Well done SI

Just want to say weel done SI this game is great ok there is a few bugs but it is a demo and FFA 09 is full of bugs, bugs are in nearly every game and can be solved.

The 3D is ok but I will stick with 2D which is fab and the press conferances are fab. I have almost finished my half a season as Villa manager and I have had no real problems, There has been no stupid scorelines and the game has ran smoothly and I only just met the Specs.

Ok people have ahd problems but if my agme runs ok then it cant really be the game I agree the injury bug is a bit annoying but I had a think about it and it could be a database problem more than a bug because in the editor you can change the ratio at which injuries occur maybe SI put this as a hig number if so it will be easy to change.

Overall as I siad I am impressed and so far I have no major problems well done SI

i cant believe the amount of bitching going on and how many fikkle people there are. a few minor glitches and people are contemplating give up FM, i however can see past these into the beauty that is FM, i love the 3d touch, what we've been waiting for, Kudos to SI for their dedication to keep innovating and moving the game forward!!!

Thanks

Yeahh, that demos pretty, infact i love it...

Cheers guys (Y)

I agree with above posters....have been playing FM for 10 years odd....also played Ultimate football mangager which also used 3D....this is the best ive seen....very impressed and once the official release and patch arrive on the 14th all will be grand in the world...

Well done SI.

Brian.

The game looks as solid as ever. If you've been around on these forums as long as I have you'll know by now there always is an influx of moaners. The issues will be sorted and all will be fine :)

One thing I want to note...the 3D is no where near as bad as people are making it out to be, its not bad at all...its much better than I expected, only problem is players holding onto ball just standing there...that is a very minor thing, apart from that...brilliant.

I didn't think my specs would be good enough for 3D but it doesn't run too badly which i'm happy about. I'm really enjoying it so far apart from the number of injuries, which is the main problem for me. Once this has been fixed I think it will be the best version in a long time. Loving the press conferences :thup:

I didn't think my specs would be good enough for 3D but it doesn't run too badly which i'm happy about. I'm really enjoying it so far apart from the number of injuries, which is the main problem for me. Once this has been fixed I think it will be the best version in a long time. Loving the press conferences :thup:

I've seen a couple of people who said they really worked at avoiding injuries pre season, getting fitness coaches, rotating players etc, and they claim to have cracked it.

Haven't had enough spare time yet but that will certainly be my approach.

yep from what i played of the demo im pretty happy with it. 3D wont work on my laptop but i tried it on my home PC and im happy to keep using 2D.

the patch on release day will be good so that we can all get straight into that tricky first season :D

this thread is a breath of fresh air from the rest of the topics on the forum atm!!!

p.s anyone notice a difference with transfer system? seems same to me, lol. still loving it tho!

The difference is under the hood, it's nothing that is immediately going to hit you.

Players seem easier to buy. I had a fairly large shopping list, and managed to get the players I wanted at fairly reasonable prices. Had to pay a little over the odds but nothing too silly. Others are saying selling is easier too, especially with young players.

I've seen a couple of people who said they really worked at avoiding injuries pre season, getting fitness coaches, rotating players etc, and they claim to have cracked it.

Haven't had enough spare time yet but that will certainly be my approach.

This could be the problem. I didn't change the training at all and it was my assistant who took care of friendlies. The injury problem affects the AI as well, I was looking at the injury table and 12 teams had more than 5 injuries and 3 had more than 10. This does seem like quite a lot.

I've been reading this forum for a large part of the day and I do think people are being over critical. Having played the demo for a good 2 hours, I do understand some of the critisism. There are too many injuries IMO and 3d does need refining but these are things that are not beyond repair. Its quite simple really, if you dont like the 3d, dont use it, nobody is holding a gun to anyones head forcing them to use it.

SI put a lot of time and effort into their product as I imagine they would be quite hurt at some of the critisism labeled at them on this forum today. People threatening to boycott the game are just being silly. CM4 suffered with the same problems when there was a major new feature, its a fact that any new software will have teething problems when such a major change is implemented (the baggage handling system at Heathrow comes to mind). One thing for certain is that Miles and the guys will read every piece of constructive critisism and take it on board in an attempt to improve the game. I think they are to be applauded for attemting to take the product to the next level. It would have been so easy to have just released a data update, an extra couple of leagues and a few cosmetic changes, but, as with the 2d view in CM4, they will get things right over time, we all know that as we've seen its progress.

FM is unique in my experience where customers (us) can actually interact with the developer in such a close way. We should welcome the way that SI communicate information to us, how many other software houses would release information of a patch 2 weeks before a title is released (before the smart comments come in saying that a patch shouldnt need be released at the same time as the original, get real!). Remember, this is our game, 1000s of us do the research that makes its way into the game, even more of us use these forums to bounce ideas of how we can improve the game. SI as just the bunch of guys who sit there and make our dreams reality, they are as passionate about the game as we are.

In summary, by all means, voice your concerns if something doesnt work as it should but keep it in perspective, this is still by far the best footy management sim on the market and its only going to get better.

Just want to say weel done SI this game is great ok there is a few bugs but it is a demo and FFA 09 is full of bugs, bugs are in nearly every game and can be solved.

correction fifa 09 isn't full of bugs, fifa series (both the maganement game and the arc...err "simulation" game included) is a bug as a whole :p

on the note i know si has best intentions but i must say i was first disappointed with announcement of 3d because i feared the direction fm series was going, and now after playing the demo i am disappointed with the 3d engine and some aspects of the game but i am confident that in a couple of years it will be playable at least.

I love it! I think the 3d is brill and even my missus thinks it is much better and looks like a proper manager game!!! Keep up the good work miles and the team. You must always remember that you will never ever please everyone.

Cheers

Adam

i agree with the OP. I think the 3D is good. I mean it's not been added to FM for the way its look regards to the details of the players, but it's supposed to be used as a tactics tool to help you see how your team are doing with a 3D feel about it. Yes it looks as if the players are skating on ice etc.. but i much prefer it and actually enjoy watching extended highlights now!..

Agree the injury thing does need looking at but I'm sure a patch will sort this out soon.

I'll be buying the game... heck I have done even in the past when the game was supposed to be "un-playable"

One small bug also... or maybe not a bug but i have a rubbish scout :( ... Pre-match notes my scout says "Arsenal don't play a particular passing style and that they play direct football" ;)

Archived