5 new details of FM09 released in the podcast!: Regens Post

Smac

R/E: Podcast #1 of fall 2008. There are other threads on other podcasts.

I've only listened up to the first 'exclusive content' part. Its quite exciting for long term players. Terrific stuff!

Podcast Content

Wow! More detail "exclusive to the podcast" is right!

Player Development Models improved: This is exactly what I've been hoping to hear.

1. Some Wonderkids start off with higher CA, and clubs realize sooner what they have.

2. Variation to training curve for players. I've been asking for this, and didn't expect it. Very good addition!

3. More effect of training schedule on development (was too smoothed out recently).

Discuss.

Did they say anything about how fast they'll develop? Will the majority of players with high potential be able to play in the Premiership when they're around 20?

That's something that always has been a issue but it was extreme in FM08. IRL we have plenty of players around 19-20 that plays in the top divisions but not in FM.

Feature #2:

FML style "out of position" indicator on tactics screen.

Feature #3: Decimal match ratings. Also like FML

Feature #4: Goals after 90 minutes will display as "90 +3" etc..

Feature #5: AI managers take players on trial

Feature #6: ??

I've only listened up to the first 'exclusive content' part. Its quite exciting for long term players. Terrific stuff!

Podcast Content

Wow! More detail "exclusive to the podcast" is right!

Player Development Models improved: This is exactly what I've been hoping to hear.

1. Some Wonderkids start off with higher CA, and clubs realize sooner what they have.

2. Variation to training curve for players. I've been asking for this, and didn't expect it. Very good addition!

3. More effect of training schedule on development (was too smoothed out recently).

Discuss.

Are you having a joke? I just watched the whole podcast and never heard anything about what you posted above.

Did they say anything about how fast they'll develop? Will the majority of players with high potential be able to play in the Premiership when they're around 20?

That's something that always has been a issue but it was extreme in FM08. IRL we have plenty of players around 19-20 that plays in the top divisions but not in FM.

Well not specifically of course, but the idea is that yes, because some kids will develop significantly earlier (the Bojans of the world), and also because the development curve has variation, that we should see more realistic developments of players.

Feature #2:

FML style "out of position" indicator on tactics screen.

Feature #3: Decimal match ratings. Also like FML

Feature #4: Goals after 90 minutes will display as "90 +3" etc..

Feature #5: AI managers take players on trial

Feature #6: ??

But I do 100% agree with these, if I missed it where did you get feature 1 from?

Its all in the podcast, in that order. When I heard the first "Exclusive Content" comment from Miles, I had to make a post, then I kept the next post open and took notes. The first content thing is amazing. I'm very excited. Regens and training might be very good this year.

I'm sorry that I didn't note the minutes during the podcast when the comments were made, but the first is towards the beginning, then one in the middle, then the last 3 at the very end.

Well not specifically of course, but the idea is that yes, because some kids will develop significantly earlier (the Bojans of the world), and also because the development curve has variation, that we should see more realistic developments of players.

absolutely brilliant, it's about time that we get some fabregas' and messi's coming through.

New Intake of youth players: "Pat Rice is excited about Player X, who he feels has the potential to be one of the best players of his generation."

*checks coach report*

"Pat Rice believes this player has the potential to become a decent player"

*sacks Pat Rice and Player X*

:mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived