Outrageous loan spell!

Just thought I'd share this. Signed James Rodriguez on loan for six months from Porto in January in my second season with Wigan for a bit of squad depth. Although he's a very good player, I wasn't expecting performances quite like this in his first few games!

jamesrodrguezoverviewat.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Given that I'm paying him less than £8,000 a week as well, this is probably the best loan spell I've ever had. I don't expect this to last, but my God I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Anyone else got any similarly impressive loan spells, no matter what the level?

Don't know how you managed to get a 1st team player on loan from Porto to join Wigan.

He was listed for loan, I needed strengthening for Europe, he agreed to come. Simple.

I signed him for Utd on FM11 and the guy was immense, think I paid around 18mil for him so I have to say this is a shrewd piece of business by you. My advice... do everything you can to keep him after his loan spell!!!

The best loan signing i've had is Sturridge, something like 30 goals and 15 assists for Newcastle in a season. Bought him after for 4mil and now he just can't stop scoring, pretty much built the rest of my team around him.

-----------------------Sturridge/Welbeck/Castagoine-----------------------------------------

A Johnson/Ramirez--------Granero/Ben Arfa-------Dos Santos/Obertan

----------------------Cabaye/Delph-----Fer/Tiote------------------

Pieters-----------Savic/Kelly----Collo/Hughes------------Santon/Piris

--------------------------Ospina/Krul---------------------

Never really had any other exceptional loan signings but I did get both Granero and Ospina in on free transfers and they've both been incredible!

Don't know how you managed to get a 1st team player on loan from Porto to join Wigan.

I usually see him loan listed at Porto unless someone buys him in the first season.

Brilliant loan spell so far.

I was playing as Vancouver and my best striker Eric Hassli was injured for 3 months. I had only one other striker and as I play two up-front I had to loan someone in. I loaned in Herbito Pulido and he scored something like 7 in 10 whilst Hassli was away.

The best I've had on FM12 is getting Danny Welbeck on loan. He scored 13 goals in 15 games and I signed him for £1million at the end of the season. Also on FM10 I signed Angel Di Maria on loan in the first season for £700k and then signed him permanently for £1.3million.

For me it's got to be bringing Yaya Sanogo in on a 100k loan for my first season with the Saints, in the Championship - 36 goals, 8 assists, and 8 MotM in 29 starts and some sub appearances. Being able to sign him on a free transfer at the end of the season made it so much sweeter.

Shrewd loan signing.

Reckon you have a chance of getting him permanently?

Got him. £7.5m at the end of the season, not a massive increase in wages either. He's not quite hit the heights of last season just yet but he's not far off.

I loaned Mario Balotelli as backup in my QPR game, a few seasons in.

He was rubbish, with the exception of one brilliant goal against Man United, when I was trailing 1-0. He was worth it just for that one moment of genius.

I loaned Mario Balotelli as backup in my QPR game, a few seasons in.

He was rubbish, with the exception of one brilliant goal against Man United, when I was trailing 1-0. He was worth it just for that one moment of genius.

Yeah in 2014/15 his stats are absolute rubbish.

Archived