Refund

this sucks this is probably the worst game i have ever played the game is INCOMPLETE as there is so many bugs not only that but in general the game just plays like a bag of s*** its awful and i have been a fan of this game since cm2 even worse though is i am now stuck with a game that i dont want and cant get a refund because i got the game via steam which meens that basically i am stuffed

i even played the demo but nothing out of the ordinary happened untill i got the full game

wish id got from the shops now at least i would have been able to get a refund

this stinks:mad::thdn:

cant refund pc games at the shops if you dont like it... it needs to have a proven fault

the fault is the game its not technically complete because of all the bugs ive never know anything like it never have i had to stop playing a game because of so many bugs

this sucks this is probably the worst game i have ever played the game is INCOMPLETE as there is so many bugs not only that but in general the game just plays like a bag of s*** its awful and i have been a fan of this game since cm2 even worse though is i am now stuck with a game that i dont want and cant get a refund because i got the game via steam which meens that basically i am stuffed

i even played the demo but nothing out of the ordinary happened untill i got the full game

Firstly tell us your specs. The problem with the game might actually be at your end. Secondly if you havent already done it then download and install the patch. Finally since its near to christmas ask Santa for some punctuation! Your rant was very difficult to read.

game runs fine for me, just the odd minor bugs, some funny ones but nothing that spoils the game imo. If your getting game crashes and stuff i would think it may be your PC.

i dont get crashes i can see where your comin from but the facts are (i dont meen this to sound funny) my laptop is an acer aspire 5920 less than a year old serviced just 3 months ago plus im a comptia a+ it engineer and would have no probs in sorting the problems out if it were to do with my laptop which i no it isnt

Firstly tell us your specs. The problem with the game might actually be at your end. Secondly if you havent already done it then download and install the patch. Finally since its near to christmas ask Santa for some punctuation! Your rant was very difficult to read.

sorry if my english isnt good enough for you;)

sorry if my english isnt good enough for you;)

should really say when i said that the game plays like a bag of **** i meen its just a poor game not that it runs slow cause it dosnt it runs very well its just generally a poor game fm08 i feel is much better and will probably continue with that untill a second patch is released for 09

You would be entitled to a refund so don't worry about that, few things to look at

- Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

-It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

-Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

-If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time".

few bits for those worried about not getting a refund.

Taken from and relevant legislation Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

But are you really going to get a refund or post next week about more problems as that seems to be quite common on GQ. :D

You would be entitled to a refund so don't worry about that, few things to look at

- Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

-It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

-Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

-If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time".

few bits for those worried about not getting a refund.

Taken from and relevant legislation Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

But are you really going to get a refund or post next week about more problems as that seems to be quite common on GQ. :D

you sir are a gentleman many thanks for this and yep i will probably go ahead and get a refund

Slightly straying from the main topic of this thread, what happens if people trade this game in at a games shop, for a few quid, having used all/some of the 5 download slots?

I think this new system has created a lot more problems than it's solved!

i agree with you there while applaud si for trying to stop piracy of there own software i think they could've gone about it differently not sure how but must have been a different way:confused:

Everyone has the right to their own opinion.. but this game for me is one of the best..

And if you were a fan of cm2 then you would remember the issues with cm4 and in my opinion what was the worst game released by SI and in the end with all the fixes it was okay to play..

Everyone has the right to their own opinion.. but this game for me is one of the best..

And if you were a fan of cm2 then you would remember the issues with cm4 and in my opinion what was the worst game released by SI and in the end with all the fixes it was okay to play..

i will agree there cm4 was shocking but i still found it playable after all you did get time to make a coffee whilst waiting for the game to process;)

Seeing as the only two things you've purchased are a) a license and b) a physical CD, I'm not sure how this is relevant, unless the CD itself is faulty.

Was itching to hear that, I so needed a full stop or a comma there!

Slightly straying from the main topic of this thread, what happens if people trade this game in at a games shop, for a few quid, having used all/some of the 5 download slots?

I think this new system has created a lot more problems than it's solved!

There's supposed to be a URL you can go to to clear slots but it hasn't been set up or made active yet. Would imagine you'd have to input the code.

i m actually looking for a refund... i pre order the game without knowing that STEAM does not support the mac version of the game... i have contacted STEAM over the past few days and i m not getting any replies...

i m in limbo... as i cant download the game and i dun want to own 2 copies of the game if i go purchase one and they decide to send me a cd version of the game instead of getting a refund (i dunno if thats possible)..

any advice?

i m actually looking for a refund... i pre order the game without knowing that STEAM does not support the mac version of the game... i have contacted STEAM over the past few days and i m not getting any replies...

i m in limbo... as i cant download the game and i dun want to own 2 copies of the game if i go purchase one and they decide to send me a cd version of the game instead of getting a refund (i dunno if thats possible)..

any advice?

Steam have horrific customer service, keep emailing them until you get a reply, otherwise you'll be waiting for weeks.

Is this like a cut and paste that's stored somewhere special? Every year this exact post appears, nearly unchanged, the only question being *who* is going to say it...

Sheesh...

Is this like a cut and paste that's stored somewhere special? Every year this exact post appears, nearly unchanged, the only question being *who* is going to say it...

Sheesh...

You've missed the irony, somebody who thinks the demo was faultless but the patched game is incomplete:D

Seeing as the only two things you've purchased are a) a license and b) a physical CD, I'm not sure how this is relevant, unless the CD itself is faulty.

The Sale of Goods Act and relevant statutory legislation applies to software licences, and terms are automatically implied by law as to ownership, fitness for purpose and merchantability. These provisions of the Sale of Goods Act may be disclaimed in commercial contracts, but not in packaged software sales to consumers.

Lucky you !!! this is an utter disgrace I really dont know how Sports Interactive get away with it. I think they simply know how loyal the following is for this game and are using that to serve up a load of half-baked tripe... makes me sick.

The demo worked fine for me, the game worked fine now I have downloaded the patch it wont even open. Absolute joke

Archived