Best Explanation about Match Preparation! Read It!

Hi,

I was browsing in the web, and i found this post about match preparation!

http://www.truefootballmanager.com/2011/01/how-to-use-match-preparation-in-fm-2011.html

Untill now, my only concern about the match preparation was getting the familiarity levels bars to fluid. As i get those levels i didn't look to match preparation again. But this post above, makes real sence to me, and it's the first logical explanation i read about match preparation.

What do you think?

yeah i agree without realising it i came to this conculsion aswell since i started my last save ive had high workload team blend the whole time and ive won... ( bare in mind i am manchester city )

3 league titles 2 champions league titles 2 league cups fa cup 2 community shields 2 european super cups 2 world club championshipd and 3 manager of the year awards.

now that may seem completly irrelivent but when i did this save before i changed my preperation to att movement and left it there and it didnt help i then kept changing it and nothing ever happend ! to add to that i always had in ass mans feedback. player x is finding it difficult to gel with new teammates or something along those lines cant remember the EXACT wording. after 1 season i havent had that once despite major overhaul in all squads nearly every summer. if your currently a top team try it and just leave it high with team blend and see if your results are more consistant like mine were/ are !

Very interesting.. :thup:

But I wonder how does the author know what the SFA's do? How can he know that a higher workload doesn't have a better effect? And then why does he advise to leave it on 'normal' when a higher workload doesn't have a better effect?

Nice Keyzer Soze!

Thank you for the tip!

Hi,

I was browsing in the web, and i found this post about match preparation!

http://www.truefootballmanager.com/2011/01/how-to-use-match-preparation-in-fm-2011.html

Untill now, my only concern about the match preparation was getting the familiarity levels bars to fluid. As i get those levels i didn't look to match preparation again. But this post above, makes real sence to me, and it's the first logical explanation i read about match preparation.

What do you think?

The assistant actually conforms to the theory formulated in the link above - if you switch between him taking control and you doing it manually, you can see where he left it - he adjusts the focus, in my experience, according to the opposition - the only thing he doesn't do, is switch back to team blend in between, it gets left on the setting for the previous match.

Very interesting.. :thup:

But I wonder how does the author know what the SFA's do? How can he know that a higher workload doesn't have a better effect? And then why does he advise to leave it on 'normal' when a higher workload doesn't have a better effect?

I believe he recomend the "normal" level because the higher the level the less your players will train in there individual schedules. I think that with a "normal" level in the match preparation you get 70% for individual training, while with "high" level you will only have 50% for individual training.

that article tells me absolutely nothing that I didn't already know/hadn't already figured out... waste of my time, thanks :thup:

You just wasted even more of your time by posting complete drivel.

On topic - Very informative, thanks op.

So let me get this straight, just before a match I should change my SFA to attacking movement and after finishing the match and continuing, it should be back on team blend?

That is the theory posted in that link.

You should always have the SFA in team blend, and before a match change it to one of the others 4 (depending on your opponent). After the match return to "team blend" a leave it there until the next match.

Should I change the SFA on the same day as the match?

I believe he recomend the "normal" level because the higher the level the less your players will train in there individual schedules. I think that with a "normal" level in the match preparation you get 70% for individual training, while with "high" level you will only have 50% for individual training.

The article states that the match preparation intensity doesn't make a difference effect-wise, so my question was why not leave it on 'very low'?

This Match Preparation, at least for me, is still a little "pandora box"

We know that with a higher work load the tactic familiarity levels reach the fluid level quicker. But apart from that, all the others itens are still very secret.

Changing the SFA will benefit your team... but how much?

It would be nice that like in the tactic familiarity levels, we also have some kind of evaluation bars (or whatever) to see how the SFA works in our team

So who has tested these theories and actually noticed any difference? After 5 games of putting the SFA on defensive positioning, my team seem to have played worse in attack without any improvement what so ever in defence, if anything they got worse. I know it isn't many games but I didn't see any where that it says you need time for it to take effect, although, a lot of other things could be taken into effect like my team could just be having a dip in form as the squad is a little thin.

It's all so incredibly vague. Correct me if I'm wrong but surely SI would/should have released some sort of instructions on how to use, on what looks like, a very important new feature. Makes me wonder if they even know how some new features work themselves and it then ends up being left to the community to figure out the fine details.

Archived