I HATE grey teams

Just went out 3-2 to a grey side in the FA Cup - I had a perfectly good goal disallowed for off-side, they scored a total fluke and were awarded a penalty. I had a look at their penalty takers stats. All his technical scores were less the 10 apart from his penalty stat which mysteriously was 16. I mean come on thats a bit suss.

You really are a sad little boy Carl aren't you. Mmm my tactics mean I conceed a fluke goal & miss a penalty. However my point was more that it seems a bit odd that a player would have no technical skills apart from penalty taking.

You really are a sad little boy Carl aren't you. Mmm my tactics mean I conceed a fluke goal & miss a penalty. However my point was more that it seems a bit odd that a player would have no technical skills apart from penalty taking.

Yeah, I think we have identified the problem here; you're crap at FM.

Time to uninstall. :)

Yeah, I think we have identified the problem here; you're crap at FM.

Time to uninstall. :)

Look sunshine, don't think that you're being clever, because you're not. If you want to be a dick, go and play in the playground. We don't really appreciate unconstructive posts around here. So if you haven't got anything constructive to say, run along.

Ahem. Back on topic...

I do myself find it difficult to win against grey teams, but usually only when I'm playing as a lower league club. Their performance feels like League 2 quality sometimes and I get trounced (I'm using 8.0.2 btw). This and the match engine are the only niggles I have with FM2008 - hopefully both will be fixed for FM2009.

Isn't there an issue with grey teams being a bit too good?
I haven't read the rest of the post to find an answer to this but I think they are at a certain level. When you're playing as a BSN/BSS or even BSP team, drawing a greyed out team is like drawing a team a few levels above you. The stats aren't spectacular but they are quite a bit better for some reason.

all generated players seem to be fairly unbalanced in skill and attributes, i have not had my arsenal youth academy ever produce me a first teamer, and there is the well publicised lack of players with certain good attributes

I was on a yellow card and I got booked again so I got an automatic red and two match ban. I can't protest this decision though as only the club captains are allowed to approach referee's following the new 'respect' rulings.

I'm probably not supposed to find this funny, but I did :thup:

The one that annoys me is grey players at top teams.

Even if I only want to manage in the Premiership I have to load Italy and Spain at a minimum. Otherwise Barcelona will end up selling their keeper and getting a grey in who's better than Buffon, seeing as it makes the average grey player's CA comparable to the team's reputation.

I can't see how ANY grey player should be allowed to be better than the worst player at the side that WAS loaded. That or just limit greys to a certain level. There's no way that Barcelona could replace their keeper with one of the best players in the world, who happened to go unnoticed until Barca were in trouble. If they had to replace him with what'd be an average 3rd choice keeper for them, fair enough.

Archived