Anyone played as that Russian side yet

I was tipped by the media as favourite to get the job when their manager left at the end of the second season but I denied any interest and never heard anything from them after that. Won't be managing them in the game this year if they do offer me the job anyway as I intend to have just this one save at the same club (Celtic) all year.

I've got a game with them at the moment, you get about £30m to spend for saying you'll get European football, considering they've bought, Jucilei, Zhirkov, Eto'o, Tardelli, Boussoufa, Dzsudzsak and about 10 other players that's still a fair amount. I'm having tonnes of fun, would definately recommend it! Just watch out for the foreigner restrictions.

I'm playing an RPL save (as Krasnodar) and Anzhi look like the team to beat after the first 6 weeks. I scouted their most recent match against Lokomotiv Moscow, and they won 7-0. Eto'o is absolutely tearing up the league so far.

I am playing with them and like the previous poster said...the attackers tear up the league especially against the bottom feeders. For example my first game against Dinamo Moscow was a 10-0 thumping at home though that was by far my biggest win (most I scored was 6 since). I am 14-1-1, with a loss at Zenit and a draw at home to CSKA. Eto'o has 32 goals in 16 league games. I also purchased Willian from Shakhtar for $12M and Vertonghen from Ajax for 15M at the start of the game. The only issues so far are...1) Maximum 6 foreigners to start which means all the high priced talent brought in is all you can play and it takes 6 years to become Russian. 2) Despite having a ton of money in theory for transfers, nobody good wants to play for you, and more importantly 3) You only have one Russian worth a damn (Zhirkov). The other 5 spots on the field are filled with Russian scrubs who can't play because all the good ones are on CSKA/Zenit and won't play for you. You can get some decent players off the other teams...but nothing great. That being said, I am not a great FM player and I am still dominating so winning Russia should be pretty easy just because nobody else can match your top attackers unless you get some injuries or a few red cards. Zhirkov missed the Zenit game and 4 others after a 5 game suspension for getting a straight red card, so maybe that would prevent you from winning.

The restrictions are by far the one thing that I think would stop you from ever dominating Europe (unless you cheat) because there just aren't enough quality Russians out there that will play for you, and while you can get around restrictions in continental play...getting them games during the season would be impossible and I assume they'd revolt (assuming you won enough to get build your rep and get good players to want to join you)

Also, the stud teams are already after my big 4 attackers offering 30+ million transfer fees but you can't really sell them because you can't get anyone good with that money...I didn't even spend the majority of the transfer budget from the get go...so I am not sure if they will start to revolt because they want something better.

Lastly, since you have a tiny stadium and don't sell it out anyway you have no real income...you hemorrhage money like crazy. I assume the oil rich tycoon continues to pour money into the team because without you'd be bankrupt by seasons end at the latest due to a few of the Manchester City size contracts you have when you start the game.

I've got a game with them at the moment, you get about £30m to spend for saying you'll get European football, considering they've bought, Jucilei, Zhirkov, Eto'o, Tardelli, Boussoufa, Dzsudzsak and about 10 other players that's still a fair amount. I'm having tonnes of fun, would definately recommend it! Just watch out for the foreigner restrictions.

Care to share your incomings? I find it quite hard to sign players of a decent calibre with Anzhi. I've bought Douglas from Twente and Daniel Braathen from Tolouse so far, as well as some more unknown Russians, but would like to strengthen the most parts of the team (except AML, as they seem to have an embarrassment of riches in that position!)

I am playing with them and like the previous poster said...the attackers tear up the league especially against the bottom feeders. For example my first game against Dinamo Moscow was a 10-0 thumping at home though that was by far my biggest win (most I scored was 6 since). I am 14-1-1, with a loss at Zenit and a draw at home to CSKA. Eto'o has 32 goals in 16 league games. I also purchased Willian from Shakhtar for $12M and Vertonghen from Ajax for 15M at the start of the game. The only issues so far are...1) Maximum 6 foreigners to start which means all the high priced talent brought in is all you can play and it takes 6 years to become Russian. 2) Despite having a ton of money in theory for transfers, nobody good wants to play for you, and more importantly 3) You only have one Russian worth a damn (Zhirkov). The other 5 spots on the field are filled with Russian scrubs who can't play because all the good ones are on CSKA/Zenit and won't play for you. You can get some decent players off the other teams...but nothing great. That being said, I am not a great FM player and I am still dominating so winning Russia should be pretty easy just because nobody else can match your top attackers unless you get some injuries or a few red cards. Zhirkov missed the Zenit game and 4 others after a 5 game suspension for getting a straight red card, so maybe that would prevent you from winning.

I'm finding it a bit easy thus far as well. Through five matches with Krasnodar, I'm 4-0-1, including wins over Spartak and Rubin, and this is with a roster full of players that, frankly, wouldn't have been good enough to be backups on my Lyon club in FM11.

The max foreigners rule hasn't been a big issue so far. The real problem has been satisfying the "1 under-21 Russian in the squad" rule. Kinda hard to do when your club has absolutely no youth prospects of note. I had to buy up about a half-dozen mediocre Russian kids just to fill out the U18's.

Nice to see that you signed Willian- Anzhi did the same thing in my save.

I'm playing an RPL save (as Krasnodar) and Anzhi look like the team to beat after the first 6 weeks. I scouted their most recent match against Lokomotiv Moscow, and they won 7-0. Eto'o is absolutely tearing up the league so far.

Yay. I'm currently managing The Bulls too. Third with a handful of games to go. Zenit are unstoppable.

Currently managing Anzhi, revamped back room and improved scouting.

Managed to sign Biyaletindinov from everton, Pogrebnyak from Stuttgart, and Shaqiri from Basel. I also just got Tevez on loan with an option to buy for 12 Million.

A point behind Zenit at the moment

I played as them in FM 2011.

IN the last update Roberto Carlos' contract was like 100,000 per week but it did not incorporate the deep pocked owner. So basically I had to dump him and other big contracts because attendance is like 10,000 at 4 euros each with guys earning huge salaries and no oligarch!

Archived