Legend-Ronaldo

is it possible with the tactical limitations to get Ronaldo to play on fm as he does in real life?

he's a winger who sets up a lot of goals and scores loads

the goal tonight aggainst Roma tonight is that possible on the fm match enguine?

1. i've never seen one of my players run 35+ yards to get on the end of a header.

2. tried free role and swap which he does with man utd but makes no difference

is it possible with the tactical limitations to get Ronaldo to play on fm as he does in real life?

he's a winger who sets up a lot of goals and scores loads

the goal tonight aggainst Roma tonight is that possible on the fm match enguine?

1. i've never seen one of my players run 35+ yards to get on the end of a header.

2. tried free role and swap which he does with man utd but makes no difference

Actually he doesn't set up that many goals, this season he has only made 6 goals for other players.

And he didn't run that far "just to get on the end of a header", he moved forward and as the cross was delivered he ran onto it.

i also think its got to do with players movements, some players like to arrive in the box late and get end of passes and crosses..

Side note: What a goal by Ronaldo today, everytime i watch it, it looks better..

Too bad his real life performance dont reflect on the game.. he does not score many goals for me..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Actually he doesn't set up that many goals, this season he has only made 6 goals for other players.

And he didn't run that far "just to get on the end of a header", he moved forward and as the cross was delivered he ran onto it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you not watch the game? 30+ yards to score

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abs_UK:

i also think its got to do with players movements, some players like to arrive in the box late and get end of passes and crosses..

Side note: What a goal by Ronaldo today, everytime i watch it, it looks better..

Too bad his real life performance dont reflect on the game.. he does not score many goals for me.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i could'nt agree more mate i just think the limitations of the fm tactical enguine stop us from letting a player do these things...

granted if someone posted my wingers score 40+ goals a season it would look wrong but this guy is out of this world...

show me another player that can do what he does icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

So you're trying to tell me that from 30 yards away he knew a cross would come him so he ran to an exact point to get the header?

Pull the other one! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you actually watch the game??

Maybe he did not run into the box for the header, but when paul scholes received the ball Ronaldo was 30 yards away..

So if he was 30 yards away then it would seem like he ran into the box and got on the end of the cross...

Well looking at what I have seen, it seems that when the pass was played towards Scholes he was 30 yards from goal, at the point of Scholes actually touching the ball, (thus recieving it), Ronaldo was actually just outside the "D", which is around 20 tards.

Me thinks 30yards is somewhat exaggerated.

lol tards, whoops! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so because you wont belive what Ronaldo, done now it's about how many yards did he run... get over it name a better player in the world mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

is it possible with the tactical limitations to get Ronaldo to play on fm as he does in real life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about on FM08, but on FM07 he banged in loads of goals in a season for me.

I used a 4-1-2-2-1 system with Carlos Tevez on the left wing cutting in, Wayne Rooney on the right wing cutting in, and Ronaldo as the central attacker.

I had Ronaldo swap position with Rooney and set Tevez also to swap position with Ronaldo. He got many goals that way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

lol tards, whoops! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so because you wont belive what Ronaldo, done now it's about how many yards did he run... get over it name a better player in the world mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

i think we should bring this topic back on track..

If people want to talk about Ronaldo then Off Topic would be best place.. icon_smile.gif

Is it possible to get players doing the same thing on FM..

If you have midfielders who like to make late runs into the box and set up your formation to allow them that little freedom then maybe it can be done..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abs_UK:

If people want to talk about Ronaldo then Off Topic would be best place.. icon_smile.gif

If you have midfielders who like to make late runs into the box and set up your formation to allow them that little freedom then maybe it can be done.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree

i always play as man utd and Ronaldo always plays well just nothing like in real life.

i cant see how with si set up he could get into the goal scoring positions like in real life

If you have midfielders who like to make late runs into the box and set up your formation to allow them that little freedom then maybe it can be done.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree

i always play as man utd and Ronaldo always plays well just nothing like in real life.

i cant see how with si set up he could get into the goal scoring positions like in real life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play him behind the striker, with a lot of attacking / creative freedom..

I use to have Kaka in that position and he scored a lot of goals for me..

Now i found my self a gem of a player (regen) and he is scoring for fun.. icon_wink.gif

Bed time now me thinks..

I tend to play a flat 4-4-2 and find my wingers score a fair few from headers, latching onto the other winger's crosses...is that what th OP was driving at? I think it's worth saying that in real life this guy is far better at it that you could reasonably expect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I tend to play a flat 4-4-2 and find my wingers score a fair few from headers, latching onto the other winger's crosses...is that what th OP was driving at? I think it's worth saying that in real life this guy is far better at it that you could reasonably expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think you have a point there mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I tend to play a flat 4-4-2 and find my wingers score a fair few from headers, latching onto the other winger's crosses...is that what th OP was driving at? I think it's worth saying that in real life this guy is far better at it that you could reasonably expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I play a 4-2-3-1, with the 3 attacking midfielders behind the strikers but with the left and right of the three pushing out onto the wings. Both wingers get a good few goals for me and have a lot of opportunities in the box.

Now when buying a winger I also look at finishing and heading as important factors, as they get on the end of each others crosses and get plenty of chances in the box.

That's as close to Ronaldo as I can think i've ever seen in the game lol.

In FM07, I had Matias Fernandez who played for my Heerenveen team, and I kept switching him between AMC and Winger positions and this is exactly what I had got out of him; the form of C. Ronaldo in real life.

Every game he was scoring a goal, or setting up a goal. He won us the Eredivise title for a few consecutive seasons.

I'm yet to sign him again and see if I can repeat the honor but it was for sure the best player I've ever signed in FM.

I don't remember much about the tactical side of things, but I do remember that it was a simple 4-4-2 formation with one of the midfielders pushed up into the centre behind the 2 forwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i always play as man utd and Ronaldo always plays well just nothing like in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To all the statements on this thread like the one quoted here: this season may well be a one-off for him. If he performs like this every year for 3 years then SI will have to do something. I think he performs on the game in line with how he has over the 3 seasons he has been at Man U, with this season being a complete freak. Remember the ex-genius Ronaldinho? Two untouchable seasons and this year he ain't the god we thought he was.

As for getting Ronaldo to play as he does in real life, I don't think any player on SI does that and never will - simply because of the limitations of, well, real life. Schevchenko was a God on FM07, and Crespo on 06, because they can only base their skill on what has gone by.

Hopefully they won't make him untouchable for FM09 cos I never play as Man U and will hate to play against him. Perhaps SOME increase in ability, but not to the degree they bumped Elano up on 802.

You can retrain Ronaldo so his position is AMC/R/L/Fwd and use arrows to encourage him in off the wing. If SI sort out the "free" role, this may help too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i always play as man utd and Ronaldo always plays well just nothing like in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To all the statements on this thread like the one quoted here: this season may well be a one-off for him. If he performs like this every year for 3 years then SI will have to do something. I think he performs on the game in line with how he has over the 3 seasons he has been at Man U, with this season being a complete freak. Remember the ex-genius Ronaldinho? Two untouchable seasons and this year he ain't the god we thought he was.

As for getting Ronaldo to play as he does in real life, I don't think any player on SI does that and never will - simply because of the limitations of, well, real life. Schevchenko was a God on FM07, and Crespo on 06, because they can only base their skill on what has gone by.

Hopefully they won't make him untouchable for FM09 cos I never play as Man U and will hate to play against him. Perhaps SOME increase in ability, but not to the degree they bumped Elano up on 802.

You can retrain Ronaldo so his position is AMC/R/L/Fwd and use arrows to encourage him in off the wing. If SI sort out the "free" role, this may help too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bearing in mind the way he played last season, this season isn't a one-off. It's a "two-off"! He is, by far, the best player the world has seen in recent years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schwarz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

You can retrain Ronaldo so his position is AMC/R/L/Fwd and use arrows to encourage him in off the wing. If SI sort out the "free" role, this may help too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bearing in mind the way he played last season, this season isn't a one-off. It's a "two-off"! He is, by far, the best player the world has seen in recent years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*cough* Zidane *cough*

Well thats alright then...............I never thought as much as everyone else did about Zidane anyway. Rivaldo and Ronaldo, (the large one), in their pomp were both much better in my opinion.

But this is now going off topic.................

Too bad his real life performance dont reflect on the game.. he does not score many goals for me.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep i agree

he doesnt play like the ronaldo i see on tv

i think its simply down to his attributes not representing how he is on real life

i hope for fm09 he stats are improved

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by disasterd:

i think its simply down to his attributes not representing how he is on real life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know,apart from his heading and free kick stats, I think his stats are just about right on FM08.

I think it's just that this season has been sensational for the boy. I mean 36 goals in 39 appearances is amazing. He doesn't do that in FM because it's a one off to have a season as good as this in real life.

Last seasons 23 in 53 appearances was excellent, as it would be on FM.

only things why he can't be good in FM like IRE is becouse wingers are CRAP in this match engine (if you play any standard formation like AI does. 442, 433...). no real danger, just standing there in the flank.

other maybe not so important is becouse his stats don't replicate his real life ones.

I've actually got Cristiano Ronaldo playing on the right wing with a long farrow and he's my top scorer at the moment with 16/16.

Some are free-kicks and a couple of penalties, but most are from open play. He is set with higher creative freedom than any other player in the team, forward runs often, run with ball often, long shots medium, attacking mentality really high.

This is in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

United-4-1-3-1-1 v1 (8.0.1) - Tweeked with home & away tactics by heathxxx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Silva

Thats the best I've had out of a winger had him playing AML closest in game I've seen to Ronaldo IRL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup - I've got them BOTH - one on each wing, swapping positions. murder!

Archived