New FM podcast live now (ep 9) - with a new download host to boot

• SI Staff

So, we've had some problems recently with the host for the FM podcast, which has meant it's been really slow to download.

We're with a new host for the new one (episode 9), so if you are subscribed to the podcast, please boot up yer Itunes, download, and please let us know in this thread how long it's taking to download, and your connection speed where you are downloading (if possible).

Recorded last night (Thursday), the ninth edition of the second season of the Football Manager podcast is now available via Itunes for the princely sum of, err, nothing. Just do a search for "Football Manager Podcast" in the Itunes store, and it should magically appear.

You can also get all the episodes of the first season completely free from Itunes too, and subscription to the podcast is also free.

You do not need an Ipod to listen to the podcast, as you can listen to it in the Itunes client, using any other media playing software, or any other machine capable of playing MP3's.

This weeks guests are Michael Stoneman (442, FQ, Andy Grays Champions League magazine) and Craig Bloomfield (Loaded), with the topics of the Carling Cup Final, the Premier League, Ben Foster, UEFA Cup, a search for some decent players to sign for Barnet in FM09, some news on a new pricing scheme for FML, as well as the normal football banter.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone who can play our game on PC or Mac can get Itunes for free, Davestu. It works well, is the industry standard and, I re-iterate, is free. As is the podcast. So is available for everyone.

Thanks Miles, I probably should have just kept my mouth shut to be honest :) I am just being awkward

I understand that I can, I just think it is the worst piece of restrictive software that has ever been invented, I despise it with all of my heart. That, of course, is my problem and not yours :p

Sorry if I came off a little rude. Didn't really mean to, afterall on reflection it is my issue stopping me from listening, not yours. Although I will say that I am not the only person I know of with this opinion of iTunes.

sometimes you have to use the software most people use. always someone who do not like this and that, also some people who do not like youtube, myspace or other channels SI use. Its life....

I have to say, I don't really believe that that is the case at all. Mass marketing does not always equal great product.

If you mean SI must use the product that most people use (rather than me) then, although I see your point. I also do not agree. I am also a big fan of the Halo series and Bungie have regular "Podcast" although not in the strictest sense of th word as they use a direct download MP3 format. I understand that this is not always possible and so that this leads to the "you can't please everybody" scenario.

My Space, Youtube etc are different, you may not like the format but can still use the online host if needs be, since iTunes is a download client. It is much more invasive to use if it is something you do not wish to do.

people love to complain, especially some more than others....i think they have done a great job, who even said they need to do all this info stuff before the game......they would have sold as much anyway....they do all this to be nice to us hardcore players....and then they come back and complain....well well.....

• SI Staff
I feel sorry for poor Miles, such an enthusiastic title. An OP tinted with excitement for us all, and all we do is shoot him down.

I sometimes wonder if he thinks it isn't worth all the agro and he shouldn't bother at all...

Often ;)

But seeing as the podcast, which has only been live for an hour or so, it already #31 in the Itunes Sports Podcast chart, many people must be downloading it, and don't feel the need to say so I guess. So that makes it worthwhile.

Often ;)

But seeing as the podcast, which has only been live for an hour or so, it already #31 in the Itunes Sports Podcast chart, many people must be downloading it, and don't feel the need to say so I guess. So that makes it worthwhile.

Okay okay, fine I am going to download iTunes purely to listen to this. If it is still the same piece of whoosit it was the last time I tried it then I'm coming down to SI Towers to give you a stern frowning.

I hope apple send your royalty check sharpish mate ;)

Okay okay, fine I am going to download iTunes purely to listen to this. If it is still the same piece of whoosit it was the last time I tried it then I'm coming down to SI Towers to give you a stern frowning.

I hope apple send your royalty check sharpish mate ;)

Just been extremely updated the iTunes a few days ago from stevie.

I wouldn't touch an Apple software product if you paid me (unless it was a decent amount).

They're total arses to try and keep quiet without them wanting to retake control of various file-types or embed themselves in your browser.

So for the purposes of ensuring a sensible response (other than "live with it"), I'll pretend I'm deaf. So can we have a transcription of the FM-centric parts please for those without the power of hearing. You wouldn't want to disqualify the disabled from enjoying it would you :D

Thank you.

VB

• SI Staff
I wouldn't touch an Apple software product if you paid me (unless it was a decent amount).

They're total arses to try and keep quiet without them wanting to retake control of various file-types or embed themselves in your browser.

So for the purposes of ensuring a sensible response (other than "live with it"), I'll pretend I'm deaf. So can we have a transcription of the FM-centric parts please for those without the power of hearing. You wouldn't want to disqualify the disabled from enjoying it would you :D

Thank you.

VB

"As per previous posts, this follows the way we are releasing info this year which, when first posted, read - "More features will be revealed over the next couple of months via blogs, the return of the Football Manager podcast and various other news articles. These will then be collated on sigames.com just before the demo is released, which will be a couple of weeks before the game comes out.""

Thank you.

VB

Actually, I've changed my mind, I have stopped the installation of iTunes, VB has reminded me of Apples' notion that once they have a piece of software on your computer that it now belongs to them and they can do as they please with it.

Embedding themselves into the registry, browser, media files and anything else they can think of. I had a nightmare getting rid of it once and I don't think I am prepared to do it again.

Never mind, I guess I'll have to keep an ear to the ground on the forum in regards to this...

there s not a lot. just a chat. nothing like it should be.

Miles spoke about the new ratings system,which you may know is now including decimal points.....IE 7.6.Also injury time goals will now show as 90+2 or 90+1.AI managers can now take players on trial which was a big issue so he said and i can't remember the other one.Nothing to exciting tbh :D

Miles spoke about the new ratings system,which you may know is now including decimal points.....IE 7.6.Also injury time goals will now show as 90+2 or 90+1.AI managers can now take players on trial which was a big issue so he said and i can't remember the other one.Nothing to exciting tbh :D

WOW. that really made my day!

What a **** day you've had then.

don t get SI angry....maybe in 2 weeks or so they ll give us 2 new screenshots and another 7 seconds of 3D gameplay.( the clip will be in the lowest posible resolution , maybe 30x80, so we can watch it on a 94 commodore)

Thank you SI. We all love you.

don t get SI angry....maybe in 2 weeks or so they ll give us 2 new screenshots and another 7 seconds of 3D gameplay.( the clip will be in the lowest posible resolution , maybe 30x80, so we can watch it on a 94 commodore)

Thank you SI. We all love you.

No need to be like that really. Wouldn't be very good marketing if they just put a list of every new feature on the forum and said there you, games is out in November.

regens were a topic as well; training schedules having a bigger impact on player development, development is more varied, but wonderkids get really good a lot quicker so the AI recognises future stars more easily, which will probably make buying good young players much more realistic.

i'm liking that

Some people are never happy.I think the fact that the bloke who actually is in charge of making the game comes on here an talks to everyone is brilliant and something we should all be happy about.

diito! I enjoyed the podcast, provided me with some good light entertainment whilst my dad watched some rubbish on the tv. Also good to hear about the work on player development and the other things mentioned, good work.

Thanks - That saved me from hearing the podcast

I feel sorry for poor Miles, such an enthusiastic title. An OP tinted with excitement for us all, and all we do is shoot him down.

I sometimes wonder if he thinks it isn't worth all the agro and he shouldn't bother at all...

Ditto.

As someone who enjoys being critical of FM I find the abrasive and inconsiderate responses here shocking sometimes. And that is saying something!

KUTGW Miles.

Archived