Euro 2016 expanded to 24 teams

mm007

"UEFA has agreed to expand the European Championship to 24 teams starting in 2016, Franz Beckenbauer said yesterday. "

Same as the UEFA Cup discussion changes (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=41574&highlight=uefa) - where apparently SI will incorporate the change in the game... hopefully! - i would like to know what the SI position is going to be on this.

I.e. will the game assimilate this change? - though i believe it wil be harder to do i admit...

Thx!

Ok, so how will the FM 2009 Game assimilate these? If at all... would be goof to know, since the game is not out yet, and probably would still be possible to incorporate this in the game.. same as with the new UEFA Format...

Hello SI Moderators? I'd appreciate some feeback on this please...

From an existing long year customer! Ty.

"It is much more profitable to work to retain existing customers than to beat the bushes for new customers."

Ok, so how will the FM 2009 Game assimilate these? If at all... would be goof to know, since the game is not out yet, and probably would still be possible to incorporate this in the game.. same as with the new UEFA Format...

This will not be in FM09. I think it is too late. I would be surprised to see Joe Kinnear at Newcastle in FM09. It is out on Nov 14th, they need to get the finished article tried and tested for a couple of weeks before they can box them all up, send them around the country/world into the shops probably a week or 2 before, so it doesn't leave them with enough time to do it. Of course, i could be wrong though

Hello SI Moderators? I'd appreciate some feeback on this please...

From an existing long year customer! Ty.

"It is much more profitable to work to retain existing customers than to beat the bushes for new customers."

You asked a question midday on a friday, relatively close to release. This time of year the people with answers are a tad busy. Giving them 5 working hours to answer then throwing your dummy out the pram is extremely poor form.

Will you stop buying FM if you don't get an answer on a non working day? Or within 5 working hours of posting on their forum, in a general discussion area?

If so, you must be running out of developers to buy from, as SI are by far the best I've seen in this regard.

If not, your quote is about as useful as the quote i'll end this post with.

"I really really really want a Zigga-Zig-Ah!" - Spicegirls.

This will not be in FM09. I think it is too late. I would be surprised to see Joe Kinnear at Newcastle in FM09. It is out on Nov 14th, they need to get the finished article tried and tested for a couple of weeks before they can box them all up, send them around the country/world into the shops probably a week or 2 before, so it doesn't leave them with enough time to do it. Of course, i could be wrong though

minor things like a managerial change at a big club will probably make it into the game until the day they lock down the database, which is probably only just before they go gold.

But yeah, depending when this was officially announced, it may well not make the game, at least until a big patch later on.

You asked a question midday on a friday, relatively close to release. This time of year the people with answers are a tad busy. Giving them 5 working hours to answer then throwing your dummy out the pram is extremely poor form.

Will you stop buying FM if you don't get an answer on a non working day? Or within 5 working hours of posting on their forum, in a general discussion area?

If so, you must be running out of developers to buy from, as SI are by far the best I've seen in this regard.

If not, your quote is about as useful as the quote i'll end this post with.

"I really really really want a Zigga-Zig-Ah!" - Spicegirls.

Sounds like someone has the moderator fever here... or wishfull thinking of being one! If I am not talking to you, then i am not really interested in your reply... got that smartie pants?

Sounds like someone has the moderator fever here... or wishfull thinking of being one! If I am not talking to you, then i am not really interested in your reply... got that smartie pants?

If you are not interested in anyone's reply other than SI's then why post on the forum? Why not email them?

I would be almost certain that the Champions League and UEFA Cup changes are in the game as they were announced ages ago.

Joe Kinnear is only manager until the end of October, anyway ;)

Forums are there to listen to customers enquiries and wishes. FM has always developed and gotten better through customer feedback and enquiries posted on forums since ever. So given this, its fair to expect a reaction here, given that it also affects all FM players. I normally play 10-20 seasons as many will do I'm sure... so this is a matter of interest for many. Thats why a public answer would be very welcome.

The Q is actually quite simple, and regards the Euro Championships and not CL or UEFA...

p.s. i do recognise that this might not be incorporated due to time frames, but its still good to know if yes or no.

6 groups of 4 winners qualify

and the best 2 second place teams also go through, that how they did it in the world cup when there were 24 teams.

Between Mexico 1986 and USA 1994 was 6 groups of 4, winners and runners up qualify and 4 best 3rd place teams to qualify.

Joe Kinnear is only manager until the end of October, anyway ;)

Yeah good point. When the game comes out i wonder who they will have as Newcastle manager? Kinnear would of been and gone by then. Will they put it in his history that he was their " interim manager " for 6 games, 2 of which he is banned?

Archived