Starting to notice a pattern... (FM2009 prediction)

DISCLAIMER: I haven't been playing FM that long, only since 2005.

I have noticed patterns in the inefficiencies (read bugs) of the football manger series. Basically, the defects that people complain about are completely reversed.

Using that logic, my bug prediction for Football Manger 2009 are:

1. Players are too good when they are too old (35+)

2. Transfers are too low/easy

3. Youngsters training is too effective and can be shaped too much,

4. Regen have too good physcial stats

5. No goals will be scored after 85 minutes

6. It will be impossible to score from corners

7. Players that mentor younger players will get on like a house of fire too often.

8. Physical stats will be irrelevant

9. Your tactic will fail with no wingers

10. AI keepers will be too inept.

I have had a shandy!

I have to say i disagree with some points.

1. Players are too good when they are too old (35+) - Luis Figo, Filipo Inzaghi and Didi Hamann all lost their ability to play at the highest level on my games when they hit 35. Thats generally all i've experienced of over 35s as i usally look to sell players when they pass their peak age.

2. Transfers are too low/easy - Depends on who you're going for. Big players are hard to sign but average/good players are easy to sign if you match the price the club want.

3. Youngsters training is too effective and can be shaped too much - I just thought it was because i had good players :|

4. Regen have too good physcial stats - Some do.

5. No goals will be scored after 85 minutes - I wouldn't say no goals are scored, i've seen 2 or 3 in the last 5 minutes.

6. It will be impossible to score from corners - Dont be silly, tell the taker to put the corners into the 6 yard box, put one man on the keeper, one on back post, one on front post and then rest attacking from deep and you'll score loads.

7. Players that mentor younger players will get on like a house of fire too often - Why is this bad? I doubt there's going to be a bust up between Ronaldo at Man Utd and any of the other youngsters. They are a team and everyone is everyone elses best friend.

8. Physical stats will be irrelevant - Pace and acceleration aren't, but surely this time we will be able to see strength better with the 3d engine.

9. Your tactic will fail with no wingers - I've always used wingers so wouldn't know. This could be realistic because it would be so easy for the team to get down the side of you.

10. AI keepers will be too inept - Some keepers are very injury prone, it depends on the player i think.

I have to say i disagree with some points.

1. Players are too good when they are too old (35+) - Luis Figo, Filipo Inzaghi and Didi Hamann all lost their ability to play at the highest level on my games when they hit 35. Thats generally all i've experienced of over 35s as i usally look to sell players when they pass their peak age.

2. Transfers are too low/easy - Depends on who you're going for. Big players are hard to sign but average/good players are easy to sign if you match the price the club want.

3. Youngsters training is too effective and can be shaped too much - I just thought it was because i had good players :|

4. Regen have too good physcial stats - Some do.

5. No goals will be scored after 85 minutes - I wouldn't say no goals are scored, i've seen 2 or 3 in the last 5 minutes.

6. It will be impossible to score from corners - Dont be silly, tell the taker to put the corners into the 6 yard box, put one man on the keeper, one on back post, one on front post and then rest attacking from deep and you'll score loads.

7. Players that mentor younger players will get on like a house of fire too often - Why is this bad? I doubt there's going to be a bust up between Ronaldo at Man Utd and any of the other youngsters. They are a team and everyone is everyone elses best friend.

8. Physical stats will be irrelevant - Pace and acceleration aren't, but surely this time we will be able to see strength better with the 3d engine.

9. Your tactic will fail with no wingers - I've always used wingers so wouldn't know. This could be realistic because it would be so easy for the team to get down the side of you.

10. AI keepers will be too inept - Some keepers are very injury prone, it depends on the player i think.

The original post was sarcastic you clever, clever man.

3. Youngsters training is too effective and can be shaped too much,

6. It will be impossible to score from corners.

3: I'm a very successful talent developer and have never had trouble shaping and developing young players.

6: I never score from corners anyways D:

..............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....

...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................

......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................

..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................

................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................

................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................

.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................

...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................

.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................

.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................

.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...

...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........

...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............

.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,

.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........

..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........

......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........

........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

..............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....

...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................

......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................

..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................

................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................

................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................

.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................

...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................

.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................

.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................

.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...

...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........

...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............

.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,

.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........

..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........

......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........

........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

That's cool. But so blatantly copied off a website.

The original post is clearly tongue in cheek...

People need to lighten up on here, no need to be so defensive over everything ;)

Have you seen the jibberish on these forums lately? It's hard to know who's serious and who isn't at the moment!

Archived