2 Quality regens BSS

Hi, - posted this in signups 1st by accident :o

I am playing as Bromley in the BSS 2nd season in, at the start of this season we got our youth intake as normal and the assman highlights the best talent. Now he's as 16 y/o STC with crazy stats for the league i am in, his report is outrageous 5 star CA 5 satr PA - (Could be leading star for Premiership)

Anyway, I signed him to a long deal and he starts banging in the goals, all well and good! Now I have a record or P15 W14 D1 L0 again all good Wilshaw scores 20gls in 15

I check the league table and see that Staines have P15 W15, I know my squad kills theirs so I check to see who they played, when I did this I noticed their star player who had banged in 23 goals in 15games in the league - He is a (just turned) 16 year old regen also with crazy stats also 5 star CA and PA(report says Could be leading star for Premiership).

Is this normal for BSS sides? Both our talents were born in our towns i.e Bromley & Staines. It has certainly made this season more interesting as I believe I would have walked the league after having missed out in the playoffs last season. but to get 2 quality regens through in the same season at this level? I just thought it was strange. Just hope mine turns out better than theirs! lol

I am not using any 3rd party software either and I d/loaded from Steam if that makes any difference?

Anyone else had this?

Thanks.

I spent 15 years at Truro and didn't get one youth player worth keeping - so it's not 'normal'.

In my opinion, your players probably won't develop to Premiership standard at your club, because; The coaching probably won't be good enough, the training facilities won't be good enough, and the AI will see that you have high PA youngsters and will make you an offer that your chairman can't refuse - thus you will lose him. In 2027, as Redditch, I signed a 17 year old striker for £120k from Matlock. A season later my chairman accepted a £475k bid from Fulham. :(

Sorry bud, hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the reply, ah well as soon as I checked his profile I sent his status to Indespensible and set his asking price to 1.5mil from 14k. I just thought it weird that I had one amazing yougster for the level im playing at and also Staines had one too! He's constantly linked with the big clubs but the asking prices and hands off seems to be keeping them at bay for the moment. Its nearly Window time on my current season though so I will see what happens tonight when I get home from work! hopoe I can keep him, he scored for fun! :D

maybe I should let him go onto bigger and better things at the end of the season anyway, theres no way he can reach his potential with me. some of the stats i can remember are:-

Corners - 16

Crossing - 16

Dribbling - 15

Finishing - 10

Composure - 12

Flair - 14

Penaltys - 15

Determination - 16

Teamwork - 14

Pace - 13

Acceleration- 13

Ambitious personality too.

some of those stats are just daft for the BSS!

I think his finishing will get found out at higher levels. If you do intend on keeping him I'd put him on an intensive Shooting training with individual focus on Finishing.

To be fair his finishing is good for most L2 strikers from my experience. So unless you're planning on making this guy the heart and soul of your team as you make an improbable run to the Premiership I'd just develop him for as long as you can by giving him match experience and then looking to sell him on. I'd try offering him to clubs for £500k.

Weirdly enough yesterday i got a player through my academy at Bury town (in the BSP at the time) who was dubbed the next Michael carrick, had a PA in the mid 170's, my chairman then sold him for 6k to Hull lol.

I got another player through my academy in the current season who is 5* potential from my scout, claims he will be a leading championship player in the future. I thought it was odd getting 2 really top players in the same game over such a short period of time.

I think his finishing will get found out at higher levels. If you do intend on keeping him I'd put him on an intensive Shooting training with individual focus on Finishing.

Cant train him propely as were only semi-pro and all my players are on p/t contracts. Individual training is on finishing but hasnt improved yet over 3months. hes played every game too! The other regen that plays for Staines has 7 finishing and he just bangs them in, hes got 17 pace and 16 acceleration though! tore my defence apart :(

Weirdly enough yesterday i got a player through my academy at Bury town (in the BSP at the time) who was dubbed the next Michael carrick, had a PA in the mid 170's, my chairman then sold him for 6k to Hull lol.

Ouch thats gotta hurt! im new to lower league playing and the chairmen really can screw you sometimes it seems from this forum.

I played FM10 with Merthyr in the BSS and had a player come through who played for me all the way up to the championship and later in the prem for another team. Also had another player come through on the same save when i was in the BSP 2 seasons later who was sold on by the chairman and played in the prem for another team.

Best way to avoid players being sold is always to put a ridiculous price on them, like 10 million for a player valued at 100k - AI teams will never bid for them and so the chairman is given no chance to sell them :)

Also players can be given FT contracts at a semi pro club - best way to improve the teams best players

maybe I should let him go onto bigger and better things at the end of the season anyway, theres no way he can reach his potential with me. some of the stats i can remember are:-

Corners - 16

Crossing - 16

Dribbling - 15

Finishing - 10

Composure - 12

Flair - 14

Penaltys - 15

Determination - 16

Teamwork - 14

Pace - 13

Acceleration- 13

Ambitious personality too.

some of those stats are just daft for the BSS!

you gotta put up a screenshot of this lad

I am playing as Bromley in the BSS 2nd season in, at the start of this season we got our youth intake as normal and the assman highlights the best talent. Now he's as 16 y/o STC with crazy stats for the league i am in, his report is outrageous 5 star CA 5 satr PA - (Could be leading star for Premiership)

Thanks.

5 stars for CA & PA ? 101% impossible to be honest. And 16 yrs old in the BSS ? not in anyones lifetime sorry. Any chance to show a screenshot of his current attributes ? I'vbe got my money on you confusing yourself with something

Not really, a five star Conference player and five star Premiership player are two different things. A 5 star Conference player would have 1 star in the Premiership if he just made five star, although his PA could be five star Premiership, I imagine at best he'd be 2 or 3 star CA for a Premiership side. Keep in mind that your assistant/coaches will rate the player based on your division, rather than how good he'd be in the top division.

I once had a save with Dover Athletic and I had a player come through with 13 finishing, 17 dribbling and 15 crossing.

The rest of his stats were decent but I trained him up and my assman thought he was the next Jermain Defoe.

I managed to keep hold of him for a couple of seasons (and a couple of promotions) until Arsenal came calling.

They spent £3 million on him which secured my future for the next few seasons. :)

It is perfectly possible, Wiitastic.. just happens very rarely.

In my Almeria game I signed a newgen (16 years old) from Pontevedra (I think they're called) and he had 4* CA and 5* PA and he was probably the best striker in La Liga already at 16. (needless to say he went on to become the best striker in the world).. Imagine to manage Pontevedra, a small poor club, and then get such a amazing talent from youth!

Just to do them a favor I added a 10% profit clause in the contract and I bought him for £500K and sold him 3 years later for £30m.. So I guess Pontevedra board was happy :D

I signed a 17 year old keeper from Stalybridge, since I signed it says he could be the next paul robinson. It occassionally happens. Hope you keep a hold of this guy!

If I recall that comparison bears no relation to his potential. It has more to do with him being of a similar build and height to Robinson, and obviously playing in the same position.

I just won the BSS and the he is still 5star CA and 5star PA. Im not lying, I have no reason to. In the end he scored 48 goals in 42 games or something with an av rating of 7.72 and I have managed to keep hold of him, still in transfer window though so not out of the woods yet. I will try posting a piccy of his attributes when i get home from work tonight, like I said im new to the lower league management side of things and couldnt believe my luck that I got a player like this from the worst academy possible! :)

Archived