I hate transfers!!!

Alright, I want to sign a player. I have 26k weekly wage budget free, but on the contract negotiations it only lets me put a max of 2,500 a week. So I edited the budget until I had 50k free of the weekly wage budget, still only goes to 3,800! The board are a bunch of rich men who wont help me out, and even when I try and terminate contracts to get more weekly wage but they just block it cause they don't want to pay out compensation and no one will do a mutual termination. Can someone please help =)

What the first reply said. Just because you have x amount free doesnt mean you can offer that whole amount to one player. I have a 150k budget 35k free and I can only offer 15k max.

Yeah the transfer feature is pretty annoying in this FM, but i think it may be more realistic, so im not too pissed about it. Would be nice if you could lobby your chairman for more funds with wages like you can when buying a player, telling him you think this player is really worth the extra 15k a week.

Yeah it is more to do with the squad status and future transfers more than anything. Personally I love snapping up a top class player who would fit into any Prem side for less than 20k a week :)

The amount you can offer really depends a lot on the squad status you offer, and how many other players you have in that category already. E.g. the board will allow you to offer higher wages for Key Players, however the squad status should really also reflect how you expect to use that player. So dont just go Key Player to offer higher wages, since he then will expect to be treated like a key player. Maybe try to build a wage package around more performance related bonus'es and a lower wage. Some players are ok with that, and i dont think it influences your wage budget in the same way.

Archived