Do I jump ship?

I'm in 2015 with U.D Leiria in the Liga ZON Sagres. We flirted with relegation for two years before rising to 4th last season and a Europa League spot. We lost out heart-breakingly to Rubin Kazan in the play off, but we're 5th after 7 games and have a good chance in 2-3 years of cracking the traditional top 3 in Portugal, thanks to some great young players..

HOWEVER, I've just been offered a job by FC Porto. More money, more prestige, Europe... Do I?

Stay!!

Yesterday I had an almost identical situation in the Premiership. Managed to get Peterboro to 6th spot, and qualify for EURO. Man Utd offered me their job - I rejected. Join me! Stay at the small club...

I'm in 2015 with U.D Leiria in the Liga ZON Sagres. We flirted with relegation for two years before rising to 4th last season and a Europa League spot. We lost out heart-breakingly to Rubin Kazan in the play off, but we're 5th after 7 games and have a good chance in 2-3 years of cracking the traditional top 3 in Portugal, thanks to some great young players..

HOWEVER, I've just been offered a job by FC Porto. More money, more prestige, Europe... Do I?

No.

You've taken your team so far and are just reaching the top of your nations league. You've proved you have enough to get into Europe and should be able to do so again.

If it was a year earlier and you had just finished near the relegation zone I would say take the job, but you're too close to becoming a good team now.

You answered your own question saying you'd only want to leave for Sporting CP...

Sporting CP was one of my best ever saves (fm10) and it was largely due to Matias Fernandez who has become a real life hero of mine just because of that save!

Quick hypothetical question - if it was real life, would you have left for Porto? I'm assuming your wage would have increased a LOT...

You answered your own question saying you'd only want to leave for Sporting CP...

Sporting CP was one of my best ever saves (fm10) and it was largely due to Matias Fernandez who has become a real life hero of mine just because of that save!

Quick hypothetical question - if it was real life, would you have left for Porto? I'm assuming your wage would have increased a LOT...

I'm not sure. Yes, more money but IRL, I'm a Sporting fan and to manage Porto would be not be condusive to getting the Sporting job! Plus I wouldnt be able to bring a lot of players with me

Stay. I'm with virtually everyone else. You've done fantastic as it is, may as well make it more. I'd only take a job when I feel there's nothing more for me to win. There's still lots for you to do.

I was manager of Celta Vigo for a while struggling against relegation and eventually becoming a decent top 6 club... then went to Valencia for 5 seasons and had a great time trying to compete against the big 2 and fighting for a CL place every year. I got offered the Real Madrid job which I took.

After 2 seasons at Real Madrid it killed all interest in my save. The reason; I won virtually every game, scoring 3 and 4 goals per game in many of the matches, won every trophy on offer.... absolutely no challenge and no fun anymore. :(

Point is, the grass isn't always greener. If you enjoy your current club and the challenge its giving you then think twice about jumping ship - or at least make a back up of your save so you can go back to your original save if your game stops being fun. :)

You lot are nutters. I'd have bitten Porto's hand off ;)

Though on reflection that was a pretty measly budget they offered you.

I don't really spend money to be honest. Usually rely on free's and cheap players.

Archived