.

and also my graphics card isnt good enough and apparently i cant upgrade it without buying a new motherboard so i cant play in 3d. to me its no different to fm08 and i was still playing that up until the night before release.

it doesnt feel like a new game. which is a major shame

Why should it feel like a complete new game? It is well known that each year they add and tune features and this time you get 3D, plus press conferences and journalist relationships plus a lot of tuning under the hood. Certainly it feels and plays like FM before but with more features.

Of course, you could miss one version and not missing too much out but I think FM 09 is going to shine more than ever before in the long run.

i played demo and liked it.. the last FM i played was 06 and i was pretty addicted to that one.... I believe i`ll be addicted to the FM09 also(btw. I always choose small teams and try to get them far, this way i kind of have A LOT OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS to do(promotion, finding cheap talent , building team for many seasons to come etc.. , unlike picking ARSENAL and your only accomplishment to be 1st place in Premiership and winning the CUPS), i still didnt get the game because i was waiting for the MAC DOWNLOAD version which seems to be DELAYED (no explanations from SI).

FM09 is the best game from the series, but when your CPU shows permanently 100% for FM, the results from your league are calculated in 3 min for 6 games, and you play a match in 15 min it becomes very boring. This happens even if you have the RECOMMENDED requirements, not the minimum.

Haven't bought FM09 yet, but I've got a great game of FM08 going with Roma, this is the first time since owning this game that I've become hooked with it. It happens every year to me though, just as a new game comes out I start beginning to suss the old one out and give up and buy the new version, well as I'm not buying FM09 yet, I'm finally enjoying playing FM08 for the first time since buying it last year.

Hmm. It's MUCH slower. Much more sluggish. Much less responsive. The press conferences were tedious by the time I'd finished the demo, let alone how bad they are three seasons in.

It certainly feels more of a drag to "play". But it's still FM. Not sure which is winning the battle right now.

Yep, only so much realism is good.

Transfers are daft, John Terry scoring a hatrick of 30 yarders is dafe, battering team for 90 mins and conceeding a goal (every other game) is daft.

I dont have that addictivness there anymore. I normally jump outa bed asoon as i wake up then go to bed a rediculous o'clock, know i do neither

yh i refuse to play as anyone but stoke (stubborn me) :) but this year it deosn't feel good as all i am working towards is survival not the title or anything i have started another game as bromly but that is not really interesting at the moment either but it should improve ... hopefully

Also starting an online game soon so that will keep me motivated to play it

That will definately help - I have a game going with my brother (I'm Fulham and he's Man City) which is brilliant but when I play by myself I get bored really easily and often play 1-2 games before quitting.

Archived