Youth take to long to Develope!!

Been at Bolton for 3 years now, in the first year I signed several 4-5 star potential players, they look like stars, most of them are only rated 1 and a 1/2 stars at time of signing.

With Adequate youth facilities etc, some senior tutoring and small amount of first team experience, and good training schedules. I can't get these guys to develop, 2 years on, and the best has only gone up 1/2 a star, so 2 stars!!

Am I missing something?

2 players in particular, now had 2 full seasons under me, so there 18, nearly 19. Surely they should be about to burst on to the scene and improve out of sight right?

Or is it really dependent on your facilities? So I may never get these lads to even 3 1/2 stars???

This would be better suited over in General Discussion. I have a lot of experience developing youth players into legends and i do that a lot. Just because they have the potential doesn't mean they will fulfil that potential, there is always progression rate to take into consideration as well. Some develop fast, others take a while.

You need to make sure when they play, they play well. First team experience isn't enough alone, they also need the right mentality to develop quickly. Not everybody can be steven gerrard and burst onto the scene at a young age and stay there consistently.

Been at Bolton for 3 years now, in the first year I signed several 4-5 star potential players, they look like stars, most of them are only rated 1 and a 1/2 stars at time of signing.

With Adequate youth facilities etc, some senior tutoring and small amount of first team experience, and good training schedules. I can't get these guys to develop, 2 years on, and the best has only gone up 1/2 a star, so 2 stars!!

Am I missing something?

2 players in particular, now had 2 full seasons under me, so there 18, nearly 19. Surely they should be about to burst on to the scene and improve out of sight right?

Or is it really dependent on your facilities? So I may never get these lads to even 3 1/2 stars???

I would recommend having a look at some of the training threads in the Tactics & Training discussion forum.

These will help you understand more about your club facilities, training schedules, what personality traits to look for (which give indications of their hidden attributes), tutoring, etc...

One thing I will say however, is to develop young players, there's absolutely no substitute for regular first team football.

I've had a similar issue to the OP, I'm hoping now my training facilities are Top and I've managed to get some good older players in to tutor, I'll see slightly quicker development. I signed an 18yo LB who has been my back-up LB for two seasons now, I'd say he's started a good 15-20 games a season and has only increased 1/2 a star. He'll be 20 at the start of next season and still a full 2.5 stars from his maximum potential unless he continues improving over close season.

This is for GD guys.

:scratches head: How is a thread about successfully training youngster best placed in GD rather than the tactics & training forum?

I've had a similar issue to the OP, I'm hoping now my training facilities are Top and I've managed to get some good older players in to tutor, I'll see slightly quicker development. I signed an 18yo LB who has been my back-up LB for two seasons now, I'd say he's started a good 15-20 games a season and has only increased 1/2 a star. He'll be 20 at the start of next season and still a full 2.5 stars from his maximum potential unless he continues improving over close season.

so your annoyed that a player hasnt reached maximum potential by the time he's 20? ... when most players are only just beginning to get into the first team of most clubs?

guys.. ignore the star system and see how their stats are developing and how they are playing more importantly...

and remember that outfield players typically peak and reach full potential at around 27-28 ...

What I do is:

Make sure your hot prospect has the right personality (if you don't know what to look for you can find guides using Google). Either tutor the prospect or buy him with a good enough personality (and/or media handling)

Your prospect needs lots of matches. So either you use him when you buy him or loan him out when he has reached a satisfying personality.

If you have very good coaches and training facilities then (in my experience) you can keep the player until he is 18 years old. At that time they need to play regular 1st team football. So either you play them at least half the games (their stamina and natural fitness might not be good enough to play more often) or loan them out to a club where he will be used as a 1st choice.

Especially when you are dominating the league you can easily use a 16/17 year old prospect in most matches.

It's not really a problem to loan out a player so that he gets first-team football, but I'm wondering whether it has a desired effect if the club which loaned him is one or two levels below me...Will average training facilities with poor coaches prevent him from developing properly, even though he's their first choice and the best player by far?

It's not really a problem to loan out a player so that he gets first-team football, but I'm wondering whether it has a desired effect if the club which loaned him is one or two levels below me...Will average training facilities with poor coaches prevent him from developing properly, even though he's their first choice and the best player by far?

Yes, that is my experience. But when you loan a player out to a club in a lower league, then make sure it's a team that most likely will be battling in the top. That way your player will play better and develop quicker.

From my experience, it's better to keep young players at your club and let them play the occasional easy games than loaning them out to lower divisions. If you really want to loan them out, send them to another top division club in another country where the league is easier, such as France, Belgium and Netherlands. If they're not good enough for those leagues, then develop them at your club first.

The stars show the abilities of your players relative to the other players in your squad. If you have been strengthening your first team squad then the youths' stars might stay the same even though they are improving.

I think this is the reason why the OP is not "seeing" development in terms of stars.

The below thread is my bible for youth development. Helped so much and made it all very enjoyable.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262465-A-Guide-to-Developing-Youngsters

From my experience, it's better to keep young players at your club and let them play the occasional easy games than loaning them out to lower divisions. If you really want to loan them out, send them to another top division club in another country where the league is easier, such as France, Belgium and Netherlands. If they're not good enough for those leagues, then develop them at your club first.

That's all good, but when you're playing in a country like Croatia and bring a few talented kids, you're forced to loan them out to lower division clubs because no one else is interested (but that's another matter).

Archived