No one wants to join Man United?!

Just started a new game. And ive been offering some players at average clubs the chance of glory, yet none of them will join me!

- Phil Jones

- Gary Cahill

- Javier Pastore

- Jack Wilshere (:p)

This is just to name a few, none of them will negotiate contracts, although I had accepted offers from each of there clubs. Its not every day man u come in for you!

Just started a new game. And ive been offering some players at average clubs the chance of glory, yet none of them will join me!

- Phil Jones

- Gary Cahill

- Javier Pastore

This is just to name a few, none of them will negotiate contracts, although I had accepted offers from each of there clubs. Its not every day man u come in for you!

Thats probably a good thing :D

- Phil Jones

- Gary Cahill

- Javier Pastore

Arsenal and Man Utd are rivals so I can understand why Wilshere doesn't want to move. Phil Jones and Gary Cahill are both at clubs close to Man Utd and these clubs have a little rivalry. It could also be due the the fact that they are young and may not be considered first teamers at your club. So they are not willing to leave their current club. Pastore, I'm not sure. Maybe he just doesn't want to leave Palermo. Are Palermo one of his favoured clubs on FM?

Well Blackburn and Man Utd are close to each other and have history, so that may be why Phil Jones doesn't ant to join. Arsenal are good on the game and have a similar rep to Man Utd, and they are fierce rivals. Gary Cahill may have Bolton on his favored list and Bolton might see Man Utd as rivals. Or Maybe they don't like you, who are you? Your not Alex Ferguson and as a West Ham fan I'd only ever consider playing for Man Utd if Sir Al is there. Maybe it's the same for everyone else.

Loyalty is too big a factor sometimes.

That being said, I had no problem signing Phil Jones for Man Utd. I also had no trouble signing Jack Rodwell from Everton, who you might have expected to be highly loyal to his club.

On the other side of the coin, I can't get Danny Welbeck to leave because he's too devoted to the club.

Phil Jones was always problematic for me as well. He wouldn't negotiate a contract with me for seasons upon seasons and I only got him after signing him for Barca in 2015, and then signing him off them when I returned to United in 2020 I think it was. Pastore is always easy to sign too, although that's reversed now I'm playing on an update where Jones is at United and Pastore has only recently moved to PSG :)

I tracked Phil Jones in my Granada CF save.

In the end, he joined my club for 25m, three seasons into my save.

Important to note that my club reputation had become "Continental" by that stage, plus I kept praising him in the media. By the time he joined, I was already on his favoured personnel list. :)

Must admit though, I was quite surprised he hadn't been bought by any number of big clubs, before joining me.

Archived