result against bigger club cant be ignored

wardog

shockhorrorws3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Ok i just had a game against Real Madrid in the CL, im Rangers and my CL performances over the past 4 years havent been all that up to standards. I lost 3-1 at the Bernabeau despite putting up a very good performance and the board are going nuts for it.

yea i dont think ive looked at the confidence screen since the demo, and it wasnt so much that they would sack me it was more of a FFS what do you want from me? kind on moment.

I can understand that ;)

Just something you have to get used to really, it used to annoy me to the max but you learn to live with it.

It makes me laugh when I win 6 or 7-0 against an average-good team and the confidence bar for the match isn't full! What would be good enough for them!?

It all depends on who you're beating 6 or 7-0, but yah I guess you're right, sometimes the confidence can be rediculous.

I had an odd one the other day which shows how undeveloped it was. I beat Lazio 4-0 in the Coppa Italia Qtr Final 1st leg...so for the 2nd leg i rested a few players and lost 2-1...but went through 5-2 on aggregate. The confidence screen said they were pleased with my management etc etc...pleased with our league postition....but were unhappy with my 5-2 Coppa Italia aggregate WIN over Lazio lol

I had an odd one the other day which shows how undeveloped it was. I beat Lazio 4-0 in the Coppa Italia Qtr Final 1st leg...so for the 2nd leg i rested a few players and lost 2-1...but went through 5-2 on aggregate. The confidence screen said they were pleased with my management etc etc...pleased with our league postition....but were unhappy with my 5-2 Coppa Italia aggregate WIN over Lazio lol

Yeah, let's be honest. SI got board confidence wrong on FM08. And spectacularly.

Yeah, let's be honest. SI got board confidence wrong on FM08. And spectacularly.

yeh, i see it as a massive shame, because if well implemented it could be an impressive feature, but like msadler04's example, the only look at the result and reputation of the opposition. if it has been improved, it would be brilliant to see "the fans are happy with the way the youngsters gave a good account for themselves in the 2-1 loss to lazio, and hope they will see some of these players feature more in the future" or something similar.

the fact that the fans are only disappointed or happy, rather than satisfied needs to be looked at too. eg, an away draw at stamford bridge is good for pretty much any team, regardless of inaccuracy in front of goal or chances they had against you.

obviously there's an equation that calculates the percentage of the bar, but it's clear that more variables need to be considered

Archived