What Makes Wolves Soooooo Good?

IMO it's a combination of low rep (bigger clubs take a win for granted), good mental attributes across their playing staff & Steven Fletcher who is the prototypical FM striker.

The OP is talking about how good they are in season 1 of the game which has them playing in the Premier League, I think the mode average finish for them is 5th & not too far off finishing 4th.

I don't think that the players are individually overrated, it just that collectively they manage to hit a sweet spot with the ME & as I mentioned above the influence of reputation is crucial with teams who are not significantly better going all out for the win when playing Wolves only to get done by a conservative counter attacking style.

It's similar to the situation we had a couple of version ago when Arsenal were pretty much unstoppable because their default playing style perfectly suited the ME at that time.

I have never seen them finish in the top four, but they are capable of playing really well and being in the top half for long periods. I had one save where Fulham won the league first season and there is generally one unexpected team doing really well.

I reckon in Wolves' case at least it is down to them being too mentally resilient.

In my recent game, having just completed my 6th season, wolves finshed as follows: 11th, 12th, 10th, 13th, 19th (premier League), 9th (championship)

Nothing special in my mind, perhaps a bit better than in reality but then again Liverpool have challenged for the league title in my game most seasons aswell!!!

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-7.png

Relegated in the first season. Promoted in the second and finished no higher than 11th in any of the next 10 seasons. Interestingly enough, Fletcher only left them to take up as Ass Man position at Dundee after 11 seasons there

Archived