barcelona

IIRC B Teams aren't allowed in the top flight anyway, so they'd be relegated instead.

how do you know this? I tried to look into this the other day and from what I read if in the same season Barcelona got relegated, barcelona B got promoted then they would no be in the same league and there would be nothing stopping the 'B' team being in La Liga

how do you know this? I tried to look into this the other day and from what I read if in the same season Barcelona got relegated, barcelona B got promoted then they would no be in the same league and there would be nothing stopping the 'B' team being in La Liga

He means 'B' teams are not allowed in the top tier (La Liga) at any time.

Pretty sure someone discovered it the last time I was involved in a thread like this.

Not quite sure where you looked but if you looked at the rules of having a reserve (B) side then You'd have got your answer. The B team is only allowed to play as high as the league below the main team.

If Barca got relegated then the B side could only play in Segunda B

Actually, another question is interesting

Supposedly, the only teams that start as unplayable but can turn playable are those which are in the level immediately below the last playable level

If a 'B' team is in Tercera División and its corresponding 'A' team gets relegated to Tercera... what happens with the 'B' team? Will it be playable again in the future, if the 'A' team gets promoted?

Archived