Why bother passing

My team are the 8th best passers in our league.

We also have the worst technique and creativity.

So why pass the ball if the guy you pass it to is unable to control it, and even if somehow he manages to, he won't have the vision to play a decent pass, although he is good at passing?

Useless set of footballers. Let's just hoof it long and hope for the best then.

Just because they are the 8th best passers doesnt mean they will be the 8th best passing team as youve correctly said, they need to be good all round. I would hardly say hoof it long....

I have actually no idea what advice to give dont really see the point of this thread. A good passing stat will just mean the passes he makes will be better

EDIT:It seems all three of us actually have no idea what is going on here

Well I was just having a moan really. Apologies if this is the wrong place to do it.

All my own fault I bought these players with a system in mind that gained me a promotion last season, this season is going wrong and on closer inspection I see what may be a problem.

Thanks for allowing me to share/vent.

In all honesty I'm pretty sure this is the forum to moan in, reading some of the other threads!

I got promoted from blue square premier to league 2 and the difference in quality has surprised me. League 2 is no joke!

I've had this situation myself mate, my team got up from the Evo Stik Div 1 to the Blue Square North with pretty much the same squad, at first I was getting totally over run by teams and it was a very frustrating month or two (game time). I played around with my tactics a bit, beefed up the training a little bit too and after a while my team were starting to compete a lot better. I think it's probably the games way of letting you know that you're now playing at a higher level and you need to do something about it, which is a great idea really 'coz in real life you would expect the same thing to happen unless you're Crawley or Fleetwood of course, then you'd just try and buy success. Stick with it mate your team will adapt to playing at a higher level before too long.

dont rely to much on the team stats, they are an overall average. your first eleven may be awesome where as back ups would bring it down, or just taken down by limited defenders? compare to the teams around you individually to get a better idea maybe?

it annoys me with the average age, to many 'squad players' over the hill make my 21 year olds seem old lol

The team stats are a bit pointless, really. I find it most useful for identifying weaknesses than strengths but even then it can be meaningless. I may have the worst heading in the league but I tend to play on the ground so my strikers don't need to be good with their head so as long as the defence is good I don't really care. Also, many attributes depend on other attributes to be fully effective - passing being one good example with finishing another.

The Passing attribute isn't very important, actually. If the tactic allows your players to find space for themselves, there is little difference between 10 and 16-17 in Passing, since passing errors are quite rare overall and there are very few interceptions in the midfield because of the lack of team defending in the ME. I would say that Passing is one of the least "sensitive" attributes in the ME right now (one up or down makes little difference).

However, low Creativity paired with low Passing is an entirely different scenario. Creativity is a much more sensitive attribute and along with the Passing Style (range) setting is what determines a successful pass in the ME. A rule of thumb I follow is that any CA-point being used on Passing in excess of the Creativity attribute is wasted. A player with 16 in Passing but 8 in Creativity really don't have good passing skills (he should be set to short passing), whereas a player with 16 in Creativity but 8 in Passing would be much better (but still not very good).

Look to direct passing rather than short passing..remember you've moved up a league so players will need to adapt. If you have also brought in new players then the team takes time to gel

As always here in this forum if you confirm your problem and detail examples to help demonstrate you'll always get good advice

Venting is OK to a degree ;), if you vent do expect to get flamed if people take offense. Take a deep breath...calm :D

Archived