When are you disappointed or angry?

I find that I will never tell a player I am disappointed or angry, even if they score very low, as long as the rest of the team performed well. If I won 4.0, i won't single out the MC who didn't get involved and got a 6.1.

Does anyone get the hairdryer out when a player's performance doesnt feel acceptable, even though the other 10 guys did their part?

I use disappointed if any player gets a 6.1 to 6.6, I then use angry for anything 6 or under. If I was to win 7-2 and one idiot defender made two mistakes and got rated under a 6 I use angry and then fine them aswell.

I have a high standard when it comes to player performance, aside from team talks I also interact with them after the match.

5.9 below = Angry (Hard to stay on the team)

6.0-6.5 = Disappointed (Hard to stay on the team)

6.6-7.2 = None (Unacceptable try to do better next time)

7.3-8.8 = Pleased (Keep it up)

8.9 above = Delighted (Keep it up)

ive found that the way i feel after a match about a players performance reacts well on me, my style is to discipline anyone and give them a good beasting if they play badly or the team as a whole if it does, have done this since the start of my save and im on every one of my players favoured personel, only ever had a problem with one arrogant basterd called Mario Balotelli who wanted a new contract and i refused.

It very much depends on the team, current form and recent performances. With my current squad I'm rather harsh with players not performing well even if we win because I have found it is a good way to keep them on their toes and keep them from getting complecent. I also take into consideration how they have appeared in the game, if they look disinterested or complacent I'm bound to come down harder on them than if they look like they are trying. Also depends on the age of the player and what squadstatus they have. I don't allow my key players the same slack as a youth player in the first team gathering experience.

I use the player rating as the performance rater. No matter how the other teammate played, the player is responsible for the his role in the team. So as he played he should be treated. I don't want a weak link in my team who becomes complacent.

Rating:

5.9 or less = angry (if because of complacency/nervousness I reprimand them with player interaction, not normally from own goals but sometimes when missing every chance when not in a goal drought)

6.0-6.7 = disappointed (if I can reprimand form in that rating range, I do so, but never last match)

6.8-7.4 at home/huge favourites = none

6.8-7.1 away = none

7.0-7.4 away = pleased/did well (depending)

7.5-8.4 = pleased/did well

8.5 or more = delighted (unless two or more players are over 9.0) (if youngsters or players who don't have me as favoured personel, say well done in player interaction)

in addition:

Red cards = angry

Won a game in a pleasing way = team: well done (regardless)

Low morale but won = team: well done (regardless)

On an old FM (I think 06), Essien made a mistake that made a game 4-1 instead of 4-0. I subbed him off, used the angry team talk, and never used him again.

Ah, the folly of youth..

When? Very rarely to never.

With any team talk, over use leads to 'not listening', so these need to be used sparingly to be effective.

Most of my squad are young kids, so I never blast them. A very poor performance results in NO TEAMTALK post-match talk to the individual.

If they are old and experienced enough to handle it, and unexpected but deserved half-time hairdryer will have a positive effect, providing they are professional.

I usually tell them I'm angry when I am only winning 1-0 or 2-1 at halftime against a lower reputation team. It usually increases their motivation and I ended up winning 4-0 or more. I can't say that it will work 100% of the time, but it's one tip ;)

You can also say it when you are losing to a lower reputation team :D its pretty obvious stuff, but I suggest you experiment a bit with the team talks and risk some games. It's worth it! :)

I usually tell them I'm angry when I am only winning 1-0 or 2-1 at halftime against a lower reputation team. It usually increases their motivation and I ended up winning 4-0 or more. I can't say that it will work 100% of the time, but it's one tip ;)

You can also say it when you are losing to a lower reputation team :D its pretty obvious stuff, but I suggest you experiment a bit with the team talks and risk some games. It's worth it! :)

This.

I am angry or disappointed if, IMHO, the player in question hasn't played well... (this does not always relate to a bad rating in the ME). As I watch the full 90 I see when a player gets robbed, makes a stupid challenge, can't pass the ball, misses a sitter, etc etc etc... and I judge my players based on what I SEE - not what the ratings tell me...

Archived