How far did you take your feeder clubs?

Just curious, how well did your feeder clubs perform with your team giving them loan players?

I got Lokeren from a bottom-of-the-table Belgian 2nd Division team to a mid-table 1st Division team.

Also got Furth into the Bundesliga for a season before being relegated.

I'm sure you can do better than this :p:D

I played Valencia once for like 6 years, forgot what team they have a feeder in England, but I was able to get them to the Prem, I checked there information and they had something like $140 million, maybe all the money they saved from my loans. Kinda nice team for loans too, since I was able only to have 3 FGN players, I could send them to that team.

as arsenal i loaned four great youngsters every season to millwall....eventually they had thier link cancelled because they made to the same league as us (premiership). clearly missing my players (over a third of thier starting X1) they went straight back down again with 14 points and 2 wins. i couldn't get them as a feeder team again- so i started trying with coventry instead....

as arsenal i loaned four great youngsters every season to millwall....eventually they had thier link cancelled because they made to the same league as us (premiership). clearly missing my players (over a third of thier starting X1) they went straight back down again with 14 points and 2 wins. i couldn't get them as a feeder team again- so i started trying with coventry instead....

Yeah, I got something similar with my Derby save. I got both Coventry and West Brom as feeder clubs. Also forgot to add that I got Port Vale into L1 and now in strong position to get promoted again into the Championship.

I managed to get a few teams promoted....but you dont really know if its down to your players or not....I tend only to send youngsters to feeder teams as my fringe players play in the reserves.

Interesting subject this as I noticed something just last week.

I had a save where I was a Prem team, can't remember who.....but as my personal fav team is Hearts I also check on them to see how they get on. In this save I found that they had got Arsenal as a Parent Club, but anytime I have went Hearts I have never been able to get a parent club.....can anyone explain this or is it just luck of the draw? (I have had many many Hearts saves and never had a parent club)

I had a bug in one game where I got a low div team to the same league as my team (prem). They link didnt get cancelled so I could keep sending my lads to that team. They turned out to be a rather wealthy side. This was in FM07.

In FM08 the feeder teams dont go that well cause I dont use them all that much as I can send my players to England or Spain to get better training and experience.

Took control of AFC Wimbledon after the 1st season in Blue Square South and immediately got Arsenal as a parent team. The first 3 seasons I had consecuative promotions using the same 4 long term loans from Arsenal (Gavin Hoyte, Kyle Bartley, Jack Whiltshire (who I retrained as a CF) and Jay Simpson (who was a goal machine)). Often, especially as I progressed up the leagues, I would get some additional 3 month loans. In short Arsenal played a massive role in my rise to the Premiership and I was actually very gutted when the link was eventually cancelled when I got to the Prem some 8 years later. By that point, however, a lot of the players that I had loaned from Arsenal had me or Wimbledon as favorites so I was able to or already had signed them permanently.

I normally just send out a few youngsters to my feeder clubs. They get some match experience and gain knowledge of the game lower down in the leagues.

The only thing ive seen my youngsters doing at a feeder is getting them the new record in red cards.

I had Stranraer as a feeder club for 15 years when I was at Derby County in FM07 - I signed loads of potentially talented young players and would always send 4 of them off to Stranraer each season - some of them became stars in the Premier League a few years down the line. Stranraer, however, remained in the Scottish 3rd Division for the entire duration :p

My polish WP club just won the league for the 4th consecutive time with 3 of my kids staring throughout the season (1, an Iranian, has ditched Iran and made his first appearance for Poland too!)

Southampton just cancelled their link as they got promoted through penalties, Leto was their player of the year (2nd year in a row for him).

Millwall missed out on the Championship playoffs by a point

sadly Accrington did poor, only missing out on being relegated back to League 2 by winning thier last few games.

can't remember what happened to my non-english feeders, i think i remember reading that Chicago won something.

I had a save where I was a Prem team, can't remember who.....but as my personal fav team is Hearts I also check on them to see how they get on. In this save I found that they had got Arsenal as a Parent Club, but anytime I have went Hearts I have never been able to get a parent club.....can anyone explain this or is it just luck of the draw? (I have had many many Hearts saves and never had a parent club)

Sometimes if you praise the manager of a bigger team, your board will arrange a link-up without being asked.

Archived