The AI has completely lost it

I've just watched Hungary's second best side dismantle itself. They've sold over the last 2 seasons They haven't got enough players to full a starting XI without youth players and yet they are "rich" and should have plenty of money in the bank. What on earth are they doing?! They've sold 11 first team players and released a further 5 whilst only replacing 5 of them?! This season they've now sold another 4 in January without any replacements leaving a side that's set to play in the Champions League round of 16 without even enough players to fulfil the fixture without youth players.

The hell?!

I'm now extremely tempted to add a second manager as a "Director of Football". That is, create a second manager to be the manager, sign a good assistant, sign players and go on a permanent holiday leaving the assistant in charge.

They've sold over £28 mil worth of players this transfer winder, so surely they have at least some money. On top of that they are rated as "rich".

Hardly a game breaker?

Hungary not being researched and scouted?!

To be brutally honest if they hadn't researched Hungary properly I think the company should just shut down, if you put something in a game it should be done properly, however that is neither the case nor the problem (though there are some minor problems).

The issue here has nothing to do with the database as in 2022 there are essentially no real players left in Hungary.

Also, it is a game breaker to see a club that I've let have some of the better young talent I've had over recent years suddenly and for no reason sell of most of their squad without replacing it, and half way through a season too. This will result in them basically crashing out of the Champions League and will greatly damage Hungary's chances of breaking Italy and England's lead at the top of the UEFA coefficients. If that's not gamebreaking!

I'm assuming that you have Hungary as a loaded nation and therefore are or can manage there in your save?

Sounds weird if that is the case that a club would dismantle itself in that manner unless it was facing some form of administration/financial meltdown.

Even if the bids were high enough to be accepted for their players you would expect replacements to be recruited.

As someone else said, consider posting it in the Bugs Forum and possible uploading the save game to them for investigation.

Most of the major european leagues do seem to get all the resources from FM but this isn't poor players stats/researchthis appears to be a system problem with the game via the AI.

Hardly a game breaker?

Hungary not being researched and scouted?!

To be brutally honest if they hadn't researched Hungary properly I think the company should just shut down, if you put something in a game it should be done properly, however that is neither the case nor the problem (though there are some minor problems).

The issue here has nothing to do with the database as in 2022 there are essentially no real players left in Hungary.

Also, it is a game breaker to see a club that I've let have some of the better young talent I've had over recent years suddenly and for no reason sell of most of their squad without replacing it, and half way through a season too. This will result in them basically crashing out of the Champions League and will greatly damage Hungary's chances of breaking Italy and England's lead at the top of the UEFA coefficients. If that's not gamebreaking!

Sorry I didnt want to say that Hungary wasnt (As you put it) researched at all or researched badly. I just said it could not be that thoroughly researched like the UK, relating to the fact that there were FAR MORE researchers involved. Even more I appreciate your outstanding researching work for Hungary!! :) Thats not the question!

I just thought the AI problem would root in too few players being generated in Hungary after some years (which probably has to do with a smaller database) and this makes the AI go mad...

EDIT: Buy Pavlitzky! He´s a bargain! :)

41,000 players in the data base, Debrecen have players from pretty much everywhere, and every other team is fine. It's really just something going wrong at Debrecen.

I've check now and it seems that they have a wage budget of £600k and only spend around £200 right now and have £22 mil in their transfer budget... This is just buggered!

41,000 players in the data base, Debrecen have players from pretty much everywhere, and every other team is fine. It's really just something going wrong at Debrecen.

I've check now and it seems that they have a wage budget of £600k and only spend around £200 right now and have £22 mil in their transfer budget... This is just buggered!

Who is the manager, could use FMRTE to see whats going on there? But that is incredibly odd. What are other teams like?

It is not incredibly odd. The AI managers do not build squads. They need help to do so. Chances are any players they sign would be worse than the ones they sold, so you are probably better off adding a manager and get them a new team then resign that manager.

It is not incredibly odd. The AI managers do not build squads. They need help to do so. Chances are any players they sign would be worse than the ones they sold, so you are probably better off adding a manager and get them a new team then resign that manager.

Actually, Ujpest have made themselves a European Power entirely on their own, and that includes losing key players each year. The AI can do it sometimes.

As for Debrecen, following their Christmas fire sale they bombed out of the Champions League as Man United beat them 11-1 on aggregate. Serves them right too, they had no right midfielder, one 2 strikers, 2 central defenders and their rightback, leftback and best player (a striker) were all injured.

I found the problem though, they seemingly gave all their players new contracts last year, with the key men getting release clauses that were stupidly low for the quality of the player. As such they lost them for silly prices. I've spent this window bidding for the 3 that remained so I could just stall and prevent them from signing for anyone else. I gave up on one and they've replaced him with a cheaper player, but yeah. They've built a squad again this season though, though they have only 1 rightwinger, 1 rightback and 1 leftback. But hey, baby steps!

So it turns out it was an incredibly odd set of circumstances? Lets hope this kind of thing happens less in FM12

Yeah, it seems that they had to accept a lot of the bids, then just didn't know who they wanted. Still, it was a silly situation to see a side in the Champions League latter stages with a mere 11 first team players and only 15 professional footballers on the books.

Yeah, it seems that they had to accept a lot of the bids, then just didn't know who they wanted. Still, it was a silly situation to see a side in the Champions League latter stages with a mere 11 first team players and only 15 professional footballers on the books.

Definitely, given how the AI often struggles with squad building, once it was in that mess it was always going to be hard for them to get out of it. Would be interesting to find out how the AI allocates Minimum Release Fees, and the values of them

Sounds funny, but seems a bug?

Well, it's stupidly low for the players. They were valued at £11 odd million with £15 mil release clauses. Considering that they wouldn't let go of one of their strikers, valued at £6 mil for £49 mil (that Barca bid earlier that season) it's a very low price.

I'm not sure you can call it a bug that they gave release fees higher than the players value but lower than their actual worth. Maybe it was the only way they could get them to re-sign? The problem is that they didn't spend the money straight away.

I'm not sure you can call it a bug that they gave release fees higher than the players value but lower than their actual worth. Maybe it was the only way they could get them to re-sign? The problem is that they didn't spend the money straight away.

You're right about that.

As for resigning them though, they all had 4 years on their contracts. It just seems to be a case of the club not understanding what they were doing, I guess that's realistic in some ways though.

Archived