Do you recommend FM 2012 ?

I didn't bought FM 2012 yet because I want your opinion. Is the Fm 2012 worth to be bought ? Is it better enough than FM 2011 ?

I've seen a lot of people complaining about this new FM errors :confused:

Give me your honest opinion:thup:

I'm really enjoying it. There's some lovely new features which make the game clearer and more accessible. I haven't encountered any bugs myself. For the amount of hours I play FM, we're talking more than 300, I can't get any better value for money for £25.

FM 12 in my opinion is the best version of the game, including when it was known as CM by a very very long way, I'm in my third season and loving every second of it. The only reason it seems there are a lot of people complaining is simply down to how short a time the game has been out, the initial knee jerk reaction of people unhappy at this years release seems to be no worse than any other year since I've been a user of these forums.

The biggest issues seem to be with steam launching the game and I think people are getting these issues resolved pretty quickly from what I've been reading here.

In terms of game-play I've only really seen two issues that people seem to be having that could be significant in your decision on buying the game. These are that goalkeepers don't currently get any position training as that category has been removed from gk training and placed in the defence catagory, which the default gk training schedule doesn't include.

The other seems to be that people are finding the game overly easy this year due to the implementation of conversational tones making it less difficult to manage the morale of your squad.

I personally don't have an issue with either of these two things and am happily playing away on my save but I guess it's up to the individual to decide if the issues mentioned above merit holding off on buying the game or not.

I, dSquib, recommend Football Manager 2012.

The errors are not massive, not too disruptive, and may well be fixed at some point.

It's going on Steam for $40. Is it worth it? Is anything? Only you can answer that. I can tell you that that would get you about 30 cauliflowers at Aldi, or one Wishbone Ash revival concert ticket. Translated to gaming, that sounds about right.

Honestly, if you are a hardcore FM fan than just buy it and play it. you will not realise the bugs unless you visit this forum often and someone pinpoints it out. so just play the game

and come on here in the bugs forum 2 weeks once. you will love the game.

This is like asking a Texan about gun rights ;)

To be fair I'm from Texas and my opinion on gun rights is probably not what you'd think.

But, yeah, I'll keep this on-topic: I would reccomend it. I loved FM11, but this year it just seems smoother and I have seen less complaints about the game on here so I am guessing that is good. Instead of 999999 threads titled "THE GAME IS BROKEN BECAUSE OF (insert reason here) SO I AM QUITTING" there are 999999 threads titled "STEAM SUCKS SO I AM QUITTING". I feel like this is evidence of good progression, especially because I have had every version since FM09 on Steam with few issues Steam-wise.

Archived