How to make a key player happy?

There is no quick way of getting a player to like you or become happy....unless they sign a new contract so you may have to wait till end of contract and see if he will sign new one or just sell him and replace with sakho.

Welcome to the forums

"Praise him" isn't always the best advice.

My star striker declared me to be his favorite personnel after I *criticised* him, saying his performance was sub-par, and then when he bagged two and got a 9 in the next match, I said "There's still more to come and I hope to get that out of him."

He agreed with both comments, reached Superb morale, named me his favorite personnel, and agreed an extended contract.

The key is "personality type"; if your guy tends to respond well to "Disappointed" at half-time, "I expect a performance" and "Pick Up Where You Left Off", then he won't appreciate gratuitous praise.

Other things you can do include asking him to recommend backroom staff; usually if you take his advice, that makes him much happier. Also, setting up a successful tutoring partnership will make him happier.

For older players, find the role that they prefer after retiring, and suggest that he'd be good at that.

So, its complex.

I'd suggest you find the "Communication and Psychological Warfare" article over in Tactics & Training Tips forum - its got some good tricks you may want to use.

I have this problem with a few players, unfortunately I hadn't played for a few months so forgot if there's any tricks, so I'm just playing them as often as possible and hoping for the best. Luckily I have a good amount of money so don't NEED to sell them for a profit.

Archived