National Manager is a Regen?

ok, so iv tried to google this and find out if its just my save or the game or whatever.

so, im in august 2014 with barcelona, just about to start my 4 season, i have a large database, but just spanish leagues loaded, first 6 i think.

then all players with national rep from europe and south america.

so spain have just won the world cup,again, and del bosque retires.... fair enough, but the new appointment is a random regen, without any good stats, no experience or nothing. im thinking there are at least two good manager that have been sacked from la liga at the seasons end, but nothing, a regen?? very strange no?

anyways i had the game saved about 2 or 3 weeks previous to this, so i loaded and holidayed to the appointment date, same result, the regen has a different name now, and place of birth, but same type of regen , late 40's, early 50's , no good attributes, no previous experience,

i done this a few times, and all the same, apart from name and p.o.b

is this a bug or has anyone else come across this?

i set up this account to try find out for myself, coz i could find anything anywhere to say it was common, or a bug, or just a 1 off on my save.

would like to know, coz i rarely get very far into this game , well the last few editions anyway, just find it very strange, the game would not sign at least an non contracted manager, there are plenty, some good spanish ones too.

anyway, any replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading and sorry its so long.

ok, sorry if i wasted anyones time, honestly couldnt see anywhere that it was a bug.,

do u know if it stays like that or the next manager might be real or anther regen?

I've followed this bug quite a bit, and from what I can tell, when a nation starts appointing regens, they don't stop. It appears to have something to do with a nation's reputation being so high that no real managers apply for the job (as they don't think they can get it), causing the nation to create a regen to take the job in their place.

If your rep isn't high enough or is too high (another factor likely at work), you will get rejected and ridiculed by the nation's FA just as the real managers would if the AI applied to jobs it had no chance of getting. The creation of the regen manager appears to be a safeguard mechanism completely divorced from the normal application/hiring system, much like grey players who are temporarily generated for squads without enough players.

In theory, if managers arent applying as nations rep is too high, after a couple of tournaments (of presumed failure under these useless managers) would the rep not go bakc down to an acceptable level for normal managers to apply? I cant recall it happening non-stop to a nation any of the times i've spotted it.

I've followed this bug quite a bit, and from what I can tell, when a nation starts appointing regens, they don't stop. It appears to have something to do with a nation's reputation being so high that no real managers apply for the job (as they don't think they can get it), causing the nation to create a regen to take the job in their place.

On my longer term games and games I've seen posted on this forum, the national manager will revert back to manager's who you would normally consider to be suitable for a national managers job i.e. they may still be regens, but they've had 10+ years experience at managing a league club and have one trophies etc. Can take up to 30/40 years for this to happen however

This bug is really silly. Germany has failed to qualify from the group phase of the 4 last EC/WC's, always sacking their manager in progress. I am a German world-class manager and they laugh off my interest just to appoint some unproven regen with no prior experience. I really hate that!

This bug is really silly. Germany has failed to qualify from the group phase of the 4 last EC/WC's, always sacking their manager in progress. I am a German world-class manager and they laugh off my interest just to appoint some unproven regen with no prior experience. I really hate that!

I believe, with Germany, that a 'real' (i.e Human) manager will never be offered the job, regardless of whether they use real players. I never got the job in 20+ years at RB Leipzig, despite winning 14 straight titles and 4 straight Champions Leagues.

In theory, if managers arent applying as nations rep is too high, after a couple of tournaments (of presumed failure under these useless managers) would the rep not go bakc down to an acceptable level for normal managers to apply? I cant recall it happening non-stop to a nation any of the times i've spotted it.

The useless managers don't wreck the team though, the quality of the players pulls them through.

I believe, with Germany, that a 'real' (i.e Human) manager will never be offered the job, regardless of whether they use real players. I never got the job in 20+ years at RB Leipzig, despite winning 14 straight titles and 4 straight Champions Leagues.
Good point! I could have sworn that I have been appointed before but now I'm not too sure anymore. Real AI managers got offered the role, though.

Its annoying when this happens. Surely the bug can be corrected.

Not connected to the bug IMO but god it annoys me when at club level a manager leaves or is sacked and then they appoint a complete nobody or someone with zero experience.

For example on one of my saves Norwich City survived an similar to real life Paul Lambert realised he had most likely achieve as much as he was going to with there resources and jumped ship to a team of equal stature....in my saves case Fulham after Martin Jol left for Liverpool.

Now after surviving in the Prem and having an almighty amount of cash to spend after using it wisely the year before who do they appoint.....Liam chilvers.

Now this isnt a dig at Chilvers....its the game thats done it anyway remember, but without wasting time googling him I remember him from old champ managers being a youth player at Arsenal many years ago if im right and I believe he may have later played for brighton possibley.

Either way he isnt a Premier League big name or a house hold name at all to be fair, Low stars, No managerial or coaching experience and yet he gets appointed Manager or a premierleague club?

Norwich were relegated the next season with a shockingly low amount of points and he was sacked about november only 3 months into the job and they replaced him with Steve Bruce who wasnt any better but atleast had experience etc....

yes clubs make bad appointments but keep noticing odd appointments like this happening alot.

Archived